• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Lucky Little Fin

Jackluyt

281358649_10220986254346698_8262181376857262059_n.jpg

Values for a player in Chapter XII

281345558_10220988916533251_4945036727297895648_n.jpg

I do the Hoop calculations for those who are interested in math; there are other methods out there that might give different results.

Last edited:

King Luckybaby

For the tasks - sentient goods count :)

I have harvested my orc nests -
in connection with the pyramid of purification - I get sentient goods -
these goods have counted for the task :)

Orcs from the armories
I will see !

Enevhar Aldarion

For the tasks - sentient goods count :)

I have harvested my orc nests -
in connection with the pyramid of purification - I get sentient goods -
these goods have counted for the task :)

Orcs from the armories
I will see !

The tooltips for the quests now say sentient and ascended goods count, but in the thread for one of the recent events, someone posted this has been true for a while, just that Inno did not bother to tell us.

Laurelin-Beta

@Arthus : By strange coincidence, I saw a Stonehenge Base in Crafting yesterday (on Live - EN1). I have no idea when this was added, or if it's been there forever and I just haven't seen it before - and because I've Crafted it to get it out of the way, I won't be seeing it again any time soon, either! But just thought you might like to know that there is at least SOME chance, it seems, of a Stonehenge Base on Live - no matter how low. Mind you, that won't help you personally if you already have a Stonehenge in your City... but it's available otherwise, it seems.

Last edited:

Laurelin-Beta

In general : I very much dislike RNG-based rewards, and this occasion is no exception; therefore I will almost certainly not place (or try to win) the Evolving Building - especially because it gives T3 Goods again?! My Trader is already full of downstream T3 Cross-Trades, mainly for T2 (shortest supply) but also for T1, too, and I myself now have such a huge over-stock of T3 Goods that I first removed one, and have now removed BOTH of my T3 Manufactories... and still the T3 Goods are mounting up! I now have ~30% more T3 than either T1 or T2, and growing, even though I do NOT accept or post Cross-Trades... and I have only three Evolving Buildings which produce T3 (only because I need/use their other productions).

Scrolls are still in the shortest supply of ALL Goods (with their often-associated T1 Boost, Steel, being the next shortest in supply), according to most players I've seen on the Forums and/or talked to in-game, and T2 in general is shrinking as a % of the Goods market because even players who don't Cross-Trade are posting heavily 3* Trades (in either Crystal or Silk), all asking for Scrolls. Trades demanding Scrolls move slowly, if at all.

Please! - if no better production item(s), such as those already mentioned above by other commentators, are a realistic option (although THAT would make this Building much more attractive, certainly to me), consider altering the Tier of Goods it provides, at the very least - and please, also, don't keep adding more T3-producers to the game, either. Not only is over-favouring T3 Goods quite unimaginative and somewhat tedious, too, for anyone who's played for more than a few months, but it's also a very bad idea as far as the balance of the Goods market is concerned.

Just as the excessive Scrolls production of the Moonstone Set is the original cause of the present long-term and serious shortage in Scrolls in particular and the other two T2 Goods as a predictable knock-on effect, too - even though the Moonstone Set appeared over TWO YEARS ago - Elvenar's underlying base game responds very slowly to changes, but strongly retains momentum even AFTER the long-term results of any given change start to become visible, and this fundamental problem with Scrolls - first a major glut, then scarcity - has been ongoing for far too long, and shows no signs of improving yet, either. In exactly the same way, and for the same reasons, too, the combined effect of excess T3 production in ALL THREE T3 Goods (with Gems being the most in over-supply) by several Evolving Buildings in a row, now, is causing a glut at present and will end up causing the same rebound scarcity problem in future, once it is [belatedly] finally addressed... and this effect is already visible, as I say.

Why repeat such an obvious - and significant, and long-term, and entire game-affecting - error as the Moonstone Set-related Scrolls disaster, which was not only predicted in advance, but has long now PROVED to be the serious problem which it is...? I really don't understand...?

About the last thing the game needs is MORE underlying balance-damaging influence(s), especially now that Inno appears to be trying to address some of the most apparent imbalances which have long been present in the first five or so Chapters.

Anyway. I'm no good at writing concisely, I know, so to anyone who has read to the end of this post - thanks for your patience and time! :)

Hazel Caballus

Please! - if no better production item(s), such as those already mentioned above by other commentators, are a realistic option (although THAT would make this Building much more attractive, certainly to me), consider altering the Tier of Goods it provides, at the very least - and please, also, don't keep adding more T3-producers to the game, either.
I strongly agree.

Lack of T2 should be addressed by offering T2 producing (evo or set) buildings in the next event(s). Offering more T3 producers should be avoided - for a certain time.

Another issue:
I don’t like the idea of getting random rewards from a permanent building. This mechanism should be restricted to time-limited buildings such as the genie.

Ibison2

Building is beautiful but 60% to get ascended goods 1st tier is not a good prize.
They have absolutely no use in game atm + we produce much more in 3h in 1 manufactory than here in 24h (6400)
Things like pet food, various spells, royal restoration, unit instants, units, vision vapor, sips of clarity, they would be much more suitable.

But it proves to me once again that whoever decides about these prizes, doesn't play late-game.
You have to play to know what is useful and what is useless.
6400 ascended good is totally useless.
And it will be the prize in 3/5 of cases.
Even replacing them with less KP would be better.
Except for RR and VV I don't need anything on your list. And they are most likely not ever giving VV and the amount of RR would be really low.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibison2

Random prizes from the evolving building could be much better! There are much more valuable stuff you can offer such as pet food, royal restoration, temporary buildings helping us in fighting, temporary production boost (i.e. double of the amount produced for a full day), new soreries items to give us the choice on artefacts to chose from, so we can consider upgrading our old evolving buildings and get them to stage 10. Love the kps but the probability to get them are way too low.
The odds work out in the long run. Meaning that this building gives 2.5kp per day on top of the other goods

Enevhar Aldarion

After looking more at the random goods from the evolving building, I realized that, in my other little Beta city, I am not going to evolve it past level 7, at least not right away. For that chapter 5 city, a level 7 gives much needed tier 2 goods, while levels 8-10 give much less needed tier 3 goods.

ayvinul

please give us more events with chests like this one. I love these:
- we can actually control our chance of getting the daily prize or going to the evolving building, contrary to the lotery where you open gifts
- it's less time consuming than the Halloween type events, which are way too complex for their own good.

Hazel Caballus

I don’t like this type of event anymore. Chances for getting daily prizes are quite low and there’s no guarantee that you get one no matter how much event currency you spend. Winning extra event currency is as also completely dependent on luck.
I prefer the shuffleboard type which guarantees winning a daily prize at least when opening all gifts on a board.
I also came to like the misty forest type events because I‘ve been the most successful in those events (i.e., compared to other event types I won the most artifacts without having to use diamonds).

Enevhar Aldarion

please give us more events with chests like this one. I love these:
- we can actually control our chance of getting the daily prize or going to the evolving building, contrary to the lotery where you open gifts
- it's less time consuming than the Halloween type events, which are way too complex for their own good.

But this is exactly the same as the 3-chest system, only dressed up in hoops and not chests, so we already get this 4 or 5 times a year. Hoops, Beacons, Chests, all the same because of 3-choice rotation and random currency to win from them.

ayvinul

But this is exactly the same as the 3-chest system, only dressed up in hoops and not chests, so we already get this 4 or 5 times a year. Hoops, Beacons, Chests, all the same because of 3-choice rotation and random currency to win from them.
yeah, and it's the perfect balance for me. I don't need a random lottery, nor a foggy maze that takes forever to navigate. It's the one type of event where you can have the most control with the least time spent !

Enevhar Aldarion

yeah, and it's the perfect balance for me. I don't need a random lottery, nor a foggy maze that takes forever to navigate. It's the one type of event where you can have the most control with the least time spent !

But the 16 box system, like we had in the last event, is not random. You are guaranteed one daily prize if you open all 16 spots. Also, if you do not waste currency on a bunch of shuffles, and you complete all the quests, you are guaranteed of completing the grand prize building.

Lovec Krys

@ayvinul The 3 chest(and all it's incarnates including this one) is the most random one - I'm not saying it's bad, but depending on luck, you can end in iron as well in gold with the same strategy.

The gift system have one advantage over chest system - you are guaranteed to get daily reward if you don't shuffle (or shuffle after you get daily reward). With 3 chest, you're not guaranteed of getting any daily reward - it depends on luck - in most cases this does not differ too much, but there are some unlucky fellows who can spend 3k currency and don't get a single daily.

The mist system has also one advantage over other systems - with good strategy, you can easily end in silver/gold. But from my experience getting daily rewards is not as good in this system as in other two.

To put this in perspective:
If i go purely for dailies, the 3 chest as well as gift system are both good, with the 3 chest and average luck a little better.
If i go purely for evo/set - the mist system is the best for me - since i end in silver (and sometimes in gold) every time.

ayvinul

@ayvinul The 3 chest(and all it's incarnates including this one) is the most random one - I'm not saying it's bad, but depending on luck, you can end in iron as well in gold with the same strategy.

The gift system have one advantage over chest system - you are guaranteed to get daily reward if you don't shuffle (or shuffle after you get daily reward). With 3 chest, you're not guaranteed of getting any daily reward - it depends on luck - in most cases this does not differ too much, but there are some unlucky fellows who can spend 3k currency and don't get a single daily.

The mist system has also one advantage over other systems - with good strategy, you can easily end in silver/gold. But from my experience getting daily rewards is not as good in this system as in other two.

To put this in perspective:
If i go purely for dailies, the 3 chest as well as gift system are both good, with the 3 chest and average luck a little better.
If i go purely for evo/set - the mist system is the best for me - since i end in silver (and sometimes in gold) every time.
I totally disagree, you need to do a bit of computation to figure out the best chests -- I have these in a spreadsheet with all the formulas ready to go these days, but over the whole event, things average fairly well. If you go for the grand prize (and finish the event) you will definitely be in silver/gold.
as for the daily prizes, as long as you choose what you want from the beta data, it's also easy to get multiples of the same prizes, provided you wait for the right day. I used to grab 10+ wishing wells out of events before they phased them out, for instance.
And there's the fact you actually have some control over going for the evolving building preferentially or the daily prizes, instead of randomly clicking and hoping you get the best currencies.

For the current event, the sequences go
best evolving building chests: 36/68/50/71/55/21/25/27/31
best daily prize chests: 31/21/27/55/50/25/71/36/68

Lovec Krys

but over the whole event, things average fairly well
Not always. One event is too short for this to work in every case, so you can have an event with very low luck (or very good).

If you go for the grand prize (and finish the event) you will definitely be in silver/gold.
I realy wouldn't say this sentence in connection to the chest system. When talking about getting into gold with chest system, there are only two ways how to get there - either get huge amount of event currency from the chests(=pure luck) or buy it. No strategy* without enough luck can get you in gold with chest system.

ps: (*) There actualy is one, but the chances, that hundreds of players make dozens of low chapter cities or one player makes thousands of cities just to increase participation in league system to increase the capacity of gold league is very low.

Hueanthar

Was there a FA between Naturally Amazing and Lucky Little Fin? (I've been searching the forum for the answer but when my eyes started crossing I thought I'd just quickly ask here. :oops:)