• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Undocumented changes

Arthus

They really should rework magic academy crafting, enabling more recipe slots and simultaneous crafting.
The ammount of recipes is getting sick and it's hard to get what's needed.

Also still no evo building with scouting time reduction, we wait for years... Remember how we asked them for Green (Jade) Phoenix in 2019/20?
They still added different one in 2022 with weak productions of things we already have.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Also still no evo building with scouting time reduction, we wait for years... Remember how we asked them for Green (Jade) Phoenix in 2019/20?

Chapters 16-19 do not have an Advanced Scouts tech, so does anyone really think Inno would do something else that would reduce scout times?

edeba

Very happy that we now can start Orcs production on the browser in all armories in one go!
Wow, that was such a looooong wait... I haven't got to try it yet. Nice that it is at the end of the update cycle and not the beginning, so should be in live next week.

Lelanya

Tandriel has a new face. It's not an improvement in my humble opinion, and honestly, you would think that someone at InnoGames would have figured out by now that retro engineering the artwork leads to nothing but problems, but ... we've come to expect a lack of direction in this area.
Screenshot 2022-04-26 202617.jpg

Lelanya

She is reused in upcoming feature, probably that was the reason for new artwork
And? The original one is an example of what we have come to expect of an elf in the game.
The new and  disimproved looks like a human girl with a bad dye job. Hard to believe that would refer to her skin color! She looks fake.

CrazyWizard

And? The original one is an example of what we have come to expect of an elf in the game.
The new and  disimproved looks like a human girl with a bad dye job. Hard to believe that would refer to her skin color! She looks fake.
Hasn't that been the case since they redrawn here? they arent lookingh like elves anymore for years now.

Karvest

Not sure how it looked like before, but here is some history of changes here on beta:
Current version is there since 04.05.22,
previous one - since 11.04.22,
older - since 15.10.20,
and oldest I've seen - at least since 13.07.18 (when I've started to track client metadata changes)

btw, current version looks a bit different than what posted on screenshot
elves_witch-84925ddac1a1ba6c33d017a1f3210fb1.png
vs
index.php
, so probably version on screenshot is previous one.
+ there are 2 more elven witches from events:
elves_witch_event_summer-dc4ceb2f9b816b2fcbd4891823a28085.png
and
summer_xix_elves_witch-6c455fde9e03b6ab3078316f07ff919b.png

Last edited:

Lelanya

The screenshot that I offered is from about 2 weeks ago and is currently annoying me in my oldest elven city EN1 Arendyll (this one a few weeks into year 7).
To me, none of Karvest's pics look like the one that I remember although the one at the left on the bottom most closely resembles the pic I had in my city a month ago.
I'd forgotten about the dark elf one.

Laurelin-Beta

I also don't like the way in which some of the older in-game characters are being redrawn, and nor do I like most of those which have been added since the game became primarily mobile-focused. If it helps, here's the Live game version of Tandriel I first saw during the Tutorial, in April 2018:

Magical_Advisor_Female_Elf_Mage_Tandriel_01_Full_Edited.jpg

... to my eyes, this image (compared with the 'new' version) far more suggests a traditional [Tolkien-style] Elf Mage - who would, one assumes, probably be even more wise, thoughtful, reserved, and possibly somewhat aloof than most Elves of any profession are usually considered to be.

The new-style version of Tandriel not only looks to me, unhappily, rather like a victim of cyanosis (that particular shade of purple-ish dark blue is very, very unhealthy-looking), but also far more like a Human woman than any kind of Elf - not only because her face is much fuller than that of a typically very slender Elf, but also because her [presumably pointed?] ears can't be seen well at all. Her hair is arranged in a modern 'layered' style, and her make-up is quite heavy, too - neither of which stylistic choices would normally be favoured by Elves.

In fact, the 'new' Tandriel doesn't look much like any kind of Mage - her expression is openly cheerful, whereas neither Elves nor classic Mages are known for smiling in that kind of 'wholesome' manner, and I'd even go so far as to say that, to me, she looks not so much merely happy as frankly a bit silly - as if she'd be more likely to giggle or simper than to hand out serious advice or dispense any learned wisdom.

But at least we don't (yet?) have to put up with the full-on cartoon Elves which Inno posts on Facebook and Instagram - those really ARE scary, and I won't inflict screenshots on the Forum... although I will say that the FB one isn't even blue (she's standard Caucasian), and while the Instagram one [which I've seen] does have faintly pale blue-ish skin, her vivid pink hair highlights, eyebrow piercing (no, really), and huge, anime-style eyes rather ruin that minor attempt at Elven[ar] authenticity! Oh, and she has a mobile device of some kind in her hand, too... of course.

All that said, though, and personal preferences aside : the style of the in-game characters matters far more in Elvenar than in most other games, because Elvenar sells itself primarily on its graphics, which appeal to a particular type of customer, too - in fact, what drew me to this game (rather than any of the many others available) was its particular and traditional style of fantasy art, rather than the far more prevalent and more modern 'mobile' style of artwork, which is, to me, rather childish and over-simplified - and can also be found in just about every other casual game these days, including both of Inno's own most recent and mobile-only offerings. Trying to force Elvenar, too, into that graphical style just doesn't work.

There are hardly any (mobile) games out there, let alone within the casual genre, which still use realistic artwork, whether fantasy-style or not, and such older-style graphics do attract a particular type of player. For that reason alone, I don't think that trying to 'update' Elvenar's in-game characters, whose existing images already fit so well into its overall graphical style, is a good idea - least of all in cases like this, where I very much doubt whether anyone was even complaining about the 'old' Tandriel, nor asking that she be replaced with an 'updated' version.

Not all change is for the better - and 'change for the sake of change' rarely turns out to be an improvement. Or : if it's not broken, don't fix it!

Heymrdiedier

I don't see the fuss, even a real life prinses will change her hairstyle and gown from time to time. Its no big deal?
Some people try to fight it (for example Cher), but is it really that troublesome that someone's appearances change over time?

Its not like it went from fantasy animation into cartoonish picture or chopstick figures or something, just a small cosmetic update

Prueba2

Current version v1.154-beta.5-(f792609) - html5 (2022-05-23 09:06)
Has anybody detected any changes?

CrazyWizard

I have never seen a blue Tolkine elf, and if pointy ears are to go by even spock is an elf ;)

I don't see the reason why to bother also.