• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

iDavis

Something tells me that chapter 20 will be even more difficult and potentially longer lasting than the last few. We now have the new runeshard-KP exchange feature and this chapter will be the first one that will count with us having wonders significantly more advanced than what was the standard in previous chapters. I assume this will be properly considered when creating a balance for this chapter and the requirements will be adjusted adequately.

Arthus

Something tells me that chapter 20 will be even more difficult and potentially longer lasting than the last few. We now have the new runeshard-KP exchange feature and this chapter will be the first one that will count with us having wonders significantly more advanced than what was the standard in previous chapters. I assume this will be properly considered when creating a balance for this chapter and the requirements will be adjusted adequately.

If they continue the trend we will reach 1 year per chapter which will be boring...
Unless they finally bring "colony" settlement system from FOE that sits and waits to be implemented as it offers years of fun but well..
They have 5 different types already.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Something tells me that chapter 20 will be even more difficult and potentially longer lasting than the last few.

That is what I expect too, with the gap between 20 and 21 being in the 8-month range, while being about 6 months between 19 and 20. I finished chapter 19 in just under 5 months on Live without using any money or diamonds, only having plenty of spare time and lots of time boosters. Though compared to chapters 15-18, each of those took me between 3 and 4 months to complete, so 19 did take me about a month more.

Enevhar Aldarion

@TomatoeHu shared this google doc on the EN forum about changes for chapters 1-5 research that are being tested here on Beta. Testing that no one has bothered to tell us about at all.

CrazyWizard

It's in the patch notes "we made some balancing changes":rolleyes:
Sounds minor, but I think that moving spire and wonder access to later chapters is pretty huge deal and would think there's be more talk about it
Spire access later?

We have seen in the live game a message about tournament becomming chapter 4, but where can we play the spire?

Alcaro

Question - these minor differences will apply to all players or just to the newly created cities? I am asking this because I have a lovely "kindergarden" in my FS and the "kids" are doing a good job in Spire and Tourny. This change, if applies to all players no matter when they started the cities, beside affecting them directly, will affect also the FSs which accepted them and those FSs might be forced to replace them with players able to participate in all FS's activities.
Care to give a straight answer @Marindor ?

Alcaro

It's in the patch notes "we made some balancing changes":rolleyes:
Sounds minor, but I think that moving spire and wonder access to later chapters is pretty huge deal and would think there's be more talk about it
Imagine that with such a change, all new players will be rejected by most FSs. Let's talk about player's retention ... :D

Enevhar Aldarion

Question - these minor differences will apply to all players or just to the newly created cities? I am asking this because I have a lovely "kindergarden" in my FS and the "kids" are doing a good job in Spire and Tourny. This change, if applies to all players no matter when they started the cities, beside affecting them directly, will affect also the FSs which accepted them and those FSs might be forced to replace them with players able to participate in all FS's activities.

I feel it should be applied to all cities not yet in chapter 5. Otherwise you have all these current little cities in chapter 3 that will not need tier 3 goods in the Spire and then all the new cities who can't get into the Spire until chapter 5, who will need the tier 3 goods to negotiate. If I were a new player with a new city, finding out about this could be enough to make me quit the game over the unfairness.

Karvest

Doubt there is any real newbie city in ch3 that participate in spire. All of them are special builds designed by experienced players. For me, having t3 goods in Spire (and in wholesaler offers) is not bad, and upgrading to ch4 is mandatory. Ch5 requirement would increase costs a bit, but won't change much even if you do 5k+ points in tourney and top spire.

maxiqbert

for tournament, the best time to stop progression is right after advanced scout of orcs, so a lot later.
IMHO these changes target FA special cities

guivou

but will heavily hurt all new player , with no tourney , no event doable ... very bad move

FA special cities are only quite a small number because most of player don't care about FA (and need quite lot of time to be efficient )

maxiqbert

but will heavily hurt all new player , with no tourney , no event doable ... very bad move

FA special cities are only quite a small number because most of player don't care about FA (and need quite lot of time to be efficient )
small numbers yes
huge effect though
a level 3 city can easily make more than 100 bracelets per day

guivou

Imagine that with such a change, all new players will be rejected by most FSs. Let's talk about player's retention ... :D
new players are those who need most to be in FS for having advices and help but if they can't participate , they won't be invited ...