• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile Discussion

iDavis

The interesting thing is that we can get black matter also by selling the portal itself (at level 2 we can receive 12x black matter, for selling level 3 it´s 24x black matter). But at this point I can´t really think of a reason why would someone do that, as this amount is not higher (in case of level 2 it´s actually lower) than the requirements of the respective upgrades..

ekarat

The interesting thing is that we can get black matter also by selling the portal itself (at level 2 we can receive 12x black matter, for selling level 3 it´s 24x black matter). But at this point I can´t really think of a reason why would someone do that, as this amount is not higher (in case of level 2 it´s actually lower) than the requirements of the respective upgrades..

You would sell it because it expired?

I mean, if you were building it and selling it right away for the matter, then you wouldn't upgrade it, no.
But if an upgraded building expired, you would sell it.

Or am I missing something? (I genuinely could be.)

Angeduciel

The process to get a tower of darkness is "interesting": you build one tower of light then you have to sell it to get 1 white matter. You rebuild another tower of light and to upgrade it to become a tower of darkness, you need to use 1 white matter (or pay 100 diamonds).

So even if we can use PP(portal profit) to produce the white & black magic, the building/selling process of towers will be quite intense in order to get the 24 black matter needed to upgrade the portal (fortress) per level increase.

Jaxom

I can't really judge until I get the buildings up but this is not sounding like fun.
I ask those who have gotten the buildings, are you enjoying this rather new system of producing things?

Indianaking

Does anyone know please what you can generate with the portal profits and which resources do you have to produce or generate through the sale of the towers?

Angeduciel

I just see this as a process... instead of launching production runs that consume resources, you sell and rebuild... At this point, I am thinking of not keeping the 5 towers required by a quest, and add more breeding buildings instead. I have not calculate yet how many breeding facilities I can run considering they need mana and seeds.

@Indianaking , the portal profits gives you White magic and Black magic. When you sell a tower you get White matter (from the Tower of Light) or Black matter (from the Tower of Darkness)

Indianaking

Originally I had planned 4 breeding facilitys. In the meantime I will build at least 8, better 10. Fortunately, after long deliberations, I finally built the Temple of Spirits on my main server so I don't have to switch and can let the seed run through. Hopefully that's enough to run 8-10 breeding facilitys.
Ultimately - as you said too - I will build just 1-2 towers, which I will sell and rebuild as often as possible. Fortunately, we have time on the liveservers to be able to prepare better.

palmira

The problem for those of us without the temple of spirits is the huge amount of unurium needed for research (and EM upgrades),. Combined with the loads of t7 needed for the (144) towers this race looks no walk on the park. I have a load of seeds producing buildings and my Triumph of the tides is set for seeds but it will be quite challenging to balance seeds and unurium.

pilousd

I just see this as a process... instead of launching production runs that consume resources, you sell and rebuild... At this point, I am thinking of not keeping the 5 towers required by a quest, and add more breeding buildings instead. I have not calculate yet how many breeding facilities I can run considering they need mana and seeds.

Correct @Angeduciel, provided you don't need the towers to produce White magic and Black magic and use portal profits instead, like most will.
I did the same to put more breeding facilities around the portal. However be aware you will get another quest later on, asking to get (simultaneously, I precise) 10 towers and 10 breeding facilities. I used some teleports for the duration of that one.

Edit : Later, another quest is asking for 8 breeding facilities at level 2, then 6 facilities at level 3...
So far I kept my 10 facilities at level 2 despite their size increase (from 4x4 to 4x6). I'm reaching the point where I will increase their size again (to 5x6 then 6x6 for level 4). Considering the insane amounts of creature resources requested across the research tree, I will try to keep all of them, by making more space available.

Last edited:

pilousd

Hello!
I don't have the story quest in chapter 19, is this happening to someone else? Or is it normal?
thanks!

Hi @Werepenguin, did you finish researching the Prepared Barracks in the research tree ?
Once that research is done, it should unlock the optional aspect of whatever quest you have left from chapter 18. Or if you were done with all of them already, it will get you started with the new set of story quests from chapter 19.