• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile Discussion

iDavis

@Lovec Krys saving space by PPs won´t really be the case, as we will still need those resources (Matter) for selling these buildings (White Matter for selling this building at level 1 (as that is actually the "White" version of that building) and Black matter for selling this building at level 2). Maybe we just won´t need "so many" of them, but we also most likely will not get around them..

Turbina

OK how good is the Unurium production of the new wonder? Let's do some rough math with the numbers presented here.

My aim is to compare (a) building the new wonder to produce Unurium with (b) building festival merchants and producing seeds instead; and balancing that by switching production in the trader.

Chapter 19 Magic Residences produce 1.1M$ per day. Let's say I have 25 of them with 150% culture level, that's 1.1M$ * 25 * 1.5 = 41M$/day.
A level 1 [or 6 or 30] Vallorian tower will produce 0.024% [or 0.048% or 0.16%] of that money in Unurium, that makes 10k [or 20k or 66k] per day.

My trader (with 5 collections/day) can produce around 200k Unurium/day in chapter 19. If I want to produce the 10k [or 20k or 66k] in the trader instead of the wonder, that eats up 5% [or 10% or 33%] of its daily production time.

I would take that production time away from seeds. My trader can produce around 100k seed/day, so that will cost me 5k [or 10k or 33k] seeds per day.

With festival merchants producing 3840/day, this means I need 1.3 [or 2.6 or 8.6] merchants to make up for the loss of seeds. At a size of 4x3, they will need 16 [or 31 or 103] squares of real estate. The Vallorian tower has 5x6=30 squares, so its production per square starts worse than festival merchants and overtakes them at level 6.

So much for pure Unurium production.

Switching to tournament perspective, each wonder level raises spire and tourney squad sizes by 0.3%. Already having 360 wonder levels means that a level 30 wonder raises my wonder-based squad size factor from (1+ 360*0.3 = 208%) to (1+ 390*0.3 = 217%) for an effective rise of troop losses by 217/208 -1 = 4.3%

Compare that to the extra merchants needing 103-30 = 73 squares = 3 expansions more, which you could save (and simply not build) if you raise the wonder to level 30 instead.

Already sitting on 122 normal plus 39 premium expansions means that 3 more normal expansions raise my land-based squad size factor from (122 + 0.66*39 - 4.5 = 143.24) to 146.24 for an effective rise of troop losses by 146.24/143.24 -1 = 2,1%.

2.1% versus 4.3% means that... using this wonder is TWICE as damaging to my tournament losses compared to the alternative of buying expansions and building merchants on them.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Turbina I think that Vallorian Tower will be similar to Maze of the Dark Matter - not so great production, but good for accumulation thx. to lowering the decay.
So some players will be glad for the lower decay, while others will consider it not that important for their play style to build that wonder.

@iDavis , @Karvest Ok, seems to be more complicated and we will have to go through it to see the actual effects, and se might be able to judge the chapter after a while.

I wonder if this chapter will break the spire for players entering chapter 19.
When at sunday the new spire arrives, will you need t7 for the spire?

As it's the only good you cannot freely trade and are very depending on the merchant
We will see, but so far there was no unurium, so i think that T7+ also won't be required.
By 100% we will know on sunday when new Spire begins for those of us who enter the new chapter in between.
But for me it's already broken (especialy seeds), so i have been only fighting there for some time.

edeba

I am just wondering if unurium moves to being required in the tournament and spire for catering.

Arthus

Give us more slots on military buildings at some point or enable two units at once production and you will finally support later chapters in tournament aspect instead of players sitting in lower chapters on purpose

sventovit

Vous avez combien d'armureries ou de forge ? Parce que dans les deux cas j'ai l'impression qu'un seul suffit pour continuer les quêtes principales.
Mais avec une seule armurerie on risque de ne pas produire assez de la ressource orc et avec une seule forge même magique on risque de ne pas avoir assez d'outils.

How many armories or workshop do you have? Because in both cases I have the impression that onely one is enough to continue the main quests.
But with a single armory there is a risk of not producing enough of the orc resource and with a single workshop, even magical, there is a risk of not having enough tools.

Lovec Krys

1 armory? Well, some players are truly minimalists. Even my beta city has 5. My main city has 16, but it has them mainly for 20h+ military queues & extra ranking points.

Jaxom

Everyone has their own way of playing this game, that is certain!
I have 4 armories in each of my cities. Was actually thinking about cutting back to 3 on Beta.
I have found myself using a few time boosts once in awhile to get a few more orcs. That is one nice feature about armories., you can time boost them.

Unurium is a pain for sure. Can't speed up collection from the Trader and the unurium producing buildings are not impressive to me. Too big for what they give.

Does anyone actually like any of the buildings that produce unurium? Maybe I haven't looked closely enough.

sventovit

I have 3 armories. I wondered if one was enough. I have 3 camps I use correctly all my different categories of soldiers.
I have 3 forge workshop. I wondered if 2 was enough.

For unurium, ToS (Temple of Spirits) is very useful. Almost level 15 at home. And for your information, the winter event building produces unurium.

ayebee

Can anyone tell me of the Fortress of Revenge always requires Ingots to build or is it dependent on boosts?

Jaxom

Can someone tell me if Temple of Spirit pays out unurium at the end of the Spire or as each is gained?
Since we are in an event I might actually put this up and see if it helps the early part of this chapter.
Any opinions on its value?

Angeduciel

@Jaxom , I really appreciate my Temple of spirits (Level16). I receive unurium as I open each chest in the Spire, and every time I pick up event currency. The amount of unurium is dependant of your city required culture, but to give you an idea, here is what I am gaining:
1636748932102.png

Hope this help

edeba

Can someone tell me if Temple of Spirit pays out unurium at the end of the Spire or as each is gained?
Since we are in an event I might actually put this up and see if it helps the early part of this chapter.
I believe it is as you go up.

Yogi Dave

You get the reward with every chest you open when it's opened including the mystery ones.

As for an opinion on its value, that is going to differ all over the place. I've placed it and taken it to level 11. I know others that have taken it higher. I haven't delved into the unurium requirements in ch 19 yet. That will determine for me if it was/is worth it. I don't have the Sunset Towers AW. So even with the Festival Merchant and Amuni Ship buildings placed, I'll probably need to switch to seed production more often that others. I believe the Temple of Spirit AW will reduce the need to switch back to producing unurium. Only time will tell and I'm only at that level in live, so it will take longer for me to have an experiential opinion.

Fee-1

Can someone help me and tell me whether the awakened goods are still needed in Chapter 19? , Thank you for the answer :)