• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface separate quest requesters from the main logic

ayvinul

One thing that would improve the game quality greatly would be to separate the quests logic.

Currently, you only have ONE requester active at the time in the game. It can do other things (for instance, you can still see your inventory at the top), but you have to quit whatever you were doing to grab a quest/badge.

This is especially annoying during adventures: you have to stop using spells every 3 spells to collect the badge, then go back to whatever you're doing. The worst case is definitely wonder swap chains: go to the fellowship menu, click on your fellow, find the wonder, click on it.... Add 10 points. GET OUT OF ALL THAT, get the badge, and repeat.

This would improve the quality of game play for people immensely.

Alcaro

I would add that Badges collected during tournaments are as well the same pain. You can collect 3 types of badges: Hats (from getting 2 spells), Marbles (from collecting 8 relics) and Ghosts (from solving 3 encounters). Ofc, rarely you get them all at once, most of the time you get only one, then u solve another encounter and complete another badge and so on. For each badge you have to go out from tourny, collect the badge, back to tourny, each action requiring several clicks. Is this a clicking festival or what?!

Aeva

I would certainly like to see that the system allows you to add badges to the adventure menu without leaving a tournament or your city or when adding kp's to another players AW.

Last edited:

Aeva

There are several possibilities to reach the same goal:
1. the adventure menu appears on top of the menu you are in and disappears when you say so (add badge, add badge, go away-button)
2. badges can add up automatically, but I can also see the fun of adding them by hand without loosing the menu you ar in
3. the adventure menu can appear in the sidebar and stay there to add badges untill you click it away or close it
The main issue: you want to keep playing tournament or spire or giving neighbourly help without losing that menu every time you add a badge.

Karvest

While FA is active I'm forced to reload the game x2 times more often when doing tourney due to memory leaks of that menu... better just follow mystical object mechanics, accumulating requested resources over the cap and allow us to gather multiple badges of the same type later.

Last edited:

edeba

One thing that would improve the game quality greatly would be to separate the quests logic.

Currently, you only have ONE requester active at the time in the game. It can do other things (for instance, you can still see your inventory at the top), but you have to quit whatever you were doing to grab a quest/badge.

This is especially annoying during adventures: you have to stop using spells every 3 spells to collect the badge, then go back to whatever you're doing. The worst case is definitely wonder swap chains: go to the fellowship menu, click on your fellow, find the wonder, click on it.... Add 10 points. GET OUT OF ALL THAT, get the badge, and repeat.

This would improve the quality of game play for people immensely.
That is what was requested when we went from the universally gross system they developed first round.

There is still a gross level of extra clicking because they didn't make it so you can collect excess resources and then just click the number of badges it gives you.

Enevhar Aldarion

It works more like this in the app version. I can keep the FA badge menu open as I complete tournament provinces and collect the badges without having to exit out of anything.

But if anyone here is trying to get overflow badge collection, we have tried that on the US forum, and the CM there said the devs refused the suggestion.