• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Pauly7

Yes, there is a considerable nerf of the event heading into Live, so people won't be so positive there. On Beta I think the balance (originally) was quite good, in that if you completed all the events and picked up most of the currency lying around then you would have a fairly strong chance of collecting all the pieces of the set, albeit not guaranteed. With the new levels I think you are now going to have to be lucky to complete the set without spending... which is probably what they wanted all along!

Consolation rewards in chests were also OK-ish. The usual. The only complaint I have is the same as in many past events: when the daily prize is Ancient Knowledge, it’s worse than Ancient Knowledge in the chests.
This bugs me about the KP too. How is 10KP a daily "exclusive" when there are at least 2 chests giving out double that? I am also not happy about the dwindling numbers of troops that it's possible to win. I am very much noticing the difference the last couple of events.

Droopy

Just a general note for the events i've seen since i start playing Elvenar.

The Daily Exclusive of "Ancient Knowledge 10KP" made me always wonder. Why not 20KP or better 30KP, because in the other "small" rewards you can win 20KP with a bigger chance?

beta-daily-exclusive-20210607.JPG

SoggyShorts

In the end I did get all 7 pieces of the set and I have some spare currency left.
With the milestones dropping by 20%, the daily quests by 22% and the sequential quests by ~10% I would estimate a 10-15% drop.
Did you have a lot of extra currency? Like 290+ staves?

Enevhar Aldarion

With the milestones dropping by 20%, the daily quests by 22% and the sequential quests by ~10% I would estimate a 10-15% drop.

Unless this is a real bug they tried to blame it on, Live will definitely be tighter.

I am halfway to my 15th grand prize, so 290 league points, and as usual, since this is Beta, I spread my currency out more, just to see if some random bug would pop up on a particular day. I had the complete set a day or two before the sudden drop in rewards, so I did not need that extra 250 they gave us to get there. I also had my usual poor Beta luck with winning extra currency. I got 300 once and 80 once or twice, and if I had hit another 200 or 300 or two, I would be sitting in silver right now, instead of bronze. Looking at my numbers, I think a complete set, even with the reduced rewards, is still going to happen, with just some average luck with extra currency. Oh, and I think another reason I do not have a higher score, while I went for the 45 beacons when they came up, I totally did not pay attention for a while that only one of them had a chance at extra currency, so I hurt myself with that and final league placement.

FieryArien

Did you have a lot of extra currency? Like 290+ staves?
At the moment I’ve got 260 staves (because I stopped right after getting the last set building which was the main goal) and 1k scrolls. The nerf itself didn’t affect me much, because I was on the daily-locked quests and I already claimed the milestone rewards. And of course I got those 250 compensation scrolls.

SoggyShorts

At the moment I’ve got 260 staves (because I stopped right after getting the last set building which was the main goal) and 1k scrolls. The nerf itself didn’t affect me much, because I was on the daily-locked quests and I already claimed the milestone rewards. And of course I got those 250 compensation scrolls.
Interesting, 1,000 scrolls should give ~45 staves for 305 total.
Take away 15% and you get 260.
Take away your Ashen chicken and you end up short.

Pauly7

The nerf itself didn’t affect me much, because I was on the daily-locked quests and I already claimed the milestone rewards. And of course I got those 250 compensation scrolls.
As oppose to not affecting you much, the nerf should've given you a healthy bonus to the original amount, which is quite weird really. Now the majority of Beta players picked up more currency than the Live players will, and they get a bonus.

I've had a lot of good luck in this one, picking up the 300 free scrolls bonus at least 4 times (maybe 5), but the odds would suggest that I should've won that no more than once. If, by any miracle, I replicated that luck on Live then I'll still complete the set, but with 1,200 less scrolls I probably wouldn't.

Enevhar Aldarion

Well, the final daily prize is a repeat of the not very good Body Transmutation, so anyone waiting until the final hour can concentrate on the best beacons for grand prizes and not the ones for daily prizes. 31 1/2 hours from now, who is going to be up at 5am New York City time, 2am Los Angeles time, or 11am Berlin time, to rush for that Gold?

Enevhar Aldarion

As oppose to not affecting you much, the nerf should've given you a healthy bonus to the original amount

Not really. I did the math and anyone who was to the locked quests, and who had not claimed the milestone prizes yet, would get about what they lost from that 250 they gave us. Only the people who had already claimed their milestone rewards came out ahead, and only by the 100 difference between before and after.

streilers

hello elvenarians, beta évent Ended tonight for me, completely left to wait for the result for the league, Will I stay in gold or go to silver
Opera Instantané_2021-06-08_064156_zz1.elvenar.com.png

Lelanya

Well, the final daily prize is a repeat of the not very good Body Transmutation, so anyone waiting until the final hour can concentrate on the best beacons for grand prizes and not the ones for daily prizes. 31 1/2 hours from now, who is going to be up at 5am New York City time, 2am Los Angeles time, or 11am Berlin time, to rush for that Gold?
3 AM for me. Not going to happen.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Just FYI: we got confirmation that for Live the balancing will indeed be a bit tighter than it was on Beta. For Live it will be more in line with the balancing for the Easter event.

Lovec Krys

Great, so even worse outcome on live than on beta.
The good thing is that i wasn't planning to place the set even if i got all pieces, so i can just go for the few KPs and forget about all the other garbage in the event, and end in the amateur league as i'm ending on beta.

Hazel Caballus

Even though I completed all quests, I didn’t manage to get all of the set buildings (12 “steps” are still missing). I don’t have an ashen phoenix and I don’t pick up a lot of the spawned currency (usually twice a day). I mostly focused on the cheaper beacons (18 or 45). Maybe the more expansive ones would have been better, but then it depends even more on (good or bad) luck to win some extra currency...
I think that a change in the balancing wouldn’t have been necessary - the event is already “tight” enough so that many (of the more casual) players will have to spend diamonds for extra currency if they wish to have the complete set...

edeba

Yes, there is a considerable nerf of the event heading into Live, so people won't be so positive there. On Beta I think the balance (originally) was quite good, in that if you completed all the events and picked up most of the currency lying around then you would have a fairly strong chance of collecting all the pieces of the set, albeit not guaranteed. With the new levels I think you are now going to have to be lucky to complete the set without spending... which is probably what they wanted all along!

This bugs me about the KP too. How is 10KP a daily "exclusive" when there are at least 2 chests giving out double that? I am also not happy about the dwindling numbers of troops that it's possible to win. I am very much noticing the difference the last couple of events.
I haven't spent a dime or had much interest in events since they took out the time instant prizes. Troops are such a regressive prize. There value grossly delines with each extra province your do in the tournament.\

I don't get Inno's business strategy. It is very anti-consumer.

GerdyaanB

Given time differences in both direction it is unclear when the last hour will be unless inno is calculating in each and every time zone...
Or is there a beta server in each time zone ? Otherwise it would not be possible that for some event already ended....or am i missing something....