• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Earwen1

Edit: what I want to know is whether this is only affecting the final 7 daily quests, starting with the last two, or is someone not even to the dailies yet, suddenly getting less for every one of their remaining quests?
The latter.
In my other, Chapter II city, I had the 250 extra as well and not yet even close to the daily quests over there.

Enevhar Aldarion

The latter.
In my other, Chapter II city, I had the 250 extra as well and not yet even close to the daily quests over there.

Check your milestone bar and see if they both show 200 or 250. Even though I got 250 when I collected mine, they now show only being worth 200.

This all seems like a very weird set of bugs, and more like they decided to reduce the amounts for Live and accidently made the changes to Beta too, as @SoggyShorts was guessing.

Earwen1

Both of them show 200. But I am sure that the first has given 250 when I collected it. The second I have not reached there yet.

It is a set of bugs, that is what Marindor already wrote earlier.

SoggyShorts

It is a set of bugs, that is what Marindor already wrote earlier.
I mean somewhere there was a table like
"milestone 1" = 250
"milestone 2" = 250
Is it really "a bug" if someone goes in and changes the 250s to 200s?

Perhaps launching it into Beta rather than just live was accidental, along with the reduction in quest rewards, but I struggle to believe that it wasn't intended at all.

Pauly7

Perhaps launching it into Beta rather than just live was accidental, along with the reduction in quest rewards, but I struggle to believe that it wasn't intended at all.
Yeah, as you assume, I think. They realised that too many people were completing the set without spending so they thought they'd better make it tougher for Live, but then hit the 'go' button for the changes on Beta by accident.

Empress Dee

REALLY don't like the new event.
The prizes are blah at best, not a single good one to date. The only one that is even close is too gross to leave in the city (tongue).
The leagues thing looked good at first, but as time went on, and started falling further and further behind, becomes zero incentive to do anything extra. I've been timed-out for a week, and I watch folks (who presumably spend a lot of money) getting in front of me.
Combo of poor prizes, poor odds and exclusionary event leads to not really caring.

ayvinul

I'm caught up on daily quests (time-locked next quest).

I did choose the best chests for advancing the league, all throughout the event.

Yet here I am, with 267 keys, and only bronze level.

silver is at 283, gold at 320.

It is *impossible* to get to silver without being very lucky.

it is *imposible* to get to gold without paying.

This does suck big time.

shame on you Innogames!

I hate the league system

Enevhar Aldarion

I'm caught up on daily quests (time-locked next quest).

I did choose the best chests for advancing the league, all throughout the event.

Yet here I am, with 267 keys, and only bronze level.

silver is at 283, gold at 320.

It is *impossible* to get to silver without being very lucky.

it is *imposible* to get to gold without paying.

This does suck big time.

shame on you Innogames!

I hate the league system

As long as Bronze does not go higher than about 260, the amount needed to make a complete set, most players will not care too much. But that asks the question of how many players on a server usually complete 13 grand prizes in an event? If it is more than 20%, the Bronze Level, then more of the average players will feel cheated by Inno.

I think the percents should be expanded to 25 for Bronze, 10 for Silver, and 5 for Gold. After all, the way some people are talking about waiting until the final hour to spend their Knowledge, that 1% will be more like 5% anyway. Although the way the minimum for Gold keeps climbing, a non-spender, who does not get a lot of luck, waiting until the final hour will still not make Gold. And maybe not Silver either.

SoggyShorts

After all, the way some people are talking about waiting until the final hour to spend their Knowledge, that 1% will be more like 5% anyway.
Doubt it. Maybe 1.5%. Whales aren't whales because they spend strategically. They are whales because they don't care about money the same way other people do.
The players like myself who planned to wait so as not to screw over their fellow players aren't going to shell out that sort of cash.

ayvinul

As long as Bronze does not go higher than about 260, the amount needed to make a complete set, most players will not care too much. But that asks the question of how many players on a server usually complete 13 grand prizes in an event? If it is more than 20%, the Bronze Level, then more of the average players will feel cheated by Inno.

I think the percents should be expanded to 25 for Bronze, 10 for Silver, and 5 for Gold. After all, the way some people are talking about waiting until the final hour to spend their Knowledge, that 1% will be more like 5% anyway. Although the way the minimum for Gold keeps climbing, a non-spender, who does not get a lot of luck, waiting until the final hour will still not make Gold. And maybe not Silver either.
We'll know soon enough.

Any wagger ?

we should host a poll.

Specifically, people who didn't spend any real money,finished the event, sprang for the best chest for the league, which tear are you going to end up in ?

I'll admit gold is maybe special... but if we mostly end up in bronze instead of silver this sucks in a major way.

I'm doing this, bellwether-like. Seeing the writing on the wall, I have little hope to go from bronze to silver.

There are two interpretations:
- sheer luck -> this blows. It used to be that actually finishing an event would get you something
- spending actual money -> this blows even more. I mean, I get diamonds for extra buildings. This is acceptable, because with enough playing time and skill you do get diamond.

But that league rubbish ?? it's the *closest* ever we got to spending actual money = genuine advantage in the game.

I mean, look at the rewards. This is not FA-level rewards. Stuff you get from silver/gold tier is actually valuable.

Bottomline: please, Inno, review that stuff. this event "league" design really sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Doubt it. Maybe 1.5%
I doubt it's that many, judging by how many people seemed to have started spending right from the first few days.

I find it all a bit ridiculous. If you want to spend money to make sure you get a second Pilgrim's Manor then I get that, but why would you spend your money at any point before the last hour? The final stage is the only point where you can look at it and know how much you have to spend to do it. Anyone who's gone earlier is just spending money for the sake of it without giving any real thought to how it works. My guess is there is a big population of people who just don't get it. They think if they spend spend until it says they're in gold, then they will have that prize locked in. There may be a lot of angry players come next week.

In either case I don't think the Pilgrim's Manor is the good bit. Sure, an extra CC a day is nice, but it would actually be pretty tricky to connect two of them up to both have 5 connections. The best buildings are the three that give out T1. They give as much as a chapter level manu, but for free and have a really small size. They also only need two connections.

Enevhar Aldarion

I doubt it's that many, judging by how many people seemed to have started spending right from the first few days.

In my post he was replying to, I should have said I expect closer to 5% sneaking into Gold on the Live servers, where the players will know what is coming on which day, as usual. Here on Beta, I am not surprised it climbed high earlier because we do not know what is coming each day, so people will just go with what they want, whether that is on day 1 or 10 or 21. None of the dailies are so amazing that the people wanting Gold and two sets will be tempted to use their currency, and money, early. And there will be some who do it for the bragging rights of showing off the avatar that only the money spenders will be able to use.

SoggyShorts

I expect closer to 5% sneaking into Gold on the Live servers
Still no.
The main (logical) reason to get gold is to get either a second (or even a third) full set.
Doing so requires at least 10K currency even if you are the only player on your server. That's ~16,000 diamonds, and I doubt that hundreds of players per server are going to drop $120 in the final 59 minutes.

The other reason is bragging rights, and those players are likely going to set the bar long before the last hour.

Pauly7

Still no.
The main (logical) reason to get gold is to get either a second (or even a third) full set.
I don't think you can do it. You would have to fill the meter 15 extra times just to get the 5 buildings again that appeared as grand prizes as once you've completed the set you then need to fill it three more times just to get one duplicate piece. So you could perhaps do that with about 11k total currency... but what of the extra two pieces that were given as stage rewards? Do they now pop up in the extra grand prizes? Also, I'm not sure that the Pilgrim's Manor is going to appear a second time. You would imagine it would be the first duplicate piece, but it isn't, so I don't think they want you to get a second one unless you are in the gold 1% and if that's the case it may not come around to let you have a third set.

Enevhar Aldarion

I was looking closer at this set today and very little appeal for it.

In my Beta city that only ever got one complete Moonstone Library set, I am quite happy I put this set out for the extra CC.

Now, in my Live city, with 5 Library sets, I will have to think about it. If it gives pop even close to the same as residences that take up the same amount of space, I will likely put it out.

SoggyShorts

what of the extra two pieces that were given as stage rewards? Do they now pop up in the extra grand prizes?
To get 3 sets would require 38 grand prizes Plus gold so ~16K currency assuming average luck and no competition.
To get 2 sets would require 26 GP plus silver so ~11K currency minimum
or
To get 2 sets would require 24 GP plus Gold so ~10K currency
Also, I'm not sure that the Pilgrim's Manor is going to appear a second time.
Pilgrims manor is #26
Pilgrims plaza is GP # 7 and #34

Last edited: