• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament changes

Hapzim

My city here is small. I need magic dust to make combining catalyst. I've done 9 provinces and received 1 magic dust for each day. I think we were far better off before they changed it. The small cities need to make magic spells. How are we going to do this if the current set up continues?

DeletedUser3726

My city here is small. I need magic dust to make combining catalyst. I've done 9 provinces and received 1 magic dust for each day. I think we were far better off before they changed it. The small cities need to make magic spells. How are we going to do this if the current set up continues?
I hear ya. I think this system is 'supposed' to help by making it that you get your loaf of bread one slice at a time rather than all at once. Instead of waiting 8 weeks between chances to get md relics you'll now get some every week so long as you do 9 provinces. It's no magic cure but perhaps it's less awful?

Heymrdiedier

ooh i got another suggestion. Right now there are 4 recipes for pet food. 1 without relic costs and 1 of each T3 relic type.
Could we make those 3 T3 relics type change to your 3 bonus relics? That way, there is at least a very small use of the bonus relics we have too much of right now.

Enevhar Aldarion

ooh i got another suggestion. Right now there are 4 recipes for pet food. 1 without relic costs and 1 of each T3 relic type.
Could we make those 3 T3 relics type change to your 3 bonus relics? That way, there is at least a very small use of the bonus relics we have too much of right now.

All nine pet food relic recipes are still in the files from when we could have all of them to make. So while they could re-activate one each of tier 1 and tier 2, it might take them a little code writing to make only the boosted relic recipes show up. Actually, since this new system will potentially make it take longer for players to max their tier 2 and tier 3 boosts, why not just switch the recipes from the three tier 3 to the three tier 1. I am sure if we did a survey, all three tier 1 relics would greatly outnumber the other tiers for most players.

galrond

All nine pet food relic recipes are still in the files from when we could have all of them to make. So while they could re-activate one each of tier 1 and tier 2, it might take them a little code writing to make only the boosted relic recipes show up. Actually, since this new system will potentially make it take longer for players to max their tier 2 and tier 3 boosts, why not just switch the recipes from the three tier 3 to the three tier 1. I am sure if we did a survey, all three tier 1 relics would greatly outnumber the other tiers for most players.
After reading your post, I counted my relics:
Town 1 (Live) T1: 7654 T2: 5696 T3: 4801
Town 2 (Live) T1: 3005 T2: 2131 T3: 2277
Town 3 (Beta) T1: 1875 T2: 1309 T3: 1325

So it seems you´re right about the T1 relics greatly outnumbering T2 and T3.
But there´s a clear explaination in my case: I mostly produce MM-spells, and they don´t demand any T1
Almost ½ of my relics are for boosted goods.
In Town 1 the amount of each of the non-boosted good are almost the same, except for the 2 used for MM.
So the problem isn´t so much T1 vs. T2/T3, as it is boosted vs. non-boosted.
Back when there wasn´t any sentient and ascended goods, it made some sense to limit the demand for boosted relics. It don´t anymore o_O:mad:
So INNO when you´re at it with altering the recipies, please do the following:
- demand boosted relics in some recipies
- never demand 2 and 2 relics for a recipe. Demand 4 different relics.
That way more relics will be in demand, and there´ll be no "useless" relics. Win-win-win situation :cool:

ekarat

Im not sure about this change, I need more details.... :)

Does this mean in province 1 you get 1 A relic first fight, 1 A relic second fight, 1 A relic third round, 2 A relics fourth round, 2 A relics firth round, and 2 A relics in sixth round? meaning in total 9 A relics from 1 province? province 2 then you only get B relics, and province 3 you only get C relics?
In other words can you focus on certain provinces so you only do those that give you the relics you really want? or is it more like round 1 A relic, round 2 B relics, round 3 c relic?....

how exactly can you do the relic requirement change, if you just switch the requirements a bit around, that means nothing changes there, since most of us, constantly make the same spells all the time. Meaning we will just drain other relics from then on.
I can only see a way to make it good, if you can turn x relics of choice into some basic relicresource, and that those relicresources are then required for any of the spells.

That would be clever. A starting player can do all 6 rounds with the relic they need but not with every province. I hope this plan actually works in practice.

Last edited:

ekarat

This change would have benefitted me when I was starting out because:

1) I had to wait 7 weeks for my boost to cycle in.
2) There are opportunities for gaming the new system and getting more of one type of relic than other. The main downside would be if you previously just didn't play at all the other 6/9 weeks (which doesn't make much sense, given the other rewards like KP).

I am convinced that I would have been better off with this system than the one it is replacing.

edeba

This change would have benefitted me when I was starting out because:

1) I had to wait 7 weeks for my boost to cycle in.
2) There are opportunities for gaming the new system and getting more of one type of relic than other. The main downside would be if you previously just didn't play at all the other 6/9 weeks (which doesn't make much sense, given the other rewards like KP).

I am convinced that I would have been better off with this system than the one it is replacing.
Exactly. And if you get your boost early, you only have 1 or 2 provinces open so you can't do much the first cycle anyway.

What's shocking to me in the discussion is why you would only go 9 if you want the boost when the 10th province will give 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, and 5 for 22 relics.

I have marble, silk and gems, so say starting with the marble tournament I would get boosts on province 1, 6, 9, so if I did 10 provinces I'd get 2 marble, and if I wanted to push, I could go to 19 and get a 3rd, but I'd also get 2 provinces each of my other 2 boosts.

It gets interest for a silk tournament because I get one province each going just 5 provinces, so if I go 14 I get 2 provinces for each boost and if I go 23 provinces I get 3 provinces for each boost. For the gem boost I need to do 6 provinces to get one province for each boost.

It looks to me that there is also some strategy around getting extra relics for making spells. Overall it is more balanced in the use of relics, at least I no longer have overlapping relics for CC and MM, which for me was the dust tournament.

Pauly7

Hypothesis: One would have thought that these tournament trophies would have been published from the beginning so that teams know what they are working towards. The fact that they are not - could this be because the trophies are going to be based on a fellowship's score compared to other fellowships? i.e. the top 1% gets gold.

SoggyShorts

Hypothesis: One would have thought that these tournament trophies would have been published from the beginning so that teams know what they are working towards. The fact that they are not - could this be because the trophies are going to be based on a fellowship's score compared to other fellowships? i.e. the top 1% gets gold.
Interesting, but again publishing them only after it's over seems odd.
"Surprise, your FS got silver by being 5 points outside of gold!"

Pauly7

Interesting, but again publishing them only after it's over seems odd.
"Surprise, your FS got silver by being 5 points outside of gold!"
Yeah it doesn't really make sense whichever way you slice it, but I can't otherwise figure out why they would say "oooh, there's going to be tournament trophies from this week", but then give absolutely no information about what you have to do to get one.

azla

Disappointed at the change, I have a small city in Beta, was completely out of magic dust relics, only managed to get about 20. I had been conserving resources and troops to gather relics. Now I am going to have to over scout.

Yes I will get dust relics with each tournament but I cannot contribute that much to tournaments yet and now it will take longer.

guivou

with this change , i will have some trouble (and i am not alone i think) , because i need more dust relics than other and it won't be possible to win more of my required relics for cc
View attachment 9089
1622931667712.png

after the tournament , my number of dust relics did not increase much , i got plenty of boost relics not wanted

edeba

View attachment 9121

after the tournament , my number of dust relics did not increase much , i got plenty of boost relics not wanted
Not sure how many slots open on your MA, but assuming the maximum, you need 28 per week. So, you should get 9 from the first province, 27 from the 10th province, for a total of 36, which is enough for a week, but if you go to 19 provinces you would get another 27. You don't need to do all provinces to all levels, you could do just the first two levels to max kp, and then do province 19 to all levels. You could do this to build up relics as needed.

This simply requires different strategy.

Say your dust shows up in the 5th province, then it also shows up in the 14th. You get 17 from the 5th province, and 27 from the 14th, for 44, which is enough for the week and also builds up storage levels.

The biggest problem is not having enough provinces open, but that is a problem that happens to all small cities.

I don't remember what chapter I got to before I decided I could support having all 5 chests open in the MA, but that was also a consideration. It took a while to get enough provinces open and enough resources to support having all 5 slots open in the MA and the faster crafting speed.

ekarat

View attachment 9121

This is a great example of why the change is not a problem and works just fine.
You have more than enough to get through the next several tournaments, during which time you can earn more dust relics.

Sylvanas

explain how the Spire Fellowship trophy will work

From the icon of the trophy (Spire Crystal) and the fact that they got 12 of it, I would assume it is directly linked to the number of crystals the fellowship has unlocked. E.g. Gold Medal = 12, Silver Medal = 8, Bronze Medal = 4. And everything in between. Silver Medal with half way to Gold Medal would be 10 then.