• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament changes

Wowwie

Baffles the mind
my new players do not have Inno same concerns
but I guess it must be an issue somewhere

1622479060026.png

Can someone explain how this redistribution will work please?

Pauly7

Can someone explain how this redistribution will work please?
I'd like to know this too. Not much actual detail about anything is given. How do the KP prizes now work? What are the tournament trophies and what are the levels for winning them?

SoggyShorts

On top of all of the other concerns, this sounds like yet another way to make the game the exact same grind week after week.
  • The FA has been the exact same the last 4(?) times
  • The Event quests have been copy&paste all year
  • The spire hasn't changed since forever
  • now tournaments will basically be the exact same each week
I get that there is a certain amount of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" but even if a burger is tasty, I don't really want it for every meal...

sunrae

I was attracted to this game because it was about strategy. If you are making tournaments give all relics each week where is the strategy? No planning needed to acquire the necessary resources, just the same same same. Tournaments were something to enjoy planning for. Smaller cities in all my fs are helped with goods, (and battle advice), leading up to them so they can collect their needed relics. I've been in many fellowships over the last (nearly) 6 years and apart from a tiny minority that's what most fellowships do.
I do understand how slow the game is initially and there are a lot of abandoned villages but I don't see this change as a benefit to game play, it seems that it's just turning the tournaments into an acquisition exercise. Inno gives diamonds to new players, how about a simple start off with boosted relics? I will wait to see how it pans out but not liking what I'm reading at the moment.

Enevhar Aldarion

My MA works the same as it ever did. I have no trophies to view other than Spire.
Does anyone think anything through over at InnoGames?

This is still Monday. The changes do not start until tomorrow with the next tournament. So Beta should get an update between now and then to add/change all this stuff. That is still almost 24 hours for things to be updated before they are supposed to be in place.

Enevhar Aldarion

I was attracted to this game because it was about strategy. If you are making tournaments give all relics each week where is the strategy? No planning needed to acquire the necessary resources, just the same same same.

Once you have 500+ of every relic, the tournaments are all the same anyway and there is basically no difference in the 9 weeks. Just some are a little tougher to fight than others.

SoggyShorts

I was attracted to this game because it was about strategy. If you are making tournaments give all relics each week where is the strategy? No planning needed to acquire the necessary resources, just the same same same.
Exactly. It's similar to how events have gone where you basically complete them with normal play (which is what a vocal segment of the player base asked for) instead of actually having to disrupt "normal play" to accomplish something.

I'm stereotyping here, but this feels like yet another push towards the average mobile gamer: Move the game towards one where all that matters is logging in real quick while on the crapper reset buildings(with 1 tap) spend a few diamonds and log back out.
Planning, strategizing and looking ahead a couple of weeks isn't what most mobile games are about.

Heymrdiedier

Once you have 500+ of every relic, the tournaments are all the same anyway and there is basically no difference in the 9 weeks. Just some are a little tougher to fight than others.
this is true, and makes me sad. I miss having specific enemy setups for each tournament. It made me plan and organise my troops accordingly. now i just train the same units all the time and use the same tactics everywhere. Its a lot less entertaining tbh

guivou

to produce CC full time , need 252 relics 12 provinces 6 rounds , today it's 1 week out of 3 , tomorrow every weeks (with lot of relics for nothing) , no possible to prepare some boost for special weeks , it will be harder for medium citiies and for small cities it will be more difficult to help them having maximum boost

Jammin

I just want to know one thing, if we play dust tournament tomorrow is a gem relic in the second province, a marble in the third, then steel, wood and so on ... we still play in each province against the original enemy troops in the area of the original dust tournament? ... (no matter which relic)
Or do we have, for example in a province with gems relics, the opponents and terrain from the gems tournament, with marble relics the opponents and terrain from the marble tournament etc ...?
If so, then we are once again being sold an alleged improvement under the wrong flag.

As a rule, when INNO says that they improve something, it means for us, with our shiny asses sitting on a cactus.

Karvest

As for evening relics costs - I hope boosted standard goods relics would finally be needed for enchantments.
Sad, but boosted relics are still useless after you get 700%...
Overall: No spell should share costs with combining catalysts.
Power of Provision: Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 1
Ensorcelled Endowment: Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 1
Magical Manufacturing: Good Quality 3 Boosted plus 2 -> Good Quality 3 Boosted plus 1
Inspired Meditation: Good Quality 2 Boosted plus 1 -> Good Quality 1 Boosted plus 1

Burger Meister Meister

I do not like this change as described.
As @guivou has described my relic supplies are not evenly balanced either, in fact mine are more out of balance.
I am down to under 65 dust relics and have over 800 of each of the other relics.
My plan was to build up and save my troops and resources for the Dust tournament and then make a big push while only lightly participating in the tournaments in-between.

Where is the strategy and selection if all tournaments are the same?
This was to be my opportunity to rebuild my Dust relic inventory.
Sorry, but this change sucks really badly.

If your concern is really about making this easier then why not let us chose which relics we receive?

Enevhar Aldarion

I just want to know one thing, if we play dust tournament tomorrow is a gem relic in the second province, a marble in the third, then steel, wood and so on ... we still play in each province against the original enemy troops in the area of the original dust tournament? ... (no matter which relic)
Or do we have, for example in a province with gems relics, the opponents and terrain from the gems tournament, with marble relics the opponents and terrain from the marble tournament etc ...?
If so, then we are once again being sold an alleged improvement under the wrong flag.

As a rule, when INNO says that they improve something, it means for us, with our shiny asses sitting on a cactus.

According to our CM on the US forum, the goods needed to cater and troops needed to fight will not change, regardless of the relic the province gives.

edeba

I don't understand this comment. I seems like every tourney will give the same number of each type of relic as every other tourney as long as you do the same number of provs and rounds. I don't mean you will get the same number of each type of relics in a tourney.
Dust tournament is generally harder and averages less provinces being done.

edeba

I think it is problematic that they made this change for the dust tournament because it is the hardest and I think that players that need dust relics the most are all probably lower in them then say a player who needs gem or elixir relics, but it will work out over time, and it should actually be better because your relic needs will no longer be tied to a harder tournament so you should get more on the easier tournaments.

And then that week that they decided to just skip a tournament was a dust tournament and there wasn't any thought that they'd cut the relics from the hardest tournament that was the most likely to have the least storage levels.

I do not like this change as described.
As @guivou has described my relic supplies are not evenly balanced either, in fact mine are more out of balance.
I am down to under 65 dust relics and have over 800 of each of the other relics.
My plan was to build up and save my troops and resources for the Dust tournament and then make a big push while only lightly participating in the tournaments in-between.

Where is the strategy and selection if all tournaments are the same?
This was to be my opportunity to rebuild my Dust relic inventory.
Sorry, but this change sucks really badly.

If your concern is really about making this easier then why not let us chose which relics we receive?

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts Be carefull what you wish for. Do you want other rewards to take the same road as event rewards?
What do you mean? It's too late: the FA rewards have always sucked, the Event rewards are usually pretty lame, and in 6 weeks after the bears are done in the spire, I won't even be interested in those rewards... I guess the KP from tournaments is still good, but it doesn't exactly blow my hair back.
I want all things to be more challenging with greater rewards, exactly the opposite of the current trend.