• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament changes

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement of a few upcoming tournament changes here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Damon13s

That rolling around relic change, it will make it harder from now on players at first chapters to raise up the relics of their boosted goods. Till now we're expecting the tournament of the specific relic type to max out as possible 'd be the boosted relics, now we gonna get one of each in a rolling way... which will make much longer the time for us to get our boosted relics up.

MstrBengals

This won't work with the relics. I have a city, no magic dust relics which I need in the MA. I have 9 provinces. I will get one of each type of relic instead of being able to get the relics I need. If I play my normal 5 rounds, I will have only 5 provinces that give me dust relics instead of 45 provinces. How does this help? The same with boosting my goods.... It will take a long long time to get my boosts up. This is not a good idea!

filiander

I have to agree to @Damon13s and @MstrBengals . I cant find a situation, where rolling relics are better, than the fix tournament relics.
This change is totally unnessacary and uninteresting for me, because I have all relics to boost my goods fully, but it is totally bad for

And the second thing are, the units we have to fight with, since the last change of tournament the heavy and light ranged units were needed more than the other units over the whole circle of tournaments. Will the units roll to in the tournament, so that the units will differ more than now?
To the other changes there is not much to say, before trying them.

Last edited:

Uffauffa

... which will make much longer the time for us to get our boosted relics up.
NINE time longer, against the will of encouraging new players.
I hope they will make a change in the amount of the relics collecting per province. At least for the relics of the tournament ”on air”. Next is powder, so for the powder province at least starting from 10.

little bee

I have really mixed feelings about the rolling relics. Shure, for new players it means being less dependent on the exact timing the right tournaments. But it also means that we can not choose to go all out on a specific tournament whose relics we need. I usually build more boosters for my tier3+2 tournament becouse I need these relicts more than any other.

It also blurres the line between the different tournaments even more than the random enemies already do. I think each tournament should have its own character. And yes, I know that each time the enemies appear with different frequencies, but you have to fight a lot of provinces to even notice. And with these new changes, will negotiators see any difference at all anymore?

Making relict spending in the MA more even sounds good, but could still be problematic. Because even as late game cities want to even out their relics, small cities want to max their boosted goods as fast as possible. These different priorities could be hard to combine.

edeba

I disagree with the comments so far. It will change the saving resources to go harder in a boosted tournament, but when you can get all relics every week, you only need enough for a week at a time to keep the MA going. It will also even out the growth of the boost for newer cities, again instead of going harder in a boosted tournament, if you get all relics every tournament you increase your boost at 1/9th the rate every week instead of a big jump in the 9th week. It actually may be better because it is cheaper in resources to try and add one extra province each week than 9 in a "boost" week.

And then changing which relics the spells needs to make the use of relics more even also sounds like a good idea. Certainly with the way it is set up if you can't player stronger for the tournament that uses the most relics currently, your MA capacity is messed up for up to 9 weeks, and this way you can correct every week.

But, it seems with the changes it does disconnect from the name of the tournament, as marble provinces gave marble relics and now with what's been described, they will give a bit of everything.

little bee

I disagree with the comments so far. It will change the saving resources to go harder in a boosted tournament, but when you can get all relics every week, you only need enough for a week at a time to keep the MA going. It will also even out the growth of the boost for newer cities, again instead of going harder in a boosted tournament, if you get all relics every tournament you increase your boost at 1/9th the rate every week instead of a big jump in the 9th week. It actually may be better because it is cheaper in resources to try and add one extra province each week than 9 in a "boost" week.
You are assuming that everyone does at least 9 provinces per week. This is simply not true, especially in early chapters. In particular, doing 9 provinces per tournament requires having at least 9 provinces per tournament. Without overscouting this would not be the case until around chapter 6.

Karvest

If they wont change number of relics in rewards, even with 9 provinces available, dust tournament would give less dust relics than any other (except FS rewards, if they won't change).
As for evening relics costs - I hope boosted standard goods relics would finally be needed for enchantments.

Yogi Dave

I think the rolling relics will work fine since you won't have to wait 9 weeks before you can get the ones you want. It will only appear slower if the ones you want are coming up the next week. Even if you can't yet do 9 provs, the next week starts one relic later, so will begin getting the ones you want.

I do have a question for @Marindor. Does the 2nd round start with the same relic? I'd be nice if that round starts with the next relic too. That would take care of the problem of newer players not being able to do 9 provs.

Heymrdiedier

Im not sure about this change, I need more details.... :)

Does this mean in province 1 you get 1 A relic first fight, 1 A relic second fight, 1 A relic third round, 2 A relics fourth round, 2 A relics firth round, and 2 A relics in sixth round? meaning in total 9 A relics from 1 province? province 2 then you only get B relics, and province 3 you only get C relics?
In other words can you focus on certain provinces so you only do those that give you the relics you really want? or is it more like round 1 A relic, round 2 B relics, round 3 c relic?....

how exactly can you do the relic requirement change, if you just switch the requirements a bit around, that means nothing changes there, since most of us, constantly make the same spells all the time. Meaning we will just drain other relics from then on.
I can only see a way to make it good, if you can turn x relics of choice into some basic relicresource, and that those relicresources are then required for any of the spells.

Yogi Dave

If they wont change number of relics in rewards, even with 9 provinces available, dust tournament would give less dust relics than any other
I don't understand this comment. I seems like every tourney will give the same number of each type of relic as every other tourney as long as you do the same number of provs and rounds. I don't mean you will get the same number of each type of relics in a tourney.

Heymrdiedier

I don't understand this comment. I seems like every tourney will give the same number of each type of relic as every other tourney as long as you do the same number of provs and rounds. I don't mean you will get the same number of each type of relics in a tourney.
province 1 gives 9 relics, and the amount of relics you get each province increases untill, prov 10 where you get 27, and from then on its the same amount for each province: 27

if you get all relics in 1 tournament, that means you only get dust during dust week, in province 1 10 19 28, .....
so since that 1st province gives the least amount of relics, that means that week you get the least amount of relics from dust..

So you get a lot less then the week before. but imo it doesnt matter that much, since you shouldnt be focussing on 1 week anymore if you want your boost high. You should just do every week.

I do have a question for @Marindor. Does the 2nd round start with the same relic? I'd be nice if that round starts with the next relic too. That would take care of the problem of newer players not being able to do 9 provs.

Since there are only 6 rounds and not 9, id think that might imbalance the amount of relics you get greatly. So i rather not have it like that.
The thing is in the new setup, you can work on making your 3 boosts higher, all 3 at the same time

Heymrdiedier

NINE time longer, against the will of encouraging new players.
I hope they will make a change in the amount of the relics collecting per province. At least for the relics of the tournament ”on air”. Next is powder, so for the powder province at least starting from 10.
not 9 times harder. you need relics of 3 types to get your boosts up, if your lucky that means you need 5 tournaments (if you have planks and elixir as boost, or silk and marble, or gems and crystal) in old setup, but for most people its evenly distributed, so they need about 9 weeks for all 3 boosts. In the new setup, you should get the same amount of relics in 9 weeks, only now you cant skip weeks because you dont need the relics, so you cant train up untis, and save extra resources, to go full on, on your bonus weeks.

So it will get harder, since now you need to work 9 weeks instead of 3, but defintly not 9 times as hard. (while this change is intended to make it easier...)

Karvest

I guess this change has nothing to do with making life of newbies easier under the hood (despite of announcement, as usual), it looks like a measure against their tournament formula fault, which makes it possible to have very cheap high score tourneys (2/3 of them) if you can manage low relics boost. Probably there are enough of such cities already leveled to notice them.

Droopy

Tournament Trophies - While these were already visible here on Beta, we are now officially introducing them. They don't really have a direct impact on the game play, but are nice to have as 'bragging rights'.
I didn't see this at beta or do i not know where to look?

eltina

In our FS:
the small towns take many tournament provinces in the 3 weeks they have boost.
In this boost week We help them with goods so they can take as many provinces as possible.
Sentient boost is first from chapter 12, so then they will get 500 relics themselves without our help.

Today 15 province and 6 star = 315 relics.
The 2nd boosted week (9 weeks later) then they have 500 relics.

I'm not sure the new tournament will give the small towns the 500 relics for their boost just as quickly.

Lelanya

I have to agree with @Droopy, the only trophies I see, are the Spire trophies.
Now InnoG has added +2 boosts, and altered tournament rewards with no notice at all so how are late stage players supposed to get enough relics to run their new factories?
If this experiment is meant to benefit new players - some of whom are not allowed to join Fellowship in order to tourney, why can't it apply to chapter 1 and 2 only?

Ludwig12

Relic Rewards - Instead of only getting relics from the specific tournament type.
Yes, that's exactly what I need.
A marble tournament is a marble relic tournament, a steel tournament is a steel relic tournament and so on ...
I can use my combat boosters exactly where I need them and do not have to worry about any relics that are superfluous for me.
For me, it's not about boosted goods at all; but about the relics that I need in the academy.
Leave the relics in the tournaments as they are now.

Jaxom

I have to agree with @Droopy, the only trophies I see, are the Spire trophies.
Now InnoG has added +2 boosts, and altered tournament rewards with no notice at all so how are late stage players supposed to get enough relics to run their new factories?
If this experiment is meant to benefit new players - some of whom are not allowed to join Fellowship in order to tourney, why can't it apply to chapter 1 and 2 only?
Writing code to limit something to just the first few chapters might be impossible for the developers. After all they have never figured out how to make event tasks relevant to chapters. Late game players still have to produce T1 goods for events even though their focus is on Sentient and now Ascended goods.
Don't expect them to do anything complicated. The change will apply to everyone, for better or for worse.