• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

aliceFalling

Let me reverse this question.
Not normal is checking in once every week for an hour, harvesting, fooling around a bit. That is taking it very easy.
Not normal is cheking in every day several times for the 3 hour production, plus top of the spire, plus more then say 7500 points in the tournament and that in several cities. That is taking it very serious.

So, in my opinion, normal is checking in once or twice a day, harvesting your stuff, a few steps in the spire and/or a round in the tournament 10 provinces. This is very doable in every chapter except for chapters 1, 2 en 3 which are the 'learning how to play' chapters.
By playing this game this way you are also able to pick up stuff for the events because that is mainly down to the order in which you pick up your stuff that gives you points to move forwards. Then you win some usefull small prices and you are in for a few bigger ones.

And for your information (I feel this question coming next): no I don't play normal. I have three cities (Embassy, Wizard and Fairy) and they are all in a 10 chest ambitious FS. But I also am a mage (Embassy) and I guide our smaller players (from level 5/6) into this way of playing because that's how my FS live is playing the game and they all deliver because they know from the start what they are getting themselves into.
thanks for the explanation. well we have a slightly different idea of normal, as i imagined. for me 'normal' is checking in 3 or 4 times a week.

i have nothing against 10-chest fs, it's just another way of playing, not mine

i also have several cities, though i don't know what that's got to do with anything. my biggest Live is only in the Constructs but that's how i like to play

Karvest

If you check in 3 or 4 times a week, you won't go that far to get quest #36 in chapter 1 anyway.

Aeva

Aren't we done with arguments for arguments sake yet?
Resume: It is obvious that chapter 1, 2 en 3 are not going to make it to the end of the eventquests. And that is not a problem at all, because they are in a steep learning curve anyway. Therefor the question about alternative quests for those players is unnecessary.

Back to topic (sorcerers homecoming). Here are some opinions:
* I do not feel the name amateur is offensive, but on second thought it might feel a bit odd
* The league is a nice addition to the events
* You can easily win the whole set if you complete all the quests, which is a good thing
* You can complete all the quests without to much luck or spending any diamonds or money
* I like the set because it looks good, to be honest I do not even know what it will get me
* Can't wait till it comes live...

Lovec Krys

@Lovec Krys i am saying that the idea of 'having to' concentrate on getting to the end of a chapter as quickly as possible as opposed to enjoying the journey, however a player likes it, is not the way people (or elves) should be forced to play if they want to have a chance at an event. that was never how the game started out to be... that sounds more like a FoE-style gameplay. another category.
We are talking about ch1 specificaly (at least i am).
How can you enjoy tournament with 1 or 2 provinces? And if you have the new test research tree, then you don't even have any tournament at all before you enter ch2.
By my opinion it is best to go to ch2 as fast as possible, and don't go slow on ch2 too, so you can unlock Spire in ch3 (the sooner the better).
Of course i do not care how long anyone else stays in ch1, but i don't consider it wise to stay there for too long.

Does anyone else feel as a seasoned player the league name amateur is offensive?
No. And people shouldn't be so easily offended, otherwise it's just a matter of time, until we won't be able to talk at all, since someone will be offended by anything we might say.

Enevhar Aldarion

What is normal? Daily players are normal, both for this game and almost every other free-to-play game. This is more true now than when I started over 4 years ago because of the mobile app. I would say a typical player logs in at least twice a day to do the 9-hour productions, probably in the morning before work/school and in the evening in between dinner and bedtime.

Arthus

Aren't we done with arguments for arguments sake yet?
Resume: It is obvious that chapter 1, 2 en 3 are not going to make it to the end of the eventquests. And that is not a problem at all, because they are in a steep learning curve anyway. Therefor the question about alternative quests for those players is unnecessary.

Back to topic (sorcerers homecoming). Here are some opinions:
* I do not feel the name amateur is offensive, but on second thought it might feel a bit odd
* The league is a nice addition to the events
* You can easily win the whole set if you complete all the quests, which is a good thing
* You can complete all the quests without to much luck or spending any diamonds or money
* I like the set because it looks good, to be honest I do not even know what it will get me
* Can't wait till it comes live...

No you can't easily win if you complete all quests.
With best chests chosen, all quests done and picking up currency from the ground, you are on the edge of getting final 7th part of set.
All after getting 600+ currency from chests.
You are likely to get 7th part, but not by a large margin.
If you're terribly unlucky you may fail. Last 7th part should be from quest number rewards instead of main rewards.
Year ago final reward was 6th part.

Aeva

But you do not choose the 'best' chest if you want to go for the set. If you want the set you choose the most economic chest. The one in which each staff costs the least. So if 18 pops up, that's the one to go for regardless what other small prices are in it.

I am now at the 'one quest per day'. I did only win extra currency once (200). I have already placed 6 pieces of the set and I am now 2/20 for the last piece. Since the daily quest plus the free daily currency plus what I pick up around my city is more then 2 staffs a day, I should be fine, probably even have a bit spare currency at the end of the event.
I do not play with diamonds and as little as possible with timeboosters (can use them better elsewhere).

You only fail if you try to go for the daily's and/or the price you like best in the chests. You cannot have it both ways. If someone actually can I would like to know how.

Earwen1

full set sorcerers-gold league.png
full set sorcerers.png

I have not used diamonds or Euro.
I only take the chests with the highest chance to get extra Sorcerers Knowledgepoints.
And I did get extra SKP many times (lost count actually...)

That is how.

The Fairy

Maybe this info from helya (Community manager on the US forum) can help? It is all from this thread:

Similar to the way the daily gift is happening (slow roll out to test functionality blah, blah, blah) There is an updated research tree that includes research requirements for different things such an visits and Fellowships. Players with these researches also have different quests, some designed to make them more successful and less frustrated in the early chapters.

We've found that players that join a Fellowship right away (not players making a second account, but actual new players) do better if they wait until they've figured out a little bit more of the game before founding or joining a Fellowship. The goal, obviously, is player retention.

Usually, when new players join a Fellowship, they join one with other chapter 1 players, of which many stop playing right away, and then they end up in a dead Fellowship not realizing they can leave and find a more active one, or not being aware that a totally inactive Fellowship is not the norm.

The entire entry into Elvenar has been revamped with this change, including adding time boosts early and some other things. Chapter 1 is fast for 99% of the players. Very fast. And it's working, so it's likely to stick around.

Arthus

View attachment 9070 View attachment 9071
I have not used diamonds or Euro.
I only take the chests with the highest chance to get extra Sorcerers Knowledgepoints.
And I did get extra SKP many times (lost count actually...)

That is how.

So you've had a lot of bonus currency -> congratulations, you will be rewarded additionally for being lucky.
Others using same tactics as you are ~30 points behind gold league.
1622321258649.png

More for the rich and less for the poor... #StrategyGame

Last edited:

Earwen1

That - exactly - was my point earlier on in this discussion.
It is just luck to win, not pay to win.

I would have appreciated it if efford would be rewarded better than luck.
For example by adding extra quests.

To make maybe a strange comparison. In the Fellowship Adventures we always end with the pits and players can drop badges as long as they wish. That is fun! Exciting!
With this league thingy, this sort of end-game of the event would be way more fun, and much more rewarding that just this.... luck.

Pauly7

The league really does just need to be ignored. The current threshold for gold level is created by diamond spenders, luck or no luck, and we haven't even got to the latter stages.

So, that being ignored, then it's fine. The target of completing the set is still perfectly achievable, even if not guaranteed. It's a decent balance.

alexgreat

I think leagues and trophies are great little ideas. First, they provide an extra kick or an extra bonus for people to push a little harder to get greater reward. Second, they reinforce features already popular with players.

Of course, it would be great to see brand new game features the developers can offer to us in the future to replace FA.

Lovec Krys

1622347628922.png

Did you fail the gold league?
Don't be mad, come join the bronze league.
We are better party than silver & gold anyway. :)

Earwen1

Of course: Innogames is not a charity organisation, so if they can have a profit, they will.

On the hind side: the differences between the prices - bronze, silver and gold - is not that much impressive. Set parts that are easily collected on the way, a few KP and RR. And a profile pic that at least half of us doesn't want anyway :p.
If peeps feel the need to pay cash for that: be my guest.