• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

aliceFalling

To enter ch2, you need to:
Use 176 KPs
Clean 10 provinces.

You get 10KPs from the start and 80 for cleaning 10 provinces, so that leaves 86KPs or less than 4 days to gather enough KPs to enter ch2.

So unless someone mess up with goods production (having too low manufactories for example) or deliberately stays in ch1 (realy not sure why), there is no reason why someone should stay in ch1 for more than 1 week.
why the rush?

aliceFalling

@aliceFalling That's not rushing. That's standard speed.
Rushing would be to make it in 3 or less days.
@Lovec Krys I'm not sure that's standard speed, i mean what is 'standard' for you? playing every day for how long? after all, your fellowship is a 10-chester and your fellows obviously play on those lines. 'mine' isn't. if it so happens that we (once a month maybe) get 10 chests we have a virtual party! lol. our newbies play when they can, not necessarily every day. you and i have different types of players in our make up, so please believe me when i say that a chapter one player is not choosing to stay in chapter 1 for whatever strange reason you suggest they do, but is playing as and when thay can without turning it into a competition. that's why we are here and not in FoE. 4 days for us is short.

Last edited:

aliceFalling

...and just to be perfectly clear, while i was trying to make a helpful suggestion for an alternative to the very off-putting quest asking for kp to be donated exclusively to an AW (why not just 'spend 15kp'?), i'd like to point out that our 'newbie' (who is new only to beta by the way, not the game) is actually in chapter 2, but from the start of chapter 2 to the part in the tech-tree for an AW you need, and i quote my newbie " It takes 250 kp from the start of chapter 2 till you get AW, not to mention the amount of coins and goods to get there." so i can only imagine how off-putting it is for a completely new player still in chapter 1! :oops:

Karvest

This quest is #36, fresh new ch1 city would go there for a long time, which is enough to climb to AW tech (a week at max, without taking into account quests like "buy KP" and relics/tourney/spire encounters on top of 10 provinces required for entering ch2).

aliceFalling

This quest is #36, fresh new ch1 city would go there for a long time, which is enough to climb to AW tech (a week at max, without taking into account quests like "buy KP" and relics/tourney/spire encounters on top of 10 provinces required for entering ch2).
then the tech tree in chapter 2 to get there!

Lelanya

Has anyone seen @MinMax Gamer lately?

I am wondering if anyone has done a current analysis on best beacons to open for overall progress or did everyone just get distracted by the whole League feature.

Lovec Krys

@aliceFalling You need to log 3 times a day to not miss a single KP. Even if you log once per day, it shouldn't take you much more than one week to complete ch1.

Anyway i do agree, that some quests can be realy hard for low chapter cities (especialy quests like buy KP with low production of goods and low MH cap for coins).
And any quest of investing KP into wonders should have an alternative (best just spend KP).

On the other hand, if an event doesn't provides a game changer (Fire phoenix, brown bear), it shouldn't matter if a ch1 or ch2 city finishes the event, for their small cities, getting few pure culture buildings is enough to help them for another one or two chapters.
Anything else than pure culture or good pop/cult is just a waste of space for them.
That's especialy true for cities i have seen them having many not maxed several chapters old evo buildings - such cities are highly inefficient and hard to even play.

Pauly7

And where do they "dish out" time instants for the Chapter 1 players? In the Spire ... oh wait ... can't do the Spire in Chapter 1. In the Magic Academy? Try getting those relics to start cranking out time instants in Chapter 1.
No, I'm not talking about those places. Time instants are fairly plentiful.
You are looking at Chapter 1 from the perspective of "been there done that."
No I'm not. I've gone through chapter 1 twice in the last 6 months. Both times I was fairly amazed how quick it now is. It doesn't need to take longer than a few days. Certainly plenty of time to get done and still have time for the event quests, if you started the game on the day it started. It's so much faster than it was when I started playing where there wasn't any such thing as a time instant. If I was talking about it from the perspective of someone who hadn't done it for a long time then I would think it would take much longer. Maybe that's how you're viewing it?

maxiqbert

No, I'm not talking about those places. Time instants are fairly plentiful.
no they are not
only places for time instants now are spire and MA

and 4 days to finish chapter 1 is clearly no rush, not even close.
the "maxiqbert challenge" I used to give to newbies is 1 day for chapter 1, 1 week for chapter 2, meaning they get to the spire after a week and 1 day, which is what matters to the FS.

Pauly7

That's not strictly true because you can get some from storyline quest rewards. I haven't got exact examples, but I'm sure quite a few are given out in chapter 1.

Anyway, that's not the point because even without them chapter 1 is fast. I'll still maintain that it's a tutorial level. Any chapter 1 event won buildings will be outdated in days so I would always advise any new player to gallop through the first chapter so that you can get chapter 2 buildings instead. If you started the game on the same day as an event starts I think there would even be some merit in saying don't bother to play the event at all until you get to the second chapter.

TomatoeHu

where's the Spire Ranking we asked for? Leagues be a whole extra thing that should have been spire related first, we don't even get a tab in the Fellowship window, its a huge part of the game and here we are developing leagues. Just another unfinished addition we must wait 3 years for? C'mon and finish what you start before giving us new half baked ideas that aren't thought all the way through please ♥

Spire needs a rank tab for fellowship ranking and for individuals wanting to see their progress. if you need a design idea, use the one we got for tournaments and FA. Then add a League Ranking page. Copy, paste. Thank you !

Lelanya

no they are not

and 4 days to finish chapter 1 is clearly no rush, not even close.
the "maxiqbert challenge" I used to give to newbies is 1 day for chapter 1, 1 week for chapter 2, meaning they get to the spire after a week and 1 day, which is what matters to the FS.
Gotta agree with Pauly. New players are offered time instants as rewards for storyline quests.

Aeva

Most of us agree that chapter 1 and chapter 2 are easy peasy and manageble in the time the event takes.
And given the way this game and the events are made: waiting till chapter 2 before trying to get some staffs and/or stuff or buildings sounds good because the later in the event stuff is won, the better it is because they get more for their 'money'. And everything they win is a big bonus for new players anyway.
The wining about the poor newbies is not necessary given their tiny city and therefor it's impossible anyway to place more then a very few eventbuildings.

aliceFalling

that week includes those techs in ch2
Most of us agree that chapter 1 and chapter 2 are easy peasy and manageble in the time the event takes.
And given the way this game and the events are made: waiting till chapter 2 before trying to get some staffs and/or stuff or buildings sounds good because the later in the event stuff is won, the better it is because they get more for their 'money'. And everything they win is a big bonus for new players anyway.
The wining about the poor newbies is not necessary given their tiny city and therefor it's impossible anyway to place more then a very few eventbuildings.
nobody is whining. every chapter is easy in comparison to the next.

aliceFalling

That's not strictly true because you can get some from storyline quest rewards. I haven't got exact examples, but I'm sure quite a few are given out in chapter 1.

Anyway, that's not the point because even without them chapter 1 is fast. I'll still maintain that it's a tutorial level. Any chapter 1 event won buildings will be outdated in days so I would always advise any new player to gallop through the first chapter so that you can get chapter 2 buildings instead. If you started the game on the same day as an event starts I think there would even be some merit in saying don't bother to play the event at all until you get to the second chapter.
why? because galloping /getting through the chapters asap us the only way to play? i think not.