• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

DeletedUser3726

No. If you have to reseach fellowship tech, you are unable do to anything about fellowships: neither joining (no matter if by invite or application) nor founding.
When I joined last month (or maybe March) I had one fellowship available to me immediately. Once I had unlocked the fellowship tech I was able to choose a fellowship. I'm not sure if this is how it works for everyone.

DeletedUser3726

hi. sorry to change the subject a bit but has the quest that asks for donations to an AW been fixed yet? we have someone in the first chapter with no AW and this quest, without an either/or, is impossible in the time given.
W
hi. sorry to change the subject a bit but has the quest that asks for donations to an AW been fixed yet? we have someone in the first chapter with no AW and this quest, without an either/or, is impossible in the time given.
The ability to donate to AW is unlocked early ch 2. The solution is to simply keep playing.

aliceFalling

W

The ability to donate to AW is unlocked early ch 2. The solution is to simply keep playing.
sorry but i don't see that as a solution. i mean, on those terms why don't we ask everyone to donate sentient goods...so what if they aren't in the right chapter? 'just keep playing' is not a reasonable answer.

FieryArien

sorry but i don't see that as a solution. i mean, on those terms why don't we ask everyone to donate sentient goods...so what if they aren't in the right chapter? 'just keep playing' is not a reasonable answer.
The events last what? 3 weeks? 4 weeks? If someone stays that long in the first chapter, it’s a choice, not game design. And choices have consequences.

DeletedUser3726

The event is designed to be playable from ch 1 and it is if players are willing to continue to progress through the tech tree as normal.
Any tech in the way is very easily completed.
These are quests, not giveaways. Some effort is required.

aliceFalling

The event is designed to be playable from ch 1 and it is if players are willing to continue to progress through the tech tree as normal.
[/QUOTEi find your response extremely unhelpful.

aliceFalling

and clearly this event has been designed to be played from chapter 2, not 1.

Enevhar Aldarion

Events are always optional and if a player chooses to stay at a point in the game that prevents them from completing something, that is their doing, not Inno's. I started my Beta city on the 4th day of an event. I still completed all the quests because I finished chapter 1 as quickly as I could.

aliceFalling

well, i'm not new to the game and i can tell you that this doesn't usually happen. that you Enevhar rushed through some chapters and you Eudaemonia, have rushed through chapter 1 so quickly, all i can say is well done if that's how you like to play. but i think the game can also be savoured and to rush through a chapter like it's nothing is not how the game was designed...unless it's changed. anyway, thanks for your fresh view on things and let's see what some players who've been here a bit longer think, shall we?

Pauly7

yes, karvest, there are but i still believe that an event should be possible from chapter 1. don't you?
I believe in not rushing through the game and taking time to build as you go, but there's not a lot of point in hanging around in chapter 1. It serves pretty much as the tutorial level. The way they dish out all the time instants, etc, now, you can get through it in a couple of days.

To put this in perspective, is it better or worse asking a player to get through that 1st chapter to complete a quest, or suggesting to an end game player that they should scout a province when they have 100 hour scout times?

aliceFalling

I believe in not rushing through the game and taking time to build as you go, but there's not a lot of point in hanging around in chapter 1. It serves pretty much as the tutorial level. The way they dish out all the time instants, etc, now, you can get through it in a couple of days.

To put this in perspective, is it better or worse asking a player to get through that 1st chapter to complete a quest, or suggesting to an end game player that they should scout a province when they have 100 hour scout times?
i see no comparison. obviously neither are good. however i have a chapter 1 player in our fs and she plays 'normally' and quite frankly i don't see why she has to get to chapter 2 to keep playing. she's not hanging, just playing. i understand that a 10-chest fs might not be able to comprehend this way of playing but aren't we being just a wee bit over-prescriptive here?

Marjade

I don't like this league thing.
I don't think this league is fair.
the numbers constantly going up and my fellow players can only just keep up the amateur league.
They are unable to come to the next, or are just in and thrown out because the numbers are increasing again

Earwen1

For end-gamers it takes 'forever' to scout a province, while for a beginner it takes 2 days to produce 2 CC's in the Academy (as no Spire available yet). And there are many examples.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-05-28T07-31-55.966Z.png

It is really an improvement that we can choose the quests now, that suit best with the chapter.

Another option could be, that we have to finish 2 out of 4, or 3 out of 4 even.
Still a challenge, but more flexible when it comes to chapters and all that.

Maillie

The way they dish out all the time instants, etc, now, you can get through it in a couple of days.
And where do they "dish out" time instants for the Chapter 1 players? In the Spire ... oh wait ... can't do the Spire in Chapter 1. In the Magic Academy? Try getting those relics to start cranking out time instants in Chapter 1. Sorry, but I'm afraid that answer doesn't make any sense. You are looking at Chapter 1 from the perspective of "been there done that." The new players don't. Everyone thinks that the chapters before theirs is easy and the chapters after theirs would be much easier than their own. That's not how the game is designed.

Lovec Krys

To enter ch2, you need to:
Use 176 KPs
Clean 10 provinces.

You get 10KPs from the start and 80 for cleaning 10 provinces, so that leaves 86KPs or less than 4 days to gather enough KPs to enter ch2.

So unless someone mess up with goods production (having too low manufactories for example) or deliberately stays in ch1 (realy not sure why), there is no reason why someone should stay in ch1 for more than 1 week.