• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface [Forwarded] Ability to turn off gold icons till building is full

DeletedUser236

A big no to option #1, because I want to be able to collect the coins whenever I want and not just when it's finished..

I would prefer option #4 so players can choose if they want to keep the coin icons or not (you can combine this with smaller coin icons when the player chooses to keep the icons on (#3)) :D

DeletedUser

It was true so far and it seems to be also in the future, that you can collect coins only if the coin icons are shown. Therefor I agree with Acamax, that option #1 limits the ability of players to collect coins by far too much.

Changing the size of the icons doesn't solve the problem in my opinion.

So it should be a solution like option #2 or #4, they seem to be quite similar to me. What I would favor is, that the user can set the coin icon behaviour, for example in the options menu. There should at least exist the options
- show coin icons after 5 minutes producing
- show coin icons 1 hour before production completion
- show coin icons, when production is completed
Players could use the latter option for example to temporarily enable coin collection and view a residence for upgrade data.

Edit: enable should read disable of course

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser867

• Option 1: The coin icons only appear when the residence's maximum capacity is reached.
We should clarify that with Option 1, similar to all of the other options, we'd STILL be able to collect coins BEFORE the end of the cycle. We're just talking about when the reminder icon pops up.

I would actually prefer to eliminate the current delay, so long as we don't get an instant icon. Even if you do accidently collect coins before the end of the cycle it just means that you'll have a bit longer before that house stalls out, so you haven't lost anything.

If somebody wants to collect coins early they can easily drag over their own houses and, most of the time, I'll just go ahead and collect coins when I have to collect goods or supplies anyway, so I'll probably never see a coin which is just fine with me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser58

Option #4 or #3 for me please. I do not at all like option #1 and I think option #2 seems too complicated.

DeletedUser205

#3 (smaller and no animation please)

#4 (only if collection is possible in sequences as now)

I'm against every solution which cancels the collection sequences as they are now

DeletedUser317

Really i never have a problem with coins icon, but if i need to choose one, it be option 4, because some times i need small amount of coins, others a big pile and so on, so if people got problems with them hide, if are like me show them :).

DeletedUser

Thank you to Catwijk for his clarification, he pointed out that with option #1 you would STILL be able to collect money at ANY time.

DeletedUser236

Thank you to Catwijk for his clarification, he pointed out that with option #1 you would STILL be able to collect money at ANY time.

If you look at the other icons in the game; they appear when you can collect your resources. It's therefor likely to assume that you won't be able to collect your coins when there isn't a coin icon..

DeletedUser43

Both Katwijk and Acamax are right. Option 1 would only affect the display of the coin icons. The ability to gather coins wouldn't be changed. However, it's counter-intuitive to collect coins when there are no coin icons. :)

DeletedUser

Option 2 or 4 for me, but with option 4 only the animation will be gone, but you can still accidentally collect coins, only your city will look nicer without all those icons.

DeletedUser

I think option 2 would be best and would likely satisfy the most people since you'd be setting it to go off after a certain amount of time you could also have an option so that it only appears when full as well as after a certain amount of time.

DeletedUser

Absolutely! No one looses anything and everybody can adjust that at will. I have no problem with the system now, but an option to change the appearing would be fine (after 1 or 2 hours for me, please). Or in "percent" not in "hours".
I think option #2 seems too complicated.
Phantom, you will open the options menu one time! Adjust the amount of hours,
and close the menu for the rest of your life. I think you can handle this.

If not, I will help you. :)

DeletedUser58

Phantom, you will open the options menu one time! Adjust the amount of hours,
and close the menu for the rest of your life. I think you can handle this.

If not, I will help you. :)
I didn't mean too complicated to use lol. I meant too complicated for implementation compared to the rest of the options/ideas. You'd still need the existing or a default system till a user sets a preference, you'd need the various preferences coded in, and you'd need the interface for choosing the preference designed and coded. On top of that with option #2 I somehow see future requests along the lines of "well there's a timer of 1 hour but I need one for 45 minutes that I can use on my work break."

DeletedUser43

Thanks for all the replies! I've gathered all your preferences. It looks like option 3 and 4 are generally preferred. I've forwarded all four options, with the note that option 3 and 4 got the most support of the replying players. :)

DeletedUser

I think the player should have a choice of options they can choose.

DeletedUser

Well, I have a different idea about coin collection.

Workshops and factories give us a better deal if we collect more often, right?

Why not do the same for residences?

Residences could accumulate gold faster in the first minutes/hours of their cycle than in the their subsequent hours.

This way, collecting coins faster would actually be worth it. And it would justly reward those who are spending more time in the game.