• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Artifact Fragments

Pauly7

Even these devs could not find a 'bad' way to short my spell fragments. If I could burn/delete them I would. They will NOT stop coming in the Spire.
Oh ye of little faith.

We've seen it happen with other resources. A few years ago a lot of people "complained" how they always had too many coins and there was no way to get rid of them. People used to be positively angry if they were given a coin rain as an event prize. Then things happened. They developed parts of the game to make coins a much more valuable commodity. I think I would now go so far as to say that the majority of players welcome a coin rain or two, or the ability to increase their output.

That's just an example. It's not just a possibility - it's an inevitability that at some point in the future something will be changed or added which makes spell fragments an important resource in much shorter supply. The more people that bring it up the more that process is accelerated.

I'm not saying the change will be a bad thing. It's good for all in-game resources to be relevant. It is coming, though, and I say it's better to be quietly accumulating as many of them as possible before it hits.

Enevhar Aldarion

and a nice avatar from final boss and similar FS rewards

Yes, but think of the chaos if they did this with the Fellowship Adventure. Add a special avatar for each of the top 10 places, or top 3. I am worried this avatar from the event was only a test for adding them in more places in the game.

CrazyWizard

Oh ye of little faith.

We've seen it happen with other resources. A few years ago a lot of people "complained" how they always had too many coins and there was no way to get rid of them. People used to be positively angry if they were given a coin rain as an event prize. Then things happened. They developed parts of the game to make coins a much more valuable commodity. I think I would now go so far as to say that the majority of players welcome a coin rain or two, or the ability to increase their output.

That's just an example. It's not just a possibility - it's an inevitability that at some point in the future something will be changed or added which makes spell fragments an important resource in much shorter supply. The more people that bring it up the more that process is accelerated.

I'm not saying the change will be a bad thing. It's good for all in-game resources to be relevant. It is coming, though, and I say it's better to be quietly accumulating as many of them as possible before it hits.

I hope not,
I noticed Jaxom has no moonstone set, this means if he would craft a little more he would be short on spellfragfments soon enough.

If spellfragments would be made more important, new players would be screwed as they have no way to get enough of those now the moonstone set has been limited to max 1

Pauly7

If spellfragments would be made more important, new players would be screwed as they have no way to get enough of those now the moonstone set has been limited to max 1
The simple answer (if and when it does happen) is that they will be downgrading the usefulness of the MA for crafting. Players would just need to look out for the one or two things they want the most and not craft indiscriminately.

Enevhar Aldarion

I noticed Jaxom has no moonstone set, this means if he would craft a little more he would be short on spell fragments soon enough.

Depending on chapter, and tournament participation, many players probably have hundreds, or some of you, thousands, of useless enchantments to disenchant when fragments get low. I remember doing that when crafting first came to Live, so I was never low on fragments. I also did not hoard buildings I would never use and destroyed them for the fragments too.

SoggyShorts

Yes, but think of the chaos if they did this with the Fellowship Adventure. Add a special avatar for each of the top 10 places, or top 3. I am worried this avatar from the event was only a test for adding them in more places in the game.
Worried? I'm a little excited about the possibility. Beats the snot out of the current FA non-prizes and is certainly more interesting than picking which instant to blow your event currency on. YMMV.

Jackluyt

Even these devs could not find a 'bad' way to short my spell fragments. If I could burn/delete them I would. They will NOT stop coming in the Spire.

I used to feel exactly the same - but now my MA is working overtime in the FA's, I actually run out of Spell Fragments in all my cities!!
:)

little bee

The simple answer (if and when it does happen) is that they will be downgrading the usefulness of the MA for crafting. Players would just need to look out for the one or two things they want the most and not craft indiscriminately.
That would be a perfecly acceptable solution, if it affected everyone equally. The problem is that it only affects new players and those who didn't build muliple libraries. And what makes it especially unfair, is the fact that the multiple libraries are polluting the market with scrolls etc.

I would absolutely support a system that lets you get old artifacts of your choice and coverts unneeded arfifacts (in particular leftover artifacts after the building is already stage 10) into needed artifacts. I can see that artifact fragments could be a good basis for such a system. But I absolutely do not think that large amounts of CCs or spell fragments should be involved in this system. We want the libraries to get deleted, not to get more valuable.

Karvest

We don't want libraries to get deleted, we just want them to produce T2 boost+N instead of scrolls.

CrazyWizard

We I want the libraries to get deleted, not to get more valuable.
corrected,

Deletion is never an option, once you destroy a persons town people quit.
The first time they adjusted pop/culture buildings many people quick because they got a negative pop number. in the end we all got a free magic residence to compensate but many already left.

Your's is even more radical, you want to destroy a city's population, culture and goods production in 1 fell sweep.
if someone lost 20K population all his t2 production and half his culture reserve (or equivalent depending where they are in game) you expect them to say thank you and spends weeks/months to reajust/rebuild there city? thats 1 player lost forever.

that ain't gonna happen ever.

Pauly7

That would be a perfecly acceptable solution, if it affected everyone equally. The problem is that it only affects new players and those who didn't build muliple libraries. And what makes it especially unfair, is the fact that the multiple libraries are polluting the market with scrolls etc.
Which just highlights what a fubar the whole Library Set situation is. They need to be removed, or fixed properly. They've made a change which doesn't particularly help anyone, but makes things worse for some people.

Inno are not keen on removing buildings, for reasons that @CrazyWizard says, but sometimes it would just be the best overall option. The other example of this is the Fire Phoenix. They released that building and almost immediately regretted it because it's way too powerful. They're too worried about upsetting people by removing it, so instead they just present lots of opportunities so that every single person can get it. The result is that the Fire Phoenix has become a lot more pointless because everyone is on that same playing field. Everyone, that is, except for the newest players.

So aside from those unlucky ones, everyone else gets to have the building so its effect is cancelled out. Had they just owned their mistake and deleted it then we'd all be still on the same level playing field, but without a few people discluded and without everyone having to use all their pet foods on them all the time.

OK, so it's not all about comparison of power to other players, but the Fire Phoenix was probably one big reason why they made tournaments more difficult in higher provinces, so they're manipulating it so people can get roughly the same scores as they got without it. Ultimately we'd be better off without it.

One problem with removing it is dealing with the issue that some people may have spent money to get it in the first place, but then you have that same problem by now giving it to everyone else for free. Following the original event they then sold (or tried to sell) the Fire Phoenix to people for £75. I can imagine anyone who took up that offer now being more than a little upset that they subsequently flooded the game with opportunities to get it for free.

CrazyWizard

Which just highlights what a fubar the whole Library Set situation is. They need to be removed, or fixed properly. They've made a change which doesn't particularly help anyone, but makes things worse for some people.

Inno are not keen on removing buildings, for reasons that @CrazyWizard says, but sometimes it would just be the best overall option. The other example of this is the Fire Phoenix. They released that building and almost immediately regretted it because it's way too powerful. They're too worried about upsetting people by removing it, so instead they just present lots of opportunities so that every single person can get it. The result is that the Fire Phoenix has become a lot more pointless because everyone is on that same playing field. Everyone, that is, except for the newest players.

99.99% of the players do not play for the highscrore/ranking
And everyone who did care already had one.

Fire Phoenix is powerfull indeed, and it allows the other 99.99% to have an easier tournament and therefore more KP, spells, runes ect.
There are 2 options, either you limit the phoenix and make sure everyone can aquire one over time or release a crapton of powerfull pets to overwhelm the amount of petfood you can get.

Both ways work.

Moonstone set was a disaster in making and so blatantly obvious that I still wonder why no action was taken while we warned way before any problem could arise.
I would really consider that one a fubar, I mean if you get 10 red stoplights and you still crash into the intersection? how is that even possible.

The current solution I hope it's a stopgap, I have no idea why it took them so long even when they saidm yes guys you where all correct it still took them ages to come up with a stop gap measure. I mean I heared they recognised the issue a year ago, the publicly annouced it in the second half of last year and it took them to this year to limit moonstone set to 1 per player.

Even to goverment standards that is slowwwwwwwwwwww. and they know what slow is :)

Pauly7

Fire Phoenix is powerfull indeed, and it allows the other 99.99% to have an easier tournament and therefore more KP, spells, runes ect.
Granted, but I went onto explain that they made it harder to get big tournament scores because of the advantage people were getting. So, with no Fire Phoenix, no tournament changes and the saving on pet food - we'd all be better off without it.

CrazyWizard

Granted, but I went onto explain that they made it harder to get big tournament scores because of the advantage people were getting. So, with no Fire Phoenix, no tournament changes and the saving on pet food - we'd all be better off without it.

I would not point that at the fire phoenix ook without the phoenix we would have done unlimited provinces.
Multiple bears was also not the issue

But when the spire arrived those bears became insanely powerfull, the combination multiple bears + spire timebooster is what made us went unlimited. 1 extra combat building would have solved the phoenix issue.

PaNonymeB

I would not point that at the fire phoenix ook without the phoenix we would have done unlimited provinces.
Multiple bears was also not the issue

But when the spire arrived those bears became insanely powerfull, the combination multiple bears + spire timebooster is what made us went unlimited. 1 extra combat building would have solved the phoenix issue.
This ! The spire actually broke the balance everywhere :
  • Dwarven Armorers, along with other combat building from Crafting (that has been made easy by... the Spire) were so strong that people could do crazy scores in tournaments with near no losses. After the tournament rework, they're now mandatory to go far in tournaments but they are awarded based on... luck (and then they added Phoenix artifacts in the Spire of Luck).
  • The libraries of course, we all know what problems it created and now the disparities between those who could get several in the Spire and new players who can't.
  • Time boosters that are much more useful on barracks than on factories, which combined to the temporary fighting boosters made fighing much more powerful than catering (although it has been rebalanced a bit with new tournaments).
  • And finally something I don't see mentioned often - Portal Profits. They gave an overabundance of them in the Spire, and thus then released chapters where capped settlement goods are not the limitating factor. As a result, these instants got from very powerful to useless.

SoggyShorts

The mystical object is one that would have to be nerfed then for me. I'd guess that more than 70% of what I craft is already stuff I don't want, but I do it just for the free diamonds.

CrazyWizard

The mystical object is one that would have to be nerfed then for me. I'd guess that more than 70% of what I craft is already stuff I don't want, but I do it just for the free diamonds.

I only craft what I want on my main.
Thats enough to keep myself busy

little bee

Deletion is never an option, once you destroy a persons town people quit.

I said I want the libraries to get deleted, not that I want INNO to do the deleting. What they should do is give each of us a good reason to voluntarily delete these destructive sets ourselves. That means INNO should try to come up with ways to make the libraries less valuable and hope that many players will consider the massive cost in RRs too prohibitive to upgrade the sets. But increasing the amount of spellfragments and/or CCs needed for crafting is definitetivly a step in the wrong direction.