• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

TomatoeHu

My FS on Ceravyn, only 14 players played and we took the flag on all three maps. our largest city has placed their chapter 10 portal. This was our first ever taking the third map flag. This was a great FA, and i am looking forward to the next one with these badges, except the bracelets. These are still ridiculous amounts of T1 for players who use the required amount to advance and minimal catering with maximum auto-fight.

Earwen1

I did a bit of exploring for competition FA level and it really does confirm my position that going from 5 to 10 workshops for farms was a mistake. Taking the BS from 5 to 2 workshops and putting the farmers back a 5 would reduce this, and subbing out one or two of these badges for a t2/3 badge, or a t2 and a t3 badge

[picture]
And, as predicted, there's a bunch of t1 for the bracelets that aren't finished leveling, but these are in addition to 6-7 that are fully leveled that aren't included in this picture.
[picture]
[picture]
[picture]
Agree with this.

If you were lucky enough to play in between Chapters, it was easy enough to fill all of the city with workshops and level 1 factories.
But for most of us, it was more like stuffing workshops in all of the small holes and that was never enough to make any amount of badges close to what was asked for.
Linke this:
Earwen1 at ArendylNL-Firefox_Screenshot_2020-11-25T07-31-41.jpg

edeba

I started surveying my FS for what badges they had left last night, only 6 responses, but does give an idea and also supports what I'm saying about balancing for the FA.
brew 1 - total 1
carpenter 1 - total 1
farmer 1 - total 1
BS 1 - total 1
bracelet 5 4 15 15 1 - total 40
necklace 20 - total 20
statues 5 - total 5
witch hat 19 9 19 7 35 - total 89
druid staff 14 21 2 28 2 - total 65
wonder society 3 6 46 57 - total 112
guard 50 81 65 63 85 126 - total 470
coin 13 25 37 19 26 17 - total 139
residue 1 - total 1
elemental marbles 30 23 9 9 7 100 - total 178
tiara 11 9 9 5 1 - total 35
ghost 39 29 20 3 6 61 - total 158

We went for what I'd call a medium effort and we struggled with all of the badges that require you to tear down your city. Going from 5 to 10 workshops on farmers was not a good idea. Taking the blacksmith down to 2 or 3 workshops would have been a far better idea.

We had people increasing their recipes to their limit so even though the "swap out land badges" are somewhat balanced we had about half in the middle of chapters so they did not make space for the level 1 badges and did not want to make space.

The reduction for the bracelet worked out fairly well, but I think even another 5-10% less would be better.

So, overall suggestions for improvement:
  1. Swap out one of the land badges from t2/t3 (a workshop badge) (or two of them and have one badge each for t2 and t3, one from WS and one from)
  2. Make AW goods from chests because of AW count towards bracelets (that land should count towards the FA).
  3. Make purchase of goods with coin or supplies from wholesaler count for bracelets.
  4. Change the farmer back to 5 workshops
  5. Change the blacksmith to 2 or 3 workshops.
  6. Reduce the requirement for residue to one recipe or 3 vision vaper (which is almost 1 recipe)
Putting in T2-T3 badges would increase the demand for land for the big manufacturers at the same time reduce the demand for level 1 WS and manufacturers, but the demand for the big manufacturers would be higher than the land use for any other badge so I think reducing the WS for farmer/smith is really important. I'd maybe just take out the farmer and make the BS 2 workshops, or the carpenter and make the farmer 5 WS again and make the other goods badge a combination of t2/t3. I kind of like the planning aspect for how to make sure you have a supply of longer term badges, and they fit better into people's lives.

Aeva

My FS live (NL1 server) had an excellent FSA. We came in third, had a great time though it was a bit chaotic in the end.
We did all three maps all three routes and ended up in the pits on sunday.
In the end we had enough arcane residue and bracelets, because we all were aware those would be difficult. But we ended up making several statues from scratch in the last minutes to secure our third place. Since we are a great FS that was no issue at all.

SoggyShorts

If you were lucky enough to play in between Chapters, it was easy enough to fill all of the city with workshops and level 1 factories.
But for most of us, it was more like stuffing workshops in all of the small holes and that was never enough to make any amount of badges close to what was asked for.
I'm not convinced that we even should get rid of the level 1 building farms.
If you do, then that basically gives all of the advantages to players (and fellowships) who are all at the end and have filled their city with factories etc.
Every single player progressing through the chapters and who is keeping a significant space open for settlement buildings would get significantly nerfed.
Make purchase of goods with coin or supplies from wholesaler count for bracelets.
This idea sounded good to me at first, but doesn't it pretty significantly favor end game players with level 30 BTGs?

Lovec Krys

@edeba One more suggestion from me:
Replace Brewery with Baker - nobody likes to do 5 min workshops over and over - especialy after playing this game for years.
You need 50! of them, so either have 50 ws farm (or bigger) or click repeteably with your main workshops (just imagine the fun of clicking your 5 workshops every 5 min for almost an hour just to get one badge).

edeba

I'm not convinced that we even should get rid of the level 1 building farms.
If you do, then that basically gives all of the advantages to players (and fellowships) who are all at the end and have filled their city with factories etc.
Every single player progressing through the chapters and who is keeping a significant space open for settlement buildings would get significantly nerfed.

This idea sounded good to me at first, but doesn't it pretty significantly favor end game players with level 30 BTGs?
It is a pretty moot point if a FS is only interested in getting through the FA, but when you get to competition level, if that is what you are interested in, then you gear you city for that. I currently have 269 empty squares that were used for stupid level 1 buildings, and I described that as a medium level of competition. We came in 11th and the team that won was in the range of double our score.

Right now, with the FA design, and because the tournament has become a total resource sink, well, 269 squares for silly FA buildings is quite a bit of space, and badges that required giving up land resources is where were we were stressed. I think one less of those badges and badges that use t2/t3 really would balance better, and already the one day workshop badges use 3x the resources as the 1 day t1 manufacturer badges. If you go to 2 x 24hour workshops for a blacksmith then they use about the same resources as a statue, but still more than necklaces. And farmers at 5 workshops x 9 hours is similar resources as blacksmiths at 2x 24 hours.

And then using coin for goods through the trader has a KP opportunity cost that is increasing with the more goods you try to purchase through the trader. The wholesaler is a way you can make goods and those goods should be counted in the bracelets.

galrond

I started surveying my FS for what badges they had left last night, only 6 responses, but does give an idea and also supports what I'm saying about balancing for the FA.
brew 1 - total 1
carpenter 1 - total 1
farmer 1 - total 1
BS 1 - total 1
bracelet 5 4 15 15 1 - total 40
necklace 20 - total 20
statues 5 - total 5
witch hat 19 9 19 7 35 - total 89
druid staff 14 21 2 28 2 - total 65
wonder society 3 6 46 57 - total 112
guard 50 81 65 63 85 126 - total 470
coin 13 25 37 19 26 17 - total 139
residue 1 - total 1
elemental marbles 30 23 9 9 7 100 - total 178
tiara 11 9 9 5 1 - total 35
ghost 39 29 20 3 6 61 - total 158
Ty @edeba for making the counting of badges.
I didn´t make a survey in my FS(s), so I can only "talk for myself"
My cities had 2 residue/10 bracelets, and 6 residue/10 bracelets left at the end of FA.
Maybe I could have made a little more residue, but bracelets was maxed (without time boost, but with MM).
I didn´t count the other badges, but I had few workshop/factory badges, and lots of the other ones.
My FS live (NL1 server) had an excellent FSA. We came in third, had a great time though it was a bit chaotic in the end.
We did all three maps all three routes and ended up in the pits on sunday.
In the end we had enough arcane residue and bracelets, because we all were aware those would be difficult. But we ended up making several statues from scratch in the last minutes to secure our third place. Since we are a great FS that was no issue at all.
Sounds a bit like my maincity FS, exept we didn´t make the statues, and droped a few places to 14-15.
@edeba One more suggestion from me:
Replace Brewery with Baker - nobody likes to do 5 min workshops over and over - especialy after playing this game for years.
You need 50! of them, so either have 50 ws farm (or bigger) or click repeteably with your main workshops (just imagine the fun of clicking your 5 workshops every 5 min for almost an hour just to get one badge).
I totally disagree. You can make lots of other things (both IRL and ingame), while you wait for the next "harvest/order".
Being "forced" to login precisely once an hour to harvest/order, would be a REAL annoyance to me :eek:
That doesn´t mean, that they couldn´t reduce the demand to say 30 :cool:
The reduction for the bracelet worked out fairly well, but I think even another 5-10% less would be better.

So, overall suggestions for improvement:
  1. Swap out one of the land badges from t2/t3 (a workshop badge) (or two of them and have one badge each for t2 and t3, one from WS and one from)
  2. Make AW goods from chests because of AW count towards bracelets (that land should count towards the FA).
  3. Make purchase of goods with coin or supplies from wholesaler count for bracelets.
  4. Change the farmer back to 5 workshops
  5. Change the blacksmith to 2 or 3 workshops.
  6. Reduce the requirement for residue to one recipe or 3 vision vaper (which is almost 1 recipe)
Putting in T2-T3 badges would increase the demand for land for the big manufacturers at the same time reduce the demand for level 1 WS and manufacturers, but the demand for the big manufacturers would be higher than the land use for any other badge so I think reducing the WS for farmer/smith is really important. I'd maybe just take out the farmer and make the BS 2 workshops, or the carpenter and make the farmer 5 WS again and make the other goods badge a combination of t2/t3. I kind of like the planning aspect for how to make sure you have a supply of longer term badges, and they fit better into people's lives.
I totally agree, that the reduction for bracelet was good, but another 5-10% reduction would bring it almost home.
I think T2 and T3 should count as well. Ofc the demand should reflect it.
I agree, that goods from AW/chests should count for bracelets (same as coins from GA/NH counting for moneybags).
I disagree, that goods purchased should count for bracelets. I don´t think "coin rain" should count for badges either.
I don´t like the idea of "one recipe=one residue", but support lower VV requirements. 5-6 would be a good demand IMO.
I would like INNO to drop the farmer badge, and replace it with XXX supplies in line with goods, coins, etc.
If they don`t, they should reduce the demand back to 5 as @edeba says.
They could reduce the demand for smith, to make it more in line with statues/necklesses. But I think the other things are more urgent ;)

Hexy Agogo

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement of our latest addition to the game here: Fellowship Adventures! We are of course very curious for your feedback so please let us know what you think about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
This is a consensus opinion from my fellowship in the en1 server.

We really enjoyed the last Fellowship Adventure. Thank you.

The arcane residue badge from our perspective needs modification.

The issues that need improvement are:

• Vision Vapors need to be stored then claimed
  • The algorithm needs to create 2.9 arcane residue badges when an item is crafted that produced 29 Vision vapors.
The major reason the changes should be planned as their implementation will increase the participation rate of the majority of the players of your game in the next Fellowship Adventure.

Deleted User - 86059

Hi Guys can I just repeat yet again. Here at Beta we do not pass any feedback to your Live Server teams so you need to pass that feedback on to your relevant Live Servers and let them know exactly how you feel about all things Live there.
The feedback threads here are relevant only to our Server. Thank you in advance for your cooperation ;)

Hexy Agogo

Hi Scoobydoo, please send me a link to the en1 server so I can repost the feedback. I'm new to these forums and unfamiliar with the organisational structure and followed a link from your help dept. Apparently my fault as I gave the info to help from the wrong server.

Verde

There was discussion at some point as to whether it really was necessary for a fellowship member to actually place a badge in order to get the reward for a stage. Although that was the original concept, there was conjecture that this may have changed at some point.
Was anyone able to confirm or deny this?

SoggyShorts

There was discussion at some point as to whether it really was necessary for a fellowship member to actually place a badge in order to get the reward for a stage. Although that was the original concept, there was conjecture that this may have changed at some point.
Was anyone able to confirm or deny this?
It was confirmed that you must still place a badge.

Morganma1

Hey folks! ;) Any ideas when we might be looking at the next FA considering we are nearing the conclusion of the winter event?
Curious Morgan ♡

Enevhar Aldarion

Hey folks! ;) Any ideas when we might be looking at the next FA considering we are nearing the conclusion of the winter event?
Curious Morgan ♡

Hopefully not til after the first of the year. Otherwise it will be running during Christmas week and that will not be fun for a lot of players.