• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

SoggyShorts

Idk, people saying that it stopped giving fun to them, maybe too difficult quests for too small prizes like 1 relic?
Again, it is VERY important to separate the quests from the event format when giving the developers feedback.
Asking them to scrap the advent board style events will do nothing to change the quests.
The same goes for the Misty Forest event. If the quests were too hard or the prizes too rare then that has nothing to do with the style of event.

As for the boxes having too small of a prize, that's just a matter of perspective.
Remember when tournaments had 4 encounters? What was the reward for doing the first 3 encounters?
Absolutely nothing.
Did people complain about that? No, because they understood that the 4th encounter would give them the rewards.

The same goes for this event- I wanted the daily prize, so I clicked and opened ~80 boxes.
I got 12 daily buildings and 68... I have no idea what those other 68 boxes were because they don't matter.
Every box I opened that wasn't a daily building could have been empty, but instead, inno gave me some little consolation "booby" prize, which is fine- you don't win a super prize on every spin in any event.

Would it really be better to make the boxes cost 5x as much and improve the prizes by 5x? Instead, they spread the prizes out across 16 boxes and make them super cheap at 25 a piece.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1953

Again, it is VERY important to separate the quests from the event format when giving the developers feedback.
Asking them to scrap the advent board style events will do nothing to change the quests.
The same goes for the Misty Forest event. If the quests were too hard or the prizes too rare then that has nothing to do with the style of event.

As for the boxes having too small of a prize, that's just a matter of perspective.
Remember when tournaments had 4 encounters? What was the reward for doing the first 3 encounters?
Absolutely nothing.
Did people complain about that? No, because they understood that the 4th encounter would give them the rewards.

The same goes for this event- I wanted the daily prize, so I clicked and opened ~80 boxes.
I got 12 daily buildings and 68... I have no idea what those other 68 boxes were because they don't matter.
Every box I opened that wasn't a daily building could have been empty, but instead, inno gave me some little consolation "booby" prize, which is fine- you don't win a super prize on every spin in any event.

Would it really be better to make the boxes cost 5x as much and improve the prizes by 5x? Instead, they spread the prizes out across 16 boxes and make them super cheap at 25 a piece.
Yes, we can see relic as spam .... and do you like spam ?

ZodiBeta

"Research 1 technology or upgrade 2 buildings to level 6 or higher" is an insane task when researching a tech (chapter15+) takes a couple of weeks and regular buildings are maxed (tech to upgrade not yet reached) or one needed expansion for upgraded building footprint changes, requires more than 10 provinces, each taking 2 days to open (out of time boosters and not enough diamonds for a premium expansion). There's no getting past this one. Inno is just setting players up to fail if they don't spend real $!
With the lack-luster evolving building, I will not be recommending my live f/s play this event. With all the recent changes to events and FA's, I no longer see this game as fun, am thinking about choosing to no longer play events, and definitely am not playing with the same enthusiasm I once had.

I thought joining Beta and giving feedback would help the dev's understand the impact their changes make on players, but I've seen more than once, players concerns being ignored and/or not being addressed in a meaningful way. Getting the same complaints in the live world following a Beta FA/event is evidence. (eg: if you really wanted to reduce the amount of clicks you'd change the regular revolving task advisors to a drop down menu instead of using that as a reason for revamping the tourneys, the # of tasks requiring catalysts, repeating tasks, fighting instead of resolving, etc.) This creates an atmosphere of distrust, and player dissatisfaction.

The world is suffering with a pandemic, gaming is supposed to be a fun way to pass the time. There's nothing fun about not being able to advance in a game because the game is designed to slow payers down and/or prevent them from completing tasks.

Elle

View attachment 8274
Why fight? Why not solve encounter?
Some players might have everything dark red (unfightable) on map (not only because of overscouting!) or not enough army and no pet to use pet food.

To add to this...
The number of encounters to win/fight added to the the number of relics needed .. which seems to be every 2-4 quests, is TOO much. My Beta city is very small, and I will have to tap out on this event. Each quest can take days to complete, and this will put the city out of balance with too many provinces completed within a chapter. If this rolls into production, then my largest city (embassies), would also stall out. This is due to the 70+ hour time to scout a province.
If the relics requirement falls during a tourney helps, but... again, the fight/negotiate/relics often-ness stops a person dead on smaller cities since there are not enough tourney provinces available.

CrazyWizard

Absolutely nothing.

Remember when we had 8 encounters for ech tournament province ;)
btw you did get something some tournament points, for example round one was 5/5/5/5 (10 for completion) = 30 total.

but thats nitpicking ;)

correction: it was 6/6/6/12=30 I think.

Last edited:

Karvest

"Research 1 technology or upgrade 2 buildings to level 6 or higher" is an insane task when researching a tech (chapter15+) takes a couple of weeks and regular buildings are maxed (tech to upgrade not yet reached) or one needed expansion for upgraded building footprint changes, requires more than 10 provinces, each taking 2 days to open (out of time boosters and not enough diamonds for a premium expansion). There's no getting past this one. Inno is just setting players up to fail if they don't spend real $!
You can always build 2 small factories and upgrade them during event. Or upgrade some small event buildings like those from library set.
The number of encounters to win/fight added to the the number of relics needed .. which seems to be every 2-4 quests, is TOO much. My Beta city is very small, and I will have to tap out on this event. Each quest can take days to complete, and this will put the city out of balance with too many provinces completed within a chapter. If this rolls into production, then my largest city (embassies), would also stall out. This is due to the 70+ hour time to scout a province.
If you are too small to have not enough tourney provinces for relics/encounter quests, you can't put your city out of balance by doing openworld provinces for half of those quests (you will switch chapters faster). If you are a bit bigger (chapter 7-8) - you can go through quest line without even touching openworld provinces and waiting for scout times, as all such quests have alternatives that are easy enough.

Lovec Krys

Second pop/cult/mana hybrid. Will there be a good cult/mana hybrid or will my beta city mana production just continue to run on 2 chapters old Burning Pools?
(I don't count Owl, since it can replace only one of the Pools for a short period of time (until next Pool comes and replaces owl)).

edit: corrected typo (pop/mana>cult/mana)

Last edited:

FieryArien

Second pop/cult/mana hybrid. Will there be a good pop/mana hybrid or will my beta city mana production just continue to run on 2 chapters old Burning Pools?
Can’t agree more. (I’d just like to correct the obvious typo pop/mana hybrid to cult/mana.) My Elementals live city is struggling with mana and it seems this will be the second event in a row that doesn’t have good mana producing building. :-(

For seeds we have great Festival Merchant in magic academy, but for mana is that sadly not true - the short max production time is crippling the Mana Sawmill output.

SoggyShorts

this will be the second event in a row that doesn’t have good mana producing building.
Have you really looked at the Candy Cane Factory?
It seems quite decent to me:

Your residence gives you 6800 pop (340 per square) But needs 2 roads, so 309 pop per square.
Candy Cane Factory gives 1530 pop
1530/309 = 4.95 squares of value.

Candy Cany is 3x3 = 9 squares minus the 4.95 sq of pop value = 4.05 sq but needs 1.5 roads = 5.55
483 mana per hour / 5.55sq = 87 mana per tile per hour

The best non-set mana building in the game (Mana hut) gives 86 per tile per hour (4 tiles +1 road) and a burning pool gives 80

@Lovec Krys the numbers look similar for you too in chapter 17 with the Mana Hut at 89 and CCF at 85 and your 2 chapter old pool gives 78, so this would be a 9% increase for you and 3.6% better than a chapter 17 burning pool.

Note: The Candy cane Factory drops in value if you have 100% Magical Residences, but neither of you has that so it is fair to compare with residences that you could replace.

Last edited:

FieryArien

Have you really looked at the Candy Cane Factory?
It seems quite decent to me: (...)
Interesting view. And in the age of teleport (for those to-be-replaced residences) it might even be acceptable temporary solution to my Elementals city problem. I won’t be happy about it, as I strongly prefer single-purpose buildings to multi-purpose buildings, but the situation there is getting desperate in my eyes. And if I cross the last few technologies using mana from Dragon Abbey (and few PP spells), the CC Factory will have Amuni stats.

PS: My favorite mana building is Lava Egg. Decent output, 48 hours collection and early collect at 24 hours. Just perfect in my eyes. ;-)

SoggyShorts

And if I cross the last few technologies using mana from Dragon Abbey
I remember having 200+ days of EE on my mountain troll from doing that =)
it might even be acceptable temporary solution to my Elementals city
For elementals, the CCF comes in at 42 Mana Per Square, Mana hut at 41, and lava egg at 37 :) and those savory food markets are coming in at 22:oops:

I basically get all of my mana from sets with a few ancient mana huts (3-5 chapters old) that I've just never gotten around to deleting or teleporting.

Lovec Krys

@SoggyShorts I'm not interested in mana/pop/cult hybrids. If I go after mana, I want mana buildings with max. mana production as possible, which means that mana/pop/cult hybrids are useless for me.
Don't forget that it's better to have residences over pop/cult hybrids due to unurium production in ch17+.
And I personaly dislike pop/cult/mana hybrids (and any hybrids that gives little of everything - I prefer buildings with less number of stronger bonuses (easier to replace).
The event takes over 30 days - there is no reason why all event mana buildings should be mana/pop/cult types.

Earwen1

I know it has been mentioned before, among the previous 300 posts in this thread, but I cannot find it again.
So, asking for friends: when will the Snow Owl come to live worlds?