• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

Enevhar Aldarion

Fairly recently actually, beginning this year or so?
If I look at my artefacts it was the may event. it was one of the "easier" events.

Well, they skipped having an FA after the Air Traders event because that was set buildings and not an evolving building. And yes, they skipped one because the event was made very easy to get 9 artifacts, that an FA afterward would have benefited far fewer players than normal.

PaNonymeB

Why is there persistent desire to limit other people's choices, instead of your own?

- "I think there are too many optional events for me, but I can't control myself and limit my own participation, so why don't we prevent everyone else in participating in extra events?"
- "I think some quests in optional event are too hard for me in Chapter 2, so why don't we prevent everyone else in Chapter 2 to participate in events?"
- "I think there are too many optional quests, and I am not willing to do extra work, so why don't we prevent everyone else in getting extra rewards for doing extra work?"
About the last point : I never was against endless quests, and actually I'm not even sure anyone was. The reason why endless quests raised so much complaints is because of the way they were implemented - fully random with frequent repetitions that could make the event unfair for those who got unlucky.
As for the first point, I agree that such claims are wrong arguments, but I never made such a claim.
Which brings us to the second point and my post you quoted :
Which again raises the suggestion @InnoGames : if the intent is that new players first discover the game before bothering with events, why not making events only available in chapters 3+ ?
Where did you read I made this suggestion just because I'm not able to do this event in a chapter 2 city ? It's about new players discovering the game, not about me. I was commenting a general claim chapter 2 cities by @Karvest saying it's generally better at these stages to first progress before bothering with events, (actually, you can argue that the quote said "you", but I read it as a general advice, sorry for confusion if you read it differently), and was saying if this was intended (I'm actually far from sure it is intended, as they regularly changed such quests that were found very hard/impossible for new cities) they could consider such a suggestion.

SoggyShorts

In the later chapters it probably makes a lot more sense to focus on the dailies
To get 5 artifacts (180 presents) with 5,000 keys you just need to keep your cost per present to less than 27.7 keys.
I spent 3,125 keys today
I reshuffled immediately after finding the daily prize each time

Results:
12 dailies
139 presents (1 present short of 4th artifact.)

My average cost per present ~22.

This is my new favorite event format.

edeba

Cool, thanks. I've never actually played one before.:oops:

I can't get exact numbers until I know what the quest rewards are, but I'm thinking we can blow about 1,500 Keys on shuffles and still get 5 Artifacts for a fully evolved Owl.

Anyone else have a good idea?

So, assuming the last quests after 63 all give 40 keys, and you get ~12 keys per day around town, and 25 for logging in each day,
That's 5,000ish keys.
That opens 200 boxes plus 26 more using the magnifying glass, and 11 double prizes. (which give double gifts?)
26 from glass
11 from double gifts
22 from triple gifts
---
259 gifts
that's 12 GP or 6 artifacts if you never click reshuffle. Almost a 7th artifact.
Add in the 2 for free from quests and 2 from a follow-up FA makes 10 or 11.

That's too many.
So at a minimum how many reshuffles can we do while still basically guaranteeing 5+2+2 artifacts for a level 10 owl?

3500 Keys + reshuffling whenever the daily building and 2&3 present tiles are gone.
=140 boxes
+18 Mag glass
+8 double thing
+8 doubles
+16 triples
----
190 gifts = 9 GP = 5 artifacts.

Perfect, that allows for 30 reshuffles? sweet.
Unless there are no artifacts in the assumed upcoming FA in which case- totally screwed.

Other things not included: hitting the 2 or 3 present tile with the double thingy.
Shuffling after getting the 2/3 present thingy so that they are actually more frequent than 1 in 16
I've got 6 artifacts so far, so that includes the ones from the quest list at quest 20 and 70. I am out of keys at this point but I don't see a problem getting at least one more artifact and maybe 2.

SoggyShorts

I've got 6 artifacts so far, so that includes the ones from the quest list at quest 20 and 70. I am out of keys at this point but I don't see a problem getting at least one more artifact and maybe 2.
So we're in close to the same position, did you reshuffle? How many dailies?

edeba

So we're in close to the same position, did you reshuffle? How many dailies?
I thought reshuffling was massively expensive and I couldn't see doing that at all. I have 4 goblin gift shops, 2 ice cream cone farms, 1 frozen owl cave, 4 fishing spots, 1 lampion winter pond, 1 snowy charming tree. I think those all came from dailies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Will the list come out with quest list and prizes, or am I just missing it. I love the winter events!

Since ElvenGems has not started adding the event yet to their site, the only reliable site I know with an up-to-date list is on the Platinum Leaf Facebook group page.

Enevhar Aldarion

To get 5 artifacts (180 presents) with 5,000 keys you just need to keep your cost per present to less than 27.7 keys.
I spent 3,125 keys today
I reshuffled immediately after finding the daily prize each time

Results:
12 dailies
139 presents (1 present short of 4th artifact.)

My average cost per present ~22.

This is my new favorite event format.

Good thing you were not around the first two times this format was used, as the hate for it was strong. lol

But a couple of things were changed since then, so it is a better setup this time around.

guivou

what is this !!! very easy for big city with several 10+ open province for tournament but what for level 3 or under , collect 5 enchantments will takes lot of time ....

1605963423622.png

DeletedUser2735

Am I right?
500 keys for 20 waypoints. If there are always 3 free waypoints in every shuffleboard, then we need 425 keys?
But I dont know this.

a) If I do not count the free waypoints, we need 13 times 500 keys = 6.500 keys.
b) If there are always 3 free Waypoints, we need 13 times 425 keys = 5.525 keys.
Now I want to know how many keys we can get.
If we fetch 25 faling keys a day and get all daily quests, we get get 1.750 keys.
a) We need 4.750 keys out of the quests. That are 50 keys per quest. Do we get this?
b) We need 3.777 keys out of the quests. That are 40 keys per quest. Do we get this?
Is it really possible to get the last Owl without buying keys?
Maybe someone knows more and can help me.

Enevhar Aldarion

Am I right?
500 keys for 20 waypoints. If there are always 3 free waypoints in every shuffleboard, then we need 425 keys?

16 postal boxes is 400 keys. you get one present per box, plus one box gives one extra and one box gives two extra. And you need to use the 2X every time and that gives at least one extra. That adds up to 20 presents, or one grand prize, per 400 keys, if you open all 16 boxes every time.

LayDHawk2

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss our Winter Magic event. We are looking forward to hearing your feedback! :)

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
why provide feedback???? You dont actually do anything about it so what's the point??? I thought this event would be better than that HORRID fall eventm but alas, you still dont get it :mad:

Enevhar Aldarion

why provide feedback???? You dont actually do anything about it so what's the point??? I thought this event would be better than that HORRID fall eventm but alas, you still dont get it :mad:

Of course they do, just not as much as a lot of people would like. The way they changed the 2X and Reveal 2 from the past time we had this format is a nice change. And taking the Shuffle out of the 16 prizes was something a lot of people asked for. In the past two events with this format, hitting that Shuffle before you got the daily prize was one of the most frustrating things ever in this game.

PaNonymeB

Ooooh that does sound crappy. Now I see why people didn't like it before.
Now though? seems pretty great to me
Yes, reshuffle, reveal two and ×2 were in the shuffleboard, so you had nearly no control on what you get
But with the changes it may indeed become an even better kind of event than the good old 3/9 chests, as for the first time ever in event history you're guaranteed to get a daily prize every 400 (or 445 if you're forced to reshuffle after opening the 16 things) keys.

Last edited: