• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic - The Snow Owl Express

Enevhar Aldarion

Are there lists of quests and daily prizes?

Until Elvengems catches up, there is a group on Facebook called Platinum Leaf that shares it's list and you do not have to be a member of the group to see it, but I am not sure if you have to be logged into Facebook or if you can see it without having an account there.

@SoggyShorts the board shuffles for free when the daily prize changes, just like in the past two versions of this system. And if you open all 16 boxes, it also shuffles for free, like before. And I have no clue the total currency, as I have not been tracking the progression, so I don't know what quests 73-95 will be worth.

SoggyShorts

just like in the past two versions of this system.
Cool, thanks. I've never actually played one before.:oops:

I can't get exact numbers until I know what the quest rewards are, but I'm thinking we can blow about 1,500 Keys on shuffles and still get 5 Artifacts for a fully evolved Owl.

Anyone else have a good idea?

So, assuming the last quests after 63 all give 40 keys, and you get ~12 keys per day around town, and 25 for logging in each day,
That's 5,000ish keys.
That opens 200 boxes plus 26 more using the magnifying glass, and 11 double prizes. (which give double gifts?)
26 from glass
11 from double gifts
22 from triple gifts
---
259 gifts
that's 12 GP or 6 artifacts if you never click reshuffle. Almost a 7th artifact.
Add in the 2 for free from quests and 2 from a follow-up FA makes 10 or 11.

That's too many.
So at a minimum how many reshuffles can we do while still basically guaranteeing 5+2+2 artifacts for a level 10 owl?

3500 Keys + reshuffling whenever the daily building and 2&3 present tiles are gone.
=140 boxes
+18 Mag glass
+8 double thing
+8 doubles
+16 triples
----
190 gifts = 9 GP = 5 artifacts.

Perfect, that allows for 30 reshuffles? sweet.
Unless there are no artifacts in the assumed upcoming FA in which case- totally screwed.

Other things not included: hitting the 2 or 3 present tile with the double thingy.
Shuffling after getting the 2/3 present thingy so that they are actually more frequent than 1 in 16

Last edited:

Graine

For me, there's just not enough variety in the quests and the rewards are .....well....you know :-/ So I'm quite bored doing the past couple of events.
With all the fight/relic type quests, I feel like INNO is forcing players to clear more provinces. I can do the tournament stuff and I might go after a bit in the Spire (which I dislike), but if need be, I'll quit the event before clearing difficult provinces and buying huge #'s of kps.
None of the rewards are worth it to me. I'm remembering (though we complained) rewards being a whole lot more useful (at least) a couple of years ago. If I could use the multitude of relics I now own to make recipes, maybe it wouldn't be so bad but I can't. Still lovely graphics......

Enevhar Aldarion

Cool, thanks. I've never actually played one before.:oops:

I can't get exact numbers until I know what the quest rewards are, but I'm thinking we can blow about 1,500 Keys on shuffles and still get 5 Artifacts for a fully evolved Owl.

Anyone else have a good idea?

For some reason, I thought you came back in time for the May event, when we last had this system.

I only just hit 40 keys with quest 72, so your numbers would need to be adjusted slightly downward, though maybe only enough to lose opening one box.

Because of today's good prize, the Goblin Gift Shop, I blew all the keys I had saved up, so now I am at zero and can roughly calculate the remainder of the event for me. Right now, including the artifacts from the bonus gauge, I am at a level 7 Owl, and almost done with the current in-between grand prize, so three dots and five more grand prizes to get three more artifacts. With 23 more days of 40+ keys and 22 more days of 25 free keys, plus the ground drops.

If you are going for the grand prizes only, 16 boxes means 16 points toward the grand prize, plus either two or three of those give extra points, plus the 2X also doubles the point, so at least one extra there. This means if you open all 16 boxes, you are guaranteed enough points for one grand prize, plus maybe a point or two extra towards the next prize. That is 400 keys per set of postal boxes, then the free shuffle, then repeat if the daily is worth it.

For me, 880+ more keys from quests, 550 from the daily free keys, plus average of 20 keys per day in drops for another 460, including today. That looks like 4 more grand prizes guaranteed and at least halfway to the final artifact. Depending on exact value of the final 23 quests, plus how much I can actually collect in drops, plus how many boxes contain extra points, I might just barely get the 9th artifact from the event. But more likely I will end the same as the past several events, just short of the 9th artifact.

Enevhar Aldarion

Not counting on 2 from the FA?

Also, did you reshuffle after winning the daily ever?

Right, I have been finishing events with 8, so a level 9 building and needing one artifact from the FA.

I have paid for the shuffle three times. Twice was when I was down to two crappy prizes left, so 45 versus 50 and a free shuffle was a slightly better deal. And once on day 1 that I wish I could take back. I will know better on Live. Lol

SoggyShorts

once on day 1 that I wish I could take back. I will know better on Live. Lol
If my math is right you can reshuffle 30x without jeopardizing your artifacts.
Personally, I plan to reshuffle as soon as I get the daily prize and either the 2 or 3 present tiles until I've done 10 reshuffles and then re-evaluate.

Perhaps someone like @MinMax Gamer, @Karvest, or @CrazyWizard can confirm it's not my meds beating my maths;)

DeepTerminal

Today's daily is Goblin Gift Shop (3x3 pop/culture), a new building from this event and one of the highest pop/tile buildings in the game. For Chapters 10-16, it offers more pop/tile than Magic Residence, but gives very little culture. Pop/tile comparison:

Picture1.png

Verde

This event is really starting to feel like hard work to me, certainly not fun anymore ... just too much challenge.
Main things making it harder in my opinion ... the specification for fight or negotiate, vs solve, and the inability to mix encounter types (spire, tourney, normal province). So very many tasks with so many double task quests.
Really wondering whether I might just skip this event on live.

DeletedUser3314

Today's daily is Goblin Gift Shop (3x3 pop/culture), a new building from this event and one of the highest pop/tile buildings in the game. For Chapters 10-16, it offers more pop/tile than Magic Residence, but gives very little culture. Pop/tile comparison:
Wonder how long that will last !? :oops: I foresee a nerf in the foreseeable future. o_O

galrond

some quest are very bad , those requiring using pet food , beginners don't have building or relics to make pet food ... and a technology for beginner can takes days ... (please add exploration alternative or other things )

View attachment 8341
This one will be the stopper for my beta city.
I can´t research anything before I get a lot of provinces -> getting to next chapter
I don´t have any food to feed the pet, that I don´t have space for.
Ofc I´ll get the space, when I get the provinces, and I can produce petfood.......
I know, that I´m a bad player, and should have prepared for something like this.
So no need to point that out. That won´t help in any way :(

This is IMO by far the worst event when it comes to requirements :mad:
I know, that I repeat myself: Always make one of the alternatives something like gather XXX of something or use XX something (not pet food) or give XX NH.....
This requirement could have been: Spend 12 KP and (use 2 pet food or give NH 15 times).
Then it would be doable for all.......
Sigh..... sometimes I think that INNO either really hates their playerbase or know little about their own gamemecanics......

Deleted User - 62044

Since when have the missions become two ??? normal to repeat and repeat and repeat until the dead are bored

earn vision vapor win combining catalys, earn vision vapor win combining catalys, every day every night and forever

the lottery system is unbearable, it doesn't matter the prize will never touch you,

Inno has killed the fellowship adventures and is now killing the events. for my part, I no longer participate in these rigged and cheating lotteries more boring than watching the city grow.

do something and please don't be more copies of the FSO, or we will end up leaving the game to go to the FSO, at least they work better there.

SoggyShorts

The FA is not a guarantee, we have seen in the past that they skipped one.
Ooof, really? I must have missed it.
To get those 2 extra Artifacts from the event would basically mean never re-shuffling. instead of re-shuffling 30 times. (based on 5,000 keys)
The difference in daily prizes could be huge though: being able to reshuffle pretty much every time you win the daily should mean getting more than double the dailies...

Deleted User - 81190

The difference in daily prizes could be huge though: being able to reshuffle pretty much every time you win the daily should mean getting more than double the dailies...
In the later chapters it probably makes a lot more sense to focus on the dailies, as there are some good ones this time around. I just don't see Owl as a difference maker. After changes, it might be an OK producer in aggregate, but you can only have one, basically.

- Mana? Many people don't need extra mana, and can't reduce existing mana production (sets/abbey).
- Sentient production? Probably not enough to cover all sentient needs, so still need 1x T4 manu, but a single T4 manu covers all sentient needs in-between chapters for many people, so extra production doesn't do anything.
- Feeding effect? LOL no.
- Which leaves us with pop and culture, which are not all that hot by itself.

On the other hand, going for something like daily goblin shop you can get 10+ of these buildings from the event, for close to 100K of highly efficient pop in the end game. This may make a material difference to many cities.

CrazyWizard

Ooof, really? I must have missed it.
To get those 2 extra Artifacts from the event would basically mean never re-shuffling. instead of re-shuffling 30 times. (based on 5,000 keys)

Fairly recently actually, beginning this year or so?
If I look at my artefacts it was the may event. it was one of the "easier" events.