• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Karvest

Well, you cried about scrolls - you would get way less libraries, but no different goods as well. Typical Inno. Unless they are going to add them later.

BlueSoul

the discussion seems to have wandered...o_O...IN CONFIRMATION OF MANY PREVIOUS COMMENTS - we are an FS of small cities (biggest is in Orcs), but all have advanced cities in live worlds. I can confirm that the Arcane Residue badge is crippling - it 'double-dips' on the need to have spell frags (Spire if you can & if you're lucky, or selling off inventory which all tends to be useful when you're small) & CC spells (likewise with the Spire, & in my case only 3 MA slots open, ~14hr ea to produce) & then add the wildcard of what is on offer to produce...seriously? I have to make what I want & need, I have no spare AW shards, restricted CC's & what use is a Festive May Tree with no hope to evolve it?
NB: I expect & accept that the FS should be 'harder' for smaller players/cities, but not impossible - we aimed for 1 path/stage, & we'll finish Stage 2, but Stage 3.....

Attachments

• MA.JPG
    MA.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Wowwie

its like theres pit
Bracelets are FAR too hard.
In Chapter 17 I need 113K for one. But in Chapter 17 I am not focused on T1 I am more focused on sentient. Yes I still produce T1 but not in the quantities needed for this.
It is ridiculous to need more than two high level T1 factories in your city just for this FA. I might get one or two made by the end of the FA.

This has to be reduced.

Now I need to look at the new badges.

Any opinions on which colors are easiest?
Bracelets easier than all the arcane residue required in this Fa respecially relying on the Ma to give you something with decent vision vapours to make getting a consist 1 2 3 5 vision vapour per 5 window takes forever to make a 15 vision vapour badge

edeba

Unless I'm mistaken aureate phoenix increases relic boost, hence MM spell is applied to the aureate phoenix boost too. So the total production is given, for T1-T3 production boosted with MM (when both phoenix boost can apply), by BP×(1+RB+AP)×(1+MM+SP) where BP is base unboosted production, RB is relic boost (includes Mountain Halls effect), MM is spell boost (includes Elvrnar Trade Center effect), and AP, SP are boosts for both Phoenixes.
So the % increase from Aureate Phoenix is AP/(1+RB), with AP=3 for level 10 phoenix and 1+RB varying between 8 and 9.84 for max relic boost depending on Mountain Halls level. This ratio varies between 30.5% and 37.5%.
On the other hand, the increase from Storm Phoenix is SP/(1+MM), with SP=0.5 for level 10 and 1+MM varying between 1.5 and 2.06 depending on Elvenar Trade Center level. This ratio varies between 24.3% and 33.3%.
So unless you have high level Mountain Halls and no ETC, Aureate is slightly better than Storm.

I got a screen shot 49 seconds before my MM expired. Ok, so the Aureate gave 3x290 = 870 goods. So it is a 37.5% increase over just having the relic boost, a 32.6% increase with what I get because of the mountain hall, and a 21.7% increase when it is polished with an MM. Aureate boost is crap.

1604626450064.png

Here's goods cost for the tournament
1604626934394.png

So, the use of a pet food on the aureate would require 30 t1 manufacturer collections just to pay for the planks. I have 8, which I can collect twice, so a pet food would give enough extra goods to cater maybe 1/2 of one level of a province here.

If the Aureate tripled your manufacturers, regardless of whether they were polished or not, well, 2 collections of 8 polished manufacturers would give 4002 x 3 x 16 = 192k instead of 64k. At this province/level, the use of a pet food if it tripled output and you polished with MM would give about 7 extra encounters, so one full province and one level.

And in terms of these FA badges, well, it would give you the power to triple the rate you make them for two collections only, so instead of not finishing even one badge from a 3 our collection with 8 polished manufacturers, you could collect 2. That is actually a very expensive use of a pet food, so you could collect a total of 4 badges instead of about 1.5.

This is such a gross imbalance...

Richord

@Enevhar Aldarion ; maybe; but that's just 1 reward for a massive amount of time/efford etc.
@little bee not true; doing all=getting into the top 100. also bad rewards, but it's more than nothing.
@Marindor sure inno doesn't know when or IF changes will come, because they'll just do whatever they want without listening (well).
players quit due to long chapters, players have quit due to bad tournament changes, players walk out of fs' due to tower-requierments (too difficicult) and now we see this stays a bad event, FA won't keep us playing, but helps us to quit the game.

PaNonymeB

I got a screen shot 49 seconds before my MM expired. Ok, so the Aureate gave 3x290 = 870 goods. So it is a 37.5% increase over just having the relic boost, a 32.6% increase with what I get because of the mountain hall, and a 21.7% increase when it is polished with an MM. Aureate boost is crap.
Actually the MM applies to boosted production, so the 870 is multiplied by 1.5 by the MM too, so it remains 32.6% of the total production. But I agree with 3h30 duration it's crap, it should be at least as long as a MM spell (same for storm)

little bee

@little bee not true; doing all=getting into the top 100. also bad rewards, but it's more than nothing.
Finishing all 3 path and getting into the top 100 are not the same thing. In october a lot fellowships finished all paths and the top 20 needed dozends of repetitions of the pit. But this time it will be harder to finish all path so less fellowships will succede. That means that you might get into the top 100 without finishing everything. By definition, it is not possible for the ranking competition to become more difficult for everyone. The only difference is, that now the callenge is more in completing the maps and less in filling the pit. Personally, I like that change.

lika1961

We have been stuck on a waypoint requiring 35 Arcane Residue for almost a whole day now. With not much hope of even finishing it today. We have produced 100s of the other badges in preparation for the Pit and all of these will probably be wasted as it doesn't seem possible to make the Bracelets and Residue to complete the numbers needed per round in the Pit. This is one of the dumbest situations I have seen in this game and the lack of even the smallest effort from the devs to improve the situation is disgusting. Beta testing at its best.

Dony

King of Bugs
This is one of the dumbest situations I have seen in this game and the lack of even the smallest effort from the devs to improve the situation is disgusting. Beta testing at its best.
they still have few hours today to do something about it tho

guivou

. The only difference is, that now the callenge is more in completing the maps and less in filling the pit. Personally, I like that change.
I love this new adventure, some of new badge does not require extra space
Great difficulty for residue and bracelet is a very good point for top teams , the event become a more strategic one (choose right point to avoid in the map) and not only a question of space available. It will give far less round in the pit (very boring thing) and so far less time consuming with less short duration badge.

Lovec Krys

@givou The residues are mostly unuvoidable.
On map 3, the absolute minimum residues you can do is 12, but that comes at a price of 70 bracelets since the bracelets are on both blue and green second crossroads.
On map 2, on second crossroads there are residues on red and blue, so you can lower their number only by going blue-blue-green, but at a cost of other badges increase.
So switching colours is more costly in most cases or the other badges might cause your fs to hit limits on other badges.

Pauly7

the event become a more strategic one (choose right point to avoid in the map) and not only a question of space available.
I disagree. I might have said it already, but I think the Arcane Residue and Bracelet badges take away ALL of the strategy. Whether a team makes it to the pit or not, or finishes one path or three, they will (I believe) always be held back by these two badges. Two badges which don't require strategy. They just require everyone to pick up as many as possible. In the meantime, enough of all the other badges to keep up with those weak links no longer requires much thought or discussion.

Empress Dee

We are a relatively new Beta Fellowship (I'm starting Dwarves now, and am ahead of most). We have been stuck on Arcane for 3 days now, the ONLY hope of getting away from it is the Spire expires in 8 hours.
Pretty sure that if they haven't significantly improved Arcane (and Bracelets to a point), this is the last FA we will do.

edeba

Actually the MM applies to boosted production, so the 870 is multiplied by 1.5 by the MM too, so it remains 32.6% of the total production. But I agree with 3h30 duration it's crap, it should be at least as long as a MM spell (same for storm)
I never noticed that, but I do see the MM was worth more with the pet food.

1604670620636.png

1604670838137.png

Deleted User - 87741

As a noob to this forum, I'm naively hoping that someone who can make decisions might be reading my post. I may be over-hopeful...

5 Arcane Residues are in no way comparable to even 5 statues. Those should be taken out of pit, as it prevents almost all FSs from ever getting more than one or two rounds.

Arcane Residues as they exist are way too much - 5 or at most 10 VVs should be the maximum. Right now, they just make it look like you're expecting a lot of diamond expenditure just to have the right to play FA. 5 of them in pit confirms this