• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Tournament Changes (post-release)

DeletedUser2262

In the last tourny, in province 40 I faced 129K enemy troops against my mere 62K.
Even with a minor loss in percentage, the loss in actual numbers were absolutely devastating.
What's worse, if I were to continue to chapter 17 and advance my city accordingly, it would have become been even worse.

Karvest

Just for comparison, in province 40 1st round I (chapter 15 as well) faced 5x54669=273k enemy troops (versus 5x26235=131k mine).

DeletedUser2262

Just for comparison, in province 40 1st round I (chapter 15 as well) faced 5x54669=273k enemy troops (versus 5x26235=131k mine).
Jeez. More than twice as many as me. How many wonderleves have you got ?

Maillie

This is a real dilemma. If I choose to open 17 in my live city and play the game I am literally going to be holding my own fellowship back. The options for those of us that spent diamonds for our expansions and have completed the chapters given to us are terrible. We don't all have 10 phoenix and 1/2 a dozen bears. I have one of each.

edeba

I think Inno has earned lumps of coal for their stockings at Christmas. I imagine moving this massive swindle against the largest supporters of the game is going to cut into revenue to the point that there will be job cuts.

Aeva

The overall response on the Dutch server is that most players and fellowships are pleased because they can earn more points in tournaments. But, the realy big ones are not happy. They either adjust or they leave, but not in great numbers. For a few topplayers the reality is that they no longer achieve the same massive amount of points they used to achieve. What we also do see is a kind of transfermarket for players, I am not sure why but all the major FS are recruiting now.

In my (10 chest + golden spire) FS we are still in the same league we were before. That is the 100K+ points go into 15 chests now instead of 10 and we all have 50kp and 5 royal restoration more then before. But... we were prepared and have adjusted and though we see some of ours gaining less points others gain more. And I might add that the Top 5 gains the 40K points, but those are not allways the same people, so there never is a need for a topplayer to run a bit faster.

DeletedUser1953

I reached the quest 65 thuesday ( Solve 10 Encounters or Solve 10 Spire Encounters && Research 1 Technology or Gain 25 Vision Vapor ) but i already finish my spire -> need to wait sunday
then 68. Solve 8 Encounters and/or Solve 8 Tournament Encounters and Gain 20 Vision Vapor or Scout 1 Province - 73
-> need to wait tuesday (and it takes time to do 20 vapor too)

and now i see 72. Solve 8 Encounters or Solve 8 Spire Encounters and Produce Fresh Supplies to provide to the inhabitants of your city
It is very spire intensive and the timing is very bad for me (and probably for another part of player, depend on when you reach some quests).

Karvest

Tomorrow's daily quest is "Solve 10 Encounters or Solve 10 Spire Encounters" too...
Previous one was sunday's daily - it's ok for those who are at the "daily" part of quest line.
So that quests are aligned to spire start and spire end.
Only those who do whole spire on first day-two or those who still hasn't caught up daily quests are skewed.

PS: wrong thread btw

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

10 Spire encounters means 3 parts of Spire, so considering that it comes on Wednesday, it's not doable without using time instants unless you're lucky and you can do it on 5(6)-12(13) and 21(22) if you have both windows 7hrs only.
So basicaly it means that 99% of players will be forced to do 10 map encounters.

Karvest

well, I'd anyway use time instants to fit my phoenix feeding time while doing tourney.=)
Also they gave us 9h more than 24h for last quest.

DeletedUser2262

The overall response on the Dutch server is that most players and fellowships are pleased because they can earn more points in tournaments. But, the really big ones are not happy. They either adjust or they leave, but not in great numbers
Same on my live server. The smaller players and fellowships are happy, but the larger players not so much.
I've left, but most seem to be staying for now.

Maillie

In my (10 chest + golden spire) FS we are still in the same league we were before. That is the 100K+ points go into 15 chests now instead of 10 and we all have 50kp and 5 royal restoration more then before. But... we were prepared and have adjusted and though we see some of ours gaining less points others gain more. And I might add that the Top 5 gains the 40K points, but those are not allways the same people, so there never is a need for a topplayer to run a bit faster.
This is pretty much what I predicted when this came out. It's not going to stop the top producers, it's only going to stop the mid-level teams that counted on their highest players to finish it. That was our fun. Everyone played to their ability and on the last day we would be at the end of the 9th chest, or in the 10th, and we would start a countdown, with everyone joining in. "5460 to go" ... "4925" ... "3380" ... Everyone that was on added what they could and were proud to put the new total up. As people came online they joined in until it was finished. It was such great fun for us. Was.

galrond

This is pretty much what I predicted when this came out. It's not going to stop the top producers, it's only going to stop the mid-level teams that counted on their highest players to finish it. That was our fun. Everyone played to their ability and on the last day we would be at the end of the 9th chest, or in the 10th, and we would start a countdown, with everyone joining in. "5460 to go" ... "4925" ... "3380" ... Everyone that was on added what they could and were proud to put the new total up. As people came online they joined in until it was finished. It was such great fun for us. Was.
I think the countdown is still a thing in many FS. Now the 11th, 12th, 13th chest comes in to play as well.
I´m still not impressed by the rewards, but it´s better than nothing, and the sport in getting them is there.

Indianaking

The overall response on the Dutch server is that most players and fellowships are pleased because they can earn more points in tournaments. But, the realy big ones are not happy. They either adjust or they leave, but not in great numbers. For a few topplayers the reality is that they no longer achieve the same massive amount of points they used to achieve. What we also do see is a kind of transfermarket for players, I am not sure why but all the major FS are recruiting now.

Even with us on the German server, opinions are split in two. On the one hand, the tournament professionals who have dealt intensively with the matter in the past few weeks are of course not enthusiastic. They are forced to try to adapt to the new circumstances - under great criticism. On the other hand, there are of course the medium-sized and smaller FS who are happy about more accessible chests, some even managed to get a 10th one for the first time. Like Aeva I am in a FS (10 chests, golden tower, leading worldwide), little changes with us, except that we can now take a few more boxes with us and have much, much higher troop losses.

However, some of us are considering exactly whether and how to continue researching, expanding or reducing AWs.

Last edited: