• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Lovec Krys

The quest (if it appears without alternative) should have an alternative.
Everyone who is making quests should have thought for edge cases - low chapter players, end game players, tech locked players (maybe even some more cases)

aliceFalling

i've read a few pages here but not all so forgive me if i repeat something somebody else has said.

playing averagely, which is what i imagine i do, this will be the first event where i don't get to even 8 evolutions...forget the happy days when i got to 10 or 11. the misty game is fun but the rewards are too hard to come by. i've had only two dailies and am already on the 24-hour wait for a task. something needs to change: if rewards/prizes are rare then don't block the tasks...the never-ending tasks would make it better here...but please, give us a fighting chance :oops:

SoggyShorts

Perhaps if instead of finding specific chests we instead find a magic box where only one of three compartments will be able to be opened, and we have to pick one.
That's a neat idea- the current chests are certainly underwhelming.
The main prize doesn't interest me -
What's not to like? It replaces 2 of your orc nests in the same space and gives more orcs, plus pop, plus free frogs.

Aerendil

This event type is running on FoE since spring 2019 (archeology event) and used in 4 events since, I know the mechanics and quite like it.
Always go for the the big package.

I will barely get to lvl 10, with all quests done and missing 4 dailies (I started on beta 04.10.), the balancing is on the difficult side, especially for a new event type.

For a new player on the beta the quests are rather difficult, too many "solve encounters" (all unfinished provinces are orange and I finished quite a few orange, thanks to my guild elvenar-germanen for helping with goods :) ), too many "buy KP" (cost ist now 25k for one, in chapter 1 10k is a lot. FoE increaeses price by 50, Elvenar by 500) and too many "collect Enchantment items".
You should reduce the required numbers on these quests for chapter1-3 for the new players.

Deleted User - 89361

On average, how many diamonds would be needed to get 16 artifacts, and added to the 2 from the FA, to take 2 Witch's Huts to the max stage?

palmira

I am 16 cats away from the 9th artifact and tomorrow I will get the big pack of lights, I hope it will be enough to take my hut to lvl10. I really don't like this event format, I hope it is a one time thing and we go back to the chests where at least we get something everytime we open one.

guivou

again no alternative for VV , impossible for small cities
1603125638509.png

Lissona

Finished the event 2-3 days ago (chapter 16) with Witch's Hut on Lvl 10. I had fun with this event – but I played PvZ al lot years ago ;)

karld

Here ya go everyone, a 1 minute video explaining how to do it:
At about the 23 second point you use a candle and usually it clears the square you clicked on and reveals the fog of adjacent squares, but in this instance it cleared both the spot clicked on as well as the square to the right and revealed the fog 2 squares over. Is this a bug? Is this intended to happen because there was something in the foggy spot that was clicked on? If it's a bug it's a welcome one since it clears more squares than I expected, but I'm just trying to understand how it's supposed to work.

karld

So there have been instances where I left totally unrevealed squares behind because it seemed like too much resources to reveal if there was anything to collect there. Is there a disadvantage to doing that? Might I run out of ghost cats or opportunities for prizes if I do this?

Enevhar Aldarion

At about the 23 second point you use a candle and usually it clears the square you clicked on and reveals the fog of adjacent squares, but in this instance it cleared both the spot clicked on as well as the square to the right and revealed the fog 2 squares over. Is this a bug? Is this intended to happen because there was something in the foggy spot that was clicked on? If it's a bug it's a welcome one since it clears more squares than I expected, but I'm just trying to understand how it's supposed to work.

No, not every square has fog on it. Some are clear to start with. You just can't see that until you clear a foggy square next to the already clear one.

Lovec Krys

@karld That's probably random. You could have left some reward or empty space behind. I prefer to advance to more easier fields most of the time instead of revealing every field.