• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Enevhar Aldarion

How do you get more when 'Friendly Spirits do not show up on your board? Mine has had the same offerings through 3 cycles (24 columns), what is the strategy that I can use to win more desired objects?
View attachment 8068

This may just be a dumb question and I am not understanding you, but the board only changes when you use lights on the right side to advance the screen. The layout does not change automatically at the beginning of a new day/cycle.

Deleted User - 89608

How do you get more when 'Friendly Spirits do not show up on your board? Mine has had the same offerings through 3 cycles (24 columns), what is the strategy that I can use to win more desired objects?
View attachment 8068
This was posted earlier, but I found this Youtube video to be incredibly helpful.

Pauly7

Well the new system was fun for me, but the novelty is definitely wearing off now. If this starts to appear in more events then I will be tired of it in a hurry.

It is more complex (therefore interesting) to play than previous events, but I think any strategy is quite limited. We can, of course, choose when and where to use different light sources, but it mostly just comes down to carving a path through the grid and hoping something comes up.

I wanted the daily prize today. I threw 800 currency at it and in spending it I uncovered a total of 4 lost items. Of those 4 the one that offered the greatest chance of winning the daily gave me a probability of 6%. OK, luck will not normally be quite that bad, but there is nothing we can really do to influence things. We're no longer guaranteed any chance at all of even being offered the chance of winning a prize, and when we do get the chance then we can't pick between 3 options to get one that suits.

With the 3 chest system I would know that if I have X amount of currency I get to open a chest. I also know that I can pick between 3 sets of probabilities so there would always be at least one that gave a slightly better chance. Now, they come up one at a time, if they come up at all, and it seems to me that the vast majority of them offer a 5% or 6% chance of finding that daily prize.

Deleted User - 89608

Regarding what I think is quest 65, part of it is "Solve 10 Encounters or Solve 10 Spire Encounters." Similar quests earlier in the event used "and/or" allowing us to mix & match. It would be helpful (and less confusing) if it was consistent.

Also, if spire & tourney encounters are now considered equivalent to world map encounters (represented in a 1:1 ratio in quests), perhaps it's time to consider simplifying these quests to something like "Solve 10 Spire, Tournament and/or World Map Encounters."

Uffauffa

Well... in time on schedule, today I've completed the 14th "daily quest". Seven daily quests to go.
My countdown to the end of the event says "6 days + 19 hrs" left.
The next mission countdown says "10 hrs to unlock the next mission".
So, for sure, I have 6 days and 9 hrs to complete 7 quests, that means I have only 9 hrs to complete the last quest (Solve 10 Encounters and/or Solve 10 Spire Encounters - Collect 5 Enchantment items).
@Marindor , is that correct? Only 9 hours for the last quest? Or maybe I'm somewhere wrong, but...

eltina

I get “5 broken shards” as a gift (Can´t rememmer in with chest)
I already have 9 broken shards, off this reason I only get 1 broken shards. :-(
I like if it was a instans icon that I get to the inventory. ;-)

Verde

I get “5 broken shards” as a gift (Can´t rememmer in with chest)
I already have 9 broken shards, off this reason I only get 1 broken shards. :-(
I like if it was a instans icon that I get to the inventory. ;-)
Won 5 and already had 10, so zero gain ... incredibly useful :(

DeletedUser3314

Reminds me of
Do note: the maximum amount of broken shards you can store will remain at 10, so you will have to take care of making space to receive your rewards in time. With one of our future updates, we will make it possible to receive more than your maximum amount of broken shards - given that they come from the Tournament rewards.
That was posted on 27 Feb 2017, https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/tournament-rebalancing.7521/, still not implemented. :(
BTW that last part in Italics was added later. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

guivou

very difficult for small cities 3 catalyst will takes days (if enough relics ) , need an alternative (exploration or other )
1602785941222.png

SoggyShorts

And for me ?
There are at least 7 buildings in your city that could be upgraded (orc starts or event buildings)
Finally i prefer vapor as alternative or even a massive T1/supplies, but i do not need to build multiple building to do a quest and then sell it. Why not another alternative (or) for high end city ?
We already had vapor as an alternative enough times, and supplies/goods production quests were almost half. Something different is welcome.
You have a whole turd town of level 1 workshops in your city, how much harder is it to upgrade one of those to 6,7,8?
But Elvenar is NOT FoE. This system is really stupid and not Elvenar-like
Just because it isn't FOE doesn't mean it can't improve in the same direction.
"Click on a chest for a random reward 1,000 times per year" was getting a little stale.

Lovec Krys

What?! Research with no alternative? When you are at the end of the tech tree (on live) with nothing to research (I suppose we get new chapter on live after the event!) or tech locked with weeks before enough resources for next research?

Enevhar Aldarion

What?! Research with no alternative? When you are at the end of the tech tree (on live) with nothing to research (I suppose we get new chapter on live after the event!) or tech locked with weeks before enough resources for next research?

It would be iffy and a tight window. Chapter 17 should hit Live servers at about the same time we get that quest. So yes, with no alternative, all of us at the beginning of chapter 17 will have to complete the first tech of the chapter to complete this and still have a couple of days left in the event for the remaining 4 or 5 quests.

UlyssesBlue

I don't like the random nature of the chests. I prefer it when I can strategise a bit, and therefore focus on the rewards I want. The main prize doesn't interest me - which is fine, they don't always do, and when that's the case I just adjust my strategy to focus on dailies instead - but with the strategy element removed I haven't been able to do that, and so can't get many prizes that I want despite saving all the lanterns/currency for days that have good prizes. When this event hits the live servers I'm thinking I'll take some time off from the game for a while.

The mist exploration mechanic is nice though. Just needs a bit of a tweak so we can better control what chests we get. Perhaps if instead of finding specific chests we instead find a magic box where only one of three compartments will be able to be opened, and we have to pick one. The compartments are equivalent to the existing chests, which varying chances of the respective prizes. Just an idea.

DeletedUser2954

I just spent a weeks worth of magic ingredients over 1000 trying to get today’s daily prize. Got 3 coin rains 2 troop spells some knowledge and some catalysts!! Oh yes and some smelly cats. So that’s a week worth of effort blown and in my eyes no reward So no it’s not fun It’s slow laborious confusing disappointing

Verde

It would be iffy and a tight window. Chapter 17 should hit Live servers at about the same time we get that quest. So yes, with no alternative, all of us at the beginning of chapter 17 will have to complete the first tech of the chapter to complete this and still have a couple of days left in the event for the remaining 4 or 5 quests.
And if release of Chapter 17 is delayed for some reason?