• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Chapter 17 - The Traders of Unur

Marindor

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement for our new Chapter here and let us know what you think about it!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

iDavis

I like this pirate theme. All I hope right now is that it will be a bit more engaging than chapter 16, which was, especially in it´s beginning, too slow.

So far I´am not making any opinion about new wonders - for chapter 16 player they would be quite useless, but since unurium will be as a switchable production with seeds, the seeds production will be reduced a lot, so any other source of sentient goods will be good for sure.
(However combining catalysts could not be so necessary - I just overcame 1k in my inventory..)

Last edited:

palmira

A definite no to the AWs, a waste of space as far as I am concerned, I will try, quite slowly, to do some research and decide if it is a go for my FS live or a sound no. At first glance it is a quite uninspiring chapter and a very punishing one in terms of the spire and tourney with loads of mandatory researches with zero advantages up until half the race and not a single troop upgrade, again. So, for the very first time, a new race met with zero enthusiasm. :(

Pauly7

As far as I am concerned guest race settlements have become a hateful experience to build and manage. The requirement for space tends to become greater and greater so many people teleport a lot of other buildings away to make space. It would be OK if it was for a short time, but right now I can't see any reason to spend a long period (many months) with a massive amount of city space dedicated to something which doesn't bring any useful reward.

Partly I want to carry on with the story so that I can see my city develop, but everything about the way this game is set up now is telling me not to bother.

FieryArien

Feedback after looking at the research tree: I noticed you switched back from several researches which “granted 1 level to each T2 manufactory” to again 1 research per 1 type of manufactory (all upgrade levels at once).
I like the “each manufactory +1 level” system better (I’m currently in Embassies on live server). It feels that I’m not researching something redundant, but each upgrade gives me something. ;-)

Lovec Krys

The idea of switching between seed and unurium production is the best!
Not only player is motivated to have as many wonder levels as possible to keep up with both resources without needs for adding dozens of event hybrids, but also punishes the player for doing that with increased costs in Tourney and Spire.
Bad player! Bad player! He deserves to be punished!

Dony

King of Bugs
so many people teleport a lot of other buildings away to make space.
you cant teleport any building anymore in ch17

RIP average players who struggled with seeds up until now, you are done with this chapter before they rebalance it
on top of that servers with market problems, which wasnt addressed yet, are screwed even more

Dony

King of Bugs
because you need every single pop and culture in order to progress in this chapter, else you cant even research second tech
so the strategy iis actually to fill your city with lvl 31 buildings to progress, something which average players cant, especially non premium ones

Lovec Krys

Technicaly you can teleport buildings, but you will need to upgrade your main hall to be able to finish the chapter.

Not sure what Dony exactly means, maybe that you need to upgrade your trader before second research? But you need pop for upgrading trader and for upgrading Main Hall. I'm not sure if you need pop/cult for anything else.
But if you have enough magic residences (and culture and blueprints (or diamonds)), you can upgrade your magic buildings right after researching Trader, that might save you some space if you teleport some of your regular houses, otherwise you can teleport any of your manus/armories/libraries or anything else, what's teleportable (at the cost of decreased production of teleported buildings).

palmira

because you need every single pop and culture in order to progress in this chapter, else you cant even research second tech
so the strategy iis actually to fill your city with lvl 31 buildings to progress, something which average players cant, especially non premium ones
I haven't looked carefully to this chapter as I am still deciding if I will research anything after the trader or not, at least for now, but I don't see why I will need that much culture and pop to research the trading center, just 2,5k of each to upgrade the trader but maybe I am missing something (and what I need to bag are spire buildings, vallorian vallors and stategist grounds- and probably unbag my seeds producing buildings when I decide to go on...)

iDavis

Unurium production is based on required culture and working population.. (instead of wonders and main hall as we have seen in case of seeds)..

Pauly7

I think it's probably safe to say that I will never play this chapter. This may not be the recommended way to play, but my 'free' space that will end up as part of a guest race area is now down to the equivalent of 8 expansions. I suspect this guest race will require, what, twice, three times that?

It makes no sense to me anymore to keep a huge unused area in my city, so in effect I treat playing a new chapter a little bit like I do a fellowship adventure - i.e. I tear down a big part of my city that I can live without for a while and all the while I'm hoping it will be over as soon as possible so that I can put everything back.

I don't build my city for maximum efficiency. I build it to have it looking the way I want it to. So I will also never upgrade everything to maximum level.

Considering the amazing art department (or whatever it's called) that Inno has, it surprises me a lot that they have a city building game where no value is placed in building amazing looking cities.

Is this game not for me?

Lovec Krys

Ehm,,,,,,,, is this a joke?!!!!
1602513757891.png

iDavis

The point is with not increasing production after building upgrade I guess.. But coins will not be a problem for me, I´m currently very often forced to buy KP to avoid hitting the top of my coins capacity (and I´m playing full spire every week, and now I use diplomacy even less as they introduced training production in all 3 buildings) and still having tons of coin rains in my inventory. So from a balancing point of view, I don´t consider this to be a problem. On the other hand, building upgrades will be very fine, as they don´t increase their size, but do increase population quite a lot (and even more with thermals).

EDIT: (target) So even better...

Last edited: