• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

World Map [WM] CANCEL button on SCOUTING

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Summary
Add a "Cancel" button for scouting.

Description
See above.

Motivation
It's just annoying when you accidentally clicked a unexplored city and it automatically do the scouting stuff and the only button there is to finish exploration using gems without being able to cancel it because there's no cancel button.

Possible downsides
Could be abused for an additional temporary "coin storage". Therefore we might want to consider applying a penalty fee when cancelling the scout.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser136

I've accidently scouted things I didn't want to scout more than once, too... moving around on the map to visit neighbors and then all of a sudden see that I'm scouting is a bit annoying (and can be expensive)

I have to agree a 'confirm' button would be a very good thing

DeletedUser231

A confirm would be great. I have done this as well by accident looking around on the map only to find I have accidently pressed an open area and spent money I did not want to...GREAT IDEA.

DeletedUser

I see a point there, that in medieval times it should be impossible to call back a scout once you sent him, but it's necessary to make it harder to send one accidentally...

DeletedUser

So you're arguing: You did it wrong elsewhere already, just again please! :D

DeletedUser1345

To add to this line, it would be very helpful if the scouting time was displayed as well as the costs. A good guideline is too keep your buildings and builders busy. The same applies for the scout. If I could know when a scout will finish, I would choose a province that will be finished when I can be around to send another.

SoggyShorts

it would be very helpful if the scouting time was displayed as well as the costs.
This should very much be a part of the scout fix, both should be done together.

Many players have had trouble with clicking the Scouting button by accident. Therefore, this idea has been forwarded. :)
This quote from April 2015 scares me. @Marindor has been kicking butt lately with these polls, but if this idea was already brought to the dev's attention 600 days ago it doesn't bode well for our other hopes.

Buttrflwr

This should very much be a part of the scout fix, both should be done together.

This quote from April 2015 scares me. @Marindor has been kicking butt lately with these polls, but if this idea was already brought to the dev's attention 600 days ago it doesn't bode well for our other hopes.

Yep, 'Tis scary that the idea was forwarded so long ago, but never implemented. :(

DeletedUser1681

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that the "canceling" the scouting was at some point this autumn described difficult and turned down. However it was amongst some other discussion and can't find it, so it could be that my memory fails me. Anyhow...
it would be very helpful if the scouting time was displayed as well as the costs
I'm all for this and if cancel button is possible then that too.

But this thread hasn't been archived so maybe there's still hope ;)