• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

DeletedUser2526

ONE thing... it is VERY hard for small players to get those darn back to back for Goods... Produce x amount of goods and then the next one is GAIN x amount of goods... it is hard to do them back to back like that.. also on the x amount of Supplies.. Gain and Produce the Supplies quickly stops you from playing until you PRODUCE or GAIN is frustrating to say the least.

Enevhar Aldarion

Yeah, very helpful to know that a lantern or a flask can only be put on a empty tile (what is exactly a empty tile? any empty tile? an empty tile adjacent to a foggy one?) if neither can be used on this and I wasted inadvertently at least one each trying to move on from here...

View attachment 8000on from here

Empty means completely empty. No fog or prize or cat or obstacle. I have not looked at how the app does it, but on browser, the game will not let you put any of the lights in a spot where it will not work. In other games I play that use this format for events, it will not let me place either item that needs to go on an empty space if there is nothing for it to clear. So I hope Inno did the same. For example, your pic has two columns with no fog at all. If this event is programmed correctly, the game will not let you use a lantern in either of them because there is no fog to clear. Obstacles also block the items from working on fog on the other side of them. See all those columns with obstacles with a clear space on one side and fog on the other? The obstacle will block the lantern from clearing the fog on the other side. It will also block a flask from clearing fog on the opposite side, but will not block a flask from clearing fog on a diagonal between obstacles.

SoggyShorts

And how do you think I will understand if we have no explanation from Inno?
By asking on the forums?
I agree that inno should add a little slideshow explaining it for those who can't mouse over the blue "i" on each item for an explanation.
What got me was your seeming anger and frustration. A poor explanation is innos fault, but proceeding further without understanding is kinda yours.

DeletedUser2988

No clue how the candles work and how I earn a prize.
I'm on the app for my Android phone, by the way.
Having an explanation in the forum will not work for most players.
It looks interesting but seems complicated.
Also what do I do with the mystery objects if I ever find them....
And finally what is the new ??? Being produced in the witches house and what's it for?

In summary way too many unknowns for your beginning and average player. If I didn't know to come to the forum when I had questions I would still be clueless.
Explanations please!!!!!!!!!!

Enevhar Aldarion

No clue how the candles work and how I earn a prize.
I'm on the app for my Android phone, by the way.
Having an explanation in the forum will not work for most players.
It looks interesting but seems complicated.
Also what do I do with the mystery objects if I ever find them....

In case it is not explained in Soggy's video, everything that is not an obstacle, you need to click/tap on to collect it. The mystery items/chests that give us goodies do not use the magic ingredients. Those are only used to buy more candles, lanterns and flasks.

DeletedUser2988

In case it is not explained in Soggy's video, everything that is not an obstacle, you need to click/tap on to collect it. The mystery items/chests that give us goodies do not use the magic ingredients. Those are only used to buy more candles, lanterns and flasks.
The problem is not how someone who uses the Forum figures out how to play. The problem is for those who don't.
Also, why should I have to come to the Forum to learn how to play. It should be part of the instructions.

Aeva

The problem is not how someone who uses the Forum figures out how to play. The problem is for those who don't.
Also, why should I have to come to the Forum to learn how to play. It should be part of the instructions.
I guess that's the charm of beta (testing)...

DeletedUser2988

I started back at the beginning of this thread and parsing app from browser helped.
Could we have an app thread and a browser thread.
For example, my screen doesn't look like Soggy's. His basic explanation is good and was helpful, but it's not completely applicable to the app.

SoggyShorts

I started back at the beginning of this thread and parsing app from browser helped.
Could we have an app thread and a browser thread.
For example, my screen doesn't look like Soggy's. His basic explanation is good and was helpful, but it's not completely applicable to the app.
I just tried the app and...yuck.
I misplaced 2 items because my finger isn't transparent.

@Marindor you know how when you finger press a word on your phone a pop-up appears like this:
Screenshot_20201001-161418.png
The app needs something like that for the event IMO

SlyLady

Anyone else find it a bit frustrating at the process of buying single items? If you want 9 candles, you have to buy a single candle, click on a pop up to acknowledge, and repeat, for each one. If I have 90 coins, I want to buy 9 candles as efficiently as possible, not with 18 clicks. I know there are packages with multiples, but seems like there could be the ability to set a quantity for the single items, too.

If this option already exists, please enlighten me on how to make it work. I played around a bit but didn't have any luck.

2Serious

ONE thing... it is VERY hard for small players to get those darn back to back for Goods... Produce x amount of goods and then the next one is GAIN x amount of goods... it is hard to do them back to back like that.. also on the x amount of Supplies.. Gain and Produce the Supplies quickly stops you from playing until you PRODUCE or GAIN is frustrating to say the least.

A couple tricks I use that can help.

If it says "gain" I get what I can from special buildings that give goods.
And when it allows you to do T1 T2 or T3 I go with T3, that way if it is followed by "produce T1" I still have those available.
But I have to tell you. These tasks aren't hard just for small guys. Even in my chapter 16 city I end up using Magic Manu spells and time instants

2Serious

Anyone else find it a bit frustrating at the process of buying single items? If you want 9 candles, you have to buy a single candle, click on a pop up to acknowledge, and repeat, for each one. If I have 90 coins, I want to buy 9 candles as efficiently as possible, not with 18 clicks. I know there are packages with multiples, but seems like there could be the ability to set a quantity for the single items, too.

If this option already exists, please enlighten me on how to make it work. I played around a bit but didn't have any luck.

I just buy packages but I can see where it would be useful to have a 'quantity' drop down

Jackluyt

Could someone who has mastered it please write a nice summary for me of how the main event screen works, so I can share with my members.

The event description does not really explain how the screen works, in detail.
:)

Enevhar Aldarion

Yep, works just as crappy as buying buildings from the regular game shop. I hate the "buy a workshop/residence/factory/etc, place it, click back on the shop, buy another, place that one, repeat". I don't think anything can be bought in multiples anywhere in the game, other than placing roads.

DeletedUser2609

I don’t think it’s working correctly on my iPad. I can drag the candle on the right but it isn’t doing anything. I can’t drag anything on the left. I am not having a problem buying stuff, just can’t do anything else