• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion May Celebrations

Lovec Krys

@Avenahar I'm not arguing that that quest should not be in the last day. But don't you scout pernamently? I have on both and beta cities each event more scouted provinces than previous event.
Last event when I ran out of provinces (in my live city) was the bears. Since then my scouted provinces are only growing (with 80+ hrs scouting).

Avenahar

don't you scout pernamently?
Not, when the provinces are red (hard). And those players who reached the Orcs needed provinces without reaching the orcs chapter have an even bigger problem and depend only on crafting and one or two relics from neighbourly help. No, this quest is not a good one for being the last.

Lovec Krys

@Avenahar Ok (for pre-Orc/Orc cities). The pernament scouting is kind of advanced cities way. I, as an Embassies player have only red provinces to scout. And I'm trying to scout with as little dealys as possible (more provinces for tournament to beat those 17-20k cities).

Dony

King of Bugs
Not, when the provinces are red (hard). And those players who reached the Orcs needed provinces without reaching the orcs chapter have an even bigger problem and depend only on crafting and one or two relics from neighbourly help. No, this quest is not a good one for being the last.
if you have saved all seeds for last day, you will get so many relics from flowers that its not even funny.

i would replace all relics with 1 seed for future events, i would gladly take trade

Avenahar

Yes, the event hit live servers and all our feedback was flushed into the toilet.
bathrooms-bldg.jpg
;)

Arthus

Despite of feedback, event once again started on live without changes with 1 relic rewards

Thank you team Elvenar, next time i will talk with my window for same kind of response.

Jackluyt

For what they are worth, here are my Comments and Suggestions on the Event which ends in Beta today
Feel free to submit your own suggestions!
https://tinyurl.com/ybctnlsy

1. The technical production and artwork is as usual excellent.
    Well done Elvenar team!

2. I love the new Log-in Bonus - this is long overdue!
    It would be another way to add fun to the game - which is still sadly lacking.
    A log in bonus would be great every day not just in events!

3. Back to the stupid Shuffleboard!
    I was hoping that they would drop this after all the negative reactions when it was first introduced. Many players are not interested in evolving buildings and daily exclusives - they only play events for the Filler Items like Knowledge Points and Time Boosters. With the three-chest system one has a choice of which days to spend one’s event currency to try for the fillers you want from the Daily Exclusive.
    Not so with the shuffleboard; it takes away player control entirely; for me and many others, it is nothing but a time-consuming lottery. I find it immensely frustrating and it kills my interest in the event.
    ☹☹
    Every day a new set of prizes appear; you hit ‘Shuffle’ to activate them, then you can click on items (which are masked) to see if you get lucky. One only has a 1 in 16 chance of getting the daily exclusive - unlike the more popular events with three rotating chests, where you can decide which chest to open, to have a higher chance of getting the item that you want.

In my opinion, the ‘Shuffle Board is nothing more than a lottery - it removes all control the player has over what items he wishes to collect. Also the very low probability of gaining an exclusive buildings makes one wonder why the art department bother to design them when so few players get the one they want.
    One of the 16 prizes in the Shuffle is a ‘reshuffle’ which gives you a new set of prizes. In its present form this is a lousy idea - because you may hit reshuffle when you have used most of your Spring Seeds and have not won the Daily Exclusive yet.
    If they want to persist with the Shuffle Board, the Reshuffle should appear on your board as a button that you can click to activate, once you have gained the Exclusive, to move to the next screen when you want to.

That would make more sense - at least it would give one some semblance of control over the process.

4. The Quest Set so far is really one of the best the designers have ever produced! Lots of alternatives, and not a lot of mindless repetition; also many quest requirements are ‘educative’ - and so far I have found not a single quest that any player can’t do, or which forces them to do stuff that goes against their city building philosophy.

Also, my small cities are EXACTLY at the same spot in the questline as I write with a few days to go - so this new Quest Set does not favor players with lots of space, like previous ones did.

Well done event designers!!
    Put this quest set with a decent three-chest format and scrap the silly shuffleboard, and you will have a winner!!

5. Here is a nice change - when you complete a quest, the next one opens automatically without you having to click it!
    Very nice!!

6. The Daily Log-In Bonus is a superb idea! We have been pushing for this for ages.
    Events should be fun - and many are not - this new feature adds something different.

They could do more with it though!
    I would prefer a daily spin of a wheel of chance, with a small chance of winning something of value like a Dwarven Armorer or a Magic Building!!

I wish they would have Daily LOG-IN bonuses every day! - not just in the events! Giving out just a few Diamonds every day would not harm the designer’s Diamond sales, because you need vast numbers of Diamonds to buy anything worthwhile. But giving a few a day has been done in other games like TrainStation (who also routinely give Diamonds to compensate players for the inconvenience of game glitches) - and it gets players used to using Diamonds - and when they have saved a lot, they might get impatient and go and buy the rest they need from the store...

7. The idea of a limited number of quests and then one new one a day is interesting. It does mean that there will be less than 60 quests in total - not enough to keep the eager-beaver players happy - even if the designers have made it so we can manage to get all the Artifacts.
    We will have to see how this works out; a lot of players won’t like only having one quest a day after the first week...

8. Evolving Buildings were a great improvement over Building Sets! But there are problems with them:
    a. The Fire Phoenix and the Brown Bear were potent buildings. Nothing they have made since is really special.
    b. In order to give us enough Artifacts to evolve these white elephants, the number of Fellowship Adventures has been raised - one after each event, to supply some of the required Artifacts needed to evolve the building.
    A lot of players hate this! Fellowship Adventures are like Black Forest Chocolate Cake - a lovely treat now and then - but an overdose makes one bilious...
    c. New-comers to the game are given the chance to gain these buildings by Crafting, after the event is over - but there is no system in place to evolve them - which makes these crafted buildings pretty useless and their recipes are taking up space in the Academy where we would rather have useful crafting recipes.

Building Sets were cumbersome large, and needed one to get lucky to win all the components; Evolving Buildings are becoming same-old, same-old and the designers are struggling to come up with new ideas as good as Fire Phoenix.

I would suggest scrapping the Grand Prize entirely - and rather have daily random mini-events and giveaways to make the event fun and keep the players interested.

9. Ending with a whimper, not a bang? Previous events have had very ordinary Exclusive buildings on the last day. That is a bit of a let-down and an anticlimax.
    We were hoping this one will be different!
    A secret special ‘Mystery Object’ that is not in the Game File so it can’t be hacked, placed by the designers on the last day would be something really special to look forward to!!
    We would all hoard our Seeds for it - not knowing if we would want it or not - and that would add excitement to events that often, sadly, are rather boring.

10. More to follow...

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback. Just to be clear: As I've said a couple of times before, feedback does not automatically lead to changes. That doesn't mean that it's not being taken into consideration (or how you put it: flushed through the toilet) though. Yes, we've forwarded it and yes, it's been investigated and monitored and aside from the changes we made to some of the quests based on the feedback we received on those, the rest of the event seemed to perform the way we intended to and therefore it was decided not to make any further changes to other aspects. This time it was also relatively easy to e.g. obtain the main reward building at level 10 without having to grind through endless quests, seeds in your city were relatively more valuable etc. How did you feel about that? We have noted the feedback that the filler prizes weren't considered that valuable, but when comparing the balancing, the number of presents you could open, the difficulty level etcetera to the Winter event, which had similar mechanics, how do you feel about the changes that were made?

Marindor

Apparently there is an issue with the mails that have been sent out on the Live servers. We're working on resolving it and will send out new emails when everything's resolved (hopefully tomorrow). If you have any additional questions about it, please contact your Live support teams.

Jackluyt

Comment from one of our players:

“I was frustrated by the low displayed culture value for some of the items in the shuffleboard. Then I got one and learned that the displayed culture value (mouse-over) did not match my Chapter position. Once it was in my inventory the actual Culture value was far higher.”

I wonder if the designers know about this?

Arthus

Comment from one of our players:

“I was frustrated by the low displayed culture value for some of the items in the shuffleboard. Then I got one and learned that the displayed culture value (mouse-over) did not match my Chapter position. Once it was in my inventory the actual Culture value was far higher.”

I wonder if the designers know about this?

Maybe he displayed may tree, considering that average 4x4 pop cult has 510 culture in chapter 3 and "powerful evolution" thing has 215 i would be suprised too ^^

Or maybe he was shocked that one of the rewards from shuffleboard (sea horse) is better than today's live daily (shenanigans with sheeps) ^^

Maillie

The Daily Log-In Bonus is a superb idea! We have been pushing for this for ages.
Events should be fun - and many are not - this new feature adds something different.

They could do more with it though!
I would prefer a daily spin of a wheel of chance, with a small chance of winning something of value like a Dwarven Armorer or a Magic Building!!
No, no, and no. Please. There is enough clicking for a "chance" in this event. More than enough. Giving us one sure thing, even if it's one free box, is a major improvement over another 99.998% chance to get a one-minute time boost, or a 1x1 post.