• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

aliceFalling

ummm...i only battle manually...what does that mean...no spire for me? and personally i'd rather wait longer and win more diamonds.

i do not like the changes at all. very disappointing.

Deleted User - 81190

I would like to see specific breakdown on diamond changes. I have a nagging suspicion that most of the "increase if you're doing the whole Spire" thing will end up in chest 12, which is pretty hard to achieve even for top FS...

DeletedUser1953

Why reduce the diamond ?
- How much people paid in diamond the time ? 1% ?
- Because people will do more spire with reduction of waiting time ? No, most of people are limited by troup/ressource !

In place, increase time reduction reward ;) It is more fun to chain ! Or reduce gain but reduce difficulties (even within 9h, it is difficult to refill to 100% gold/supply)

We will see how much group diamond will be raise.

Ashrem

@Marindor , getting all the way to the top and getting the "75 whole diamonds" prize was already the closest thing to a kick in the head the game has to offer. If they're going to reduce the diamonds, the least they could do is lower the chance of a pittance of diamonds being the ultimate prize for sacrificing thousands of troops over several days. All of the diamonds we can possible win in the spire wouldn't pay for a tenth of the troops we lose trying to win them. It's a fool's game to get hit with those diamonds in the top chest.

Arthus

It's nerf after nerf after nerf after nerf under "balance" tag.
It's obvious.

First they destroyed chests in events to introduce time shorteners in spire, now they say it's too much even that way so they lower ammounts of diamonds even more.

We make 8 chests out of 12, pretty sure we will get decreased diamonds quantity... Hope not

Last edited:

iDavis

I suppose consequence will be more diamonds for players who clear whole spire, less for others. With my fellowship on live, we´ve just began beating 12/12 prizes, so for us it might be a good change (but of course depends on how much did they decreased / increased numbers).

Arthus

I suppose consequence will be more diamonds for players who clear whole spire, less for others. With my fellowship on live, we´ve just began beating 12/12 prizes, so for us it might be a good change (but of course depends on how much did they decreased / increased numbers).

Yes i suspect it, 12/12 chests are just for special "Spire fellowships", so overall it's decrease in diamonds but they will say it's "overall increase", they always try to say it as they give more than they take just because they gave you possibility, even if it's unreal to make at your fellowship.

Lushette

The time on gates isnt the issue, but rather the rewards given versus the vast amount of resources and troops required to achieve anything. To make it more attractive you need to reduce to a more realistic level the amount of troops/resources used, give less fragments and more time reduction boosts. Seeing as the Spire is now going to be our main source of time instants ( they have been removed from events) there needs to be more of them included in the Spire.

Maillie

What does shortening the wait time have to do with winning too many diamonds? Players can use diamonds if they don't want to wait. Players do as many as their troops allow, regardless of the wait times.

There is a finite list of fights, it's not indefinite so that if the wait time is shortened we can win hundreds and hundreds of fights, there are only so many to be won. It seems like a bad excuse to nerf yet another fun thing for the lesser fellowships. The top fellowships will stay on top and I applaud them. They will probably get a very scant amount more diamonds, the struggling fellowships will keep struggling and now get less.

For the majority of players, getting to the top is not a choice they make, many have 2 star troops of a basic variety. They don't have Frog Prince and Blossom Mage, along with high level AW's, and many don't have the max level Phoenix yet, so why are they the ones that need to have their small amounts of diamonds nerfed? They're not at the top because they can't get there yet, with or without a time reduction.

DeletedUser1657

Not a very helpful change for the many who play the Spire as individuals :(

Its not unhelpful, the shortened times provide more flexibility on when things can be done. Many o the shortened times make minimal difference as if a person is working/sleeping then 7 and 9hrs are basically the same. The drop from 24 to 12hrs though is great.

Karvest

I repeat that 1330 points for the gold is too high

Just noticed, trophies are counted since the beginning of the multiplayer part of the spire, not from the moment of their announce. As far as I remember that was not a case right after that announce => Inno store points history => can change amount of points required for each trophy and reparse history.

CrazyWizard

Just noticed, trophies are counted since the beginning of the multiplayer part of the spire, not from the moment of their announce. As far as I remember that was not a case right after that announce => Inno store points history => can change amount of points required for each trophy and reparse history.

Ah this explains why there was some old trophies at first visible.
but that was fixed like 2 days ago.

edeba

I like that the wait times are reduced, especially that 24 hour one.

I think the way it is set up you could gain up to 120 diamonds just making it to the first level and then 50 in the chest and it isn't that difficult to make it through without diamonds, except for the boss at the top of the first level. You could also get no diamonds and only the chest... I can see cutting back on this first level because this has been a pretty sweet give, but keep in mind, even with how sweet it is, there has still been a challenge to get players to take advantage of this. It would be nice to see some probability of still winning diamonds from the boss chest on that first level.

The second level is more challenging and resource heavy. I think it should be left alone.

And then the last page is challenging. It should be left alone as well. Right now I think for many fellowships players are going to the top without getting the chest rewards for their level, but to open chests at lower levels.

I think you have the potential here to make the spire something that is either played in a group or ignored as it is resource heavy. It seems to me the original tournament was entirely top heavy and it did not catch on all that well.

DeletedUser1953

For me on live the problem is the cost, gold/supply/orc is too much, it seems that the cost is based on level AW, but even if you have 2x more points in AW, our HV or armory is not 2x more ! 2 towns at elvenar, the 1st on the level 1 :

squad : 2907
1584285333296.png

squad: 3456
1584285366606.png

Sure the cost is not based on squad size in spire or in the reverse way !
On live with 6 armories and Hero 30, it is not enough !

Edit: i up 2 AWs and the cost does not change, i do not understand how the cost is calculated !

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

supplies aren't an issue for me, PoP spell fix them all.

As for the gold, yeah the more wonders you have the more you are punished.
the first 8 chests of the spire: 550K-550-550-1100-1100-1100-1700

The price for those 8 cests turned out to be 25M coins, al in 1 round of 3 attempts, I did not redo any of them.
I got unlucky and it just asked many times for gold.

Karvest

Edit: i up 2 AWs and the cost does not change, i do not understand how the cost is calculated !
costs are fixed at the moment of spire start. You'll see the difference next week.
It depends not only on AW levels, it includes tech tree progress/provinces finished/etc