• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Elvarian Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlyssesBlue

So if someone wants to get a lot of flags but also wants to get some dailies like wishing wells in the process or additional currency from chests, it's best to shuffle between golden chest and red chest, choosing golden one if possible?
It probably depends on just how many flags you want to get. If you prioritised dailies over everything else, then you're still going to get a lot of flags regardless, just not as many as if you'd used a different method. The red and gold chests are definitely good 'all-rounders' though. The 18-candy wooden chest is fairly decent too. Note: red chest is actually very slightly better than gold chest for daily prizes, and identical efficiency for flags.

If your idea of 'a lot of flags' is just enough to get a fully upgraded grand prize building, then you'll get pretty close with either method if you complete the main questline. The method I would recommend would be to stockpile your candy until a daily prize you like comes up, spend it all on that day by prioritising daily prizes only (i.imgur.com/eapPgQf.jpg), repeat the stockpile-splurge cycle as needed for other daily prizes you like, then once you get about 20 or so days through the event look at how many more upgrade tokens you need and adjust your strategy as needed. You might want to switch to prioritising flags (i.imgur.com/WzwfBnu.jpg) if things look a bit tight, but you might find you're ok, in which case you can stick to prioritising dailies.

Also, if you're in a fellowship that does reasonably well in Adventures, you may also have the opportunity to pick up a further 2 upgrade tokens in the next FA. This means you will eventually get a fully upgraded grand prize if you just pick up 7 upgrade tokens in the event. This should be quite doable if you complete the main questline and only prioritise daily prizes when you pick chests. Again, see how you're doing nearer to the end of the event, and switch to a flag-focuses strategy if needed.

Hope this helps. :)

Jackluyt

No no, after introducing evolving buildings in multiple ammounts - that destroyed whole game.

I play since April 2018 and it never was so negative before, there's a massive ammount of players who left due to game not being slow-paced and peaceful anymore, everything started when they introduced evo buildings. Before it was nice peaceful game full of friendly people and forum communities.

I cannot tell you how glad I was to see the end of Set Buildings - for me they were a total mess: massive and cumbersome and you had to decimate your neat, orderly city architecture to fit them in - only to repeat the process three months later when the next Set arrived!

I really like the Evolving buildings! They are tiny by comparison to the Sets - and you don't run the risk of finishing the event with several pieces still missing as often happened with Event Sets>
I have the Brown Bear which makes some very useful troops even if you never feed it; it produces more troops that a Vallorian Valor of the same size. And I have the Fire Phoenix, which is invaluable in Tournaments.
I ignore all the rest, which for my purposes are pretty mediocre. Perhaps next event will bring something else I can really use - who knows?
:)

Walking

I like the new Dragon Float, but is it common to have two different buildings with the same name?

Arthus

I cannot tell you how glad I was to see the end of Set Buildings - for me they were a total mess: massive and cumbersome and you had to decimate your neat, orderly city architecture to fit them in - only to repeat the process three months later when the next Set arrived!

I really like the Evolving buildings! They are tiny by comparison to the Sets - and you don't run the risk of finishing the event with several pieces still missing as often happened with Event Sets>
I have the Brown Bear which makes some very useful troops even if you never feed it; it produces more troops that a Vallorian Valor of the same size. And I have the Fire Phoenix, which is invaluable in Tournaments.
I ignore all the rest, which for my purposes are pretty mediocre. Perhaps next event will bring something else I can really use - who knows?
:)

I can't respond for this anymore because Scoobydoo is editing posts (censorship).
Just play what they gave you

PrimroseSylvia

Scoobydoo is editing posts to silence players who are not happy with event
This is not Scoobydoo style. Maybe it's your fault, not respecting forum rules?
2. Be polite and constructive

• Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.

palmira

This is not Scoobydoo style. Maybe it's your fault, not respecting forum rules?
Absolutely not her style, I have been quite vocal for instances in the beginning of the spire ( that I started to love as soon as it went FSwide) and I never had a post edited.

I am not thrilled with this event, I will have to have decent tasks in the bonus part ( the 3rd bonus task has been going for 2 days now, explore a province or research 1 technology) just to get 9 artefacts and the daily prizes are not really interesting so far but at least is better then the Christmas one. And we have the spire now for time instants that were the prizes I would go for so I am OK with the event. Not thrilled but OK :)

Alcaro

I was really happy to see the old type of event back but I am not so happy anymore. Having almost every second quest to complete a province or to upgrade a building to/over lvl.16 (without any other option) when I'm in the last chapter isn't something to make me happy. I have left only one scouted province and until I get another one will be days = stuck. I have 2 more buildings to upgrade and no place to put up new ones and start upgrading them = stuck.
Conclusion - this type of quests must not appear this often and must give an alternative.

Jackluyt

I was really happy to see the old type of event back but I am not so happy anymore. Having almost every second quest to complete a province or to upgrade a building to/over lvl.16 (without any other option) when I'm in the last chapter isn't something to make me happy. I have left only one scouted province and until I get another one will be days = stuck. I have 2 more buildings to upgrade and no place to put up new ones and start upgrading them = stuck.
Conclusion - this type of quests must not appear this often and must give an alternative.

Absolutely!
Well said!!

I have small Tournaments-only cities that simply cannot progress in this Event and have to stop.
That is wrong.
Event quests should allow everyone to finish - no matter what their style of play, whether they have over-scouted, whether they choose to advance up the tech tree or stay put in one chapter, etc. etc.
It is odd that the last event's set of quests had ironed all these problems out - or most of them - and now here they are, back again.
:( :(

Maillie

I have small Tournaments-only cities that simply cannot progress in this Event and have to stop.
You have the option to move forward through a lovely chapter called Fairies. Then you only need to do 4 techs in Orcs and build nothing to do so. Advanced Scouts, Portal Site, Squad Size, then Armory Breeding Grounds allows you to collect Orcs every 12 hours forever once your armories are at level 20. I would think that it would be a much better place to stop and make a tournament-only city, since you need Orcs to continue to scout. The more you can scout the more provinces you would have to do tournaments. Dwarves and Fairies don't take forever, like Chapter 15, to get through, and you would never have to do it again. You would then have many more expansions to use also for your event buildings (which would then be able to complete the event quests).

This is just a suggestion.

aliceFalling

this quest is impossible for some players. can't you give an alternative...i have to wait nearly 24 hours now for a province since it's the second time i've got this quest...but if it goes live so many players will-rightfully- give up when this quest rears its head...
impossible quest.jpg

KingCharles

Happy to see the old chest system. It is annoying to have the repeating quest of "Reaserch 1 technology or upgrade 1 Building to level 16 or higher", it is impossible for a level IV or V player to upgrade a building to level16, only level VI player can do so; it spent days to research a technology and a special difficulty to player of level IV who need "complete 75 provinces" as a "Reasearch Technology".

Angedev

since you need Orcs to continue to scout.
It solves the problem only for a while. You still need coins for scouting and you have limited capacity in your main hall. So quest for scouting/completing province still can be impossible for some players :)

Answer is in the statement: tournament-only. So if they are interested only in tournament, why complaining about non being able to do something else?
Because you can get interesting buildings for tournaments (phoenixes, bears...) :)

Lovec Krys

If you count phoenixes & bears into calculation, then the best tournament cities are the most old & advanced at the same time (due to scouted provinces count).
You don't need phoenixes & bears to get 4k points, but you need them to get 10k+ points.

In other words, low chapter tournament only cities are kind of obsolete these days, altough they can be usefull for some FSs which are incapable to do the 10th chests otherwise.

Jackluyt

Answer is in the statement: tournament-only. So if they are interested only in tournament, why complaining about non being able to do something else?

ALL players should be able to take part in Events - irrespective of their game philosophy.
Events are very useful for Filler Items ;like Time Boosters for speed-training troops, as well as Knowledge Points to build strong Ancient Wonders. Denying the ability to participate robs certain players of these useful items.

For someone to say - well you chose to build your city and play a certain way, now it is not our responsibility if you can't do an event quest - that is like an architect who designs a toilet in a public building that is not wheel-chair friendly, and then saying "Well it is not my fault that people are confined to wheel chairs, they will just have to deal with my bad design".

Not a sympathetic attitude at all. And the worst is that after players complained in previous events, last event they came up with a set of quests that might be criticized for being boring and repetitive - but at least that quest set had nothing that was not 'do-able' to every player.

One cannot say the same for the present set - for me it is a giant leap backwards...

Deleted User - 81190

ALL players should be able to take part in Events - irrespective of their game philosophy.
Not sure which higher power bestowed such a right on everyone. Game creators design games according to their game philosophy, allowing for more or less flexibility along the way. That's why we have different games.

For someone to say - well you chose to build your city and play a certain way, now it is not our responsibility if you can't do an event quest - that is like an architect who designs a toilet in a public building that is not wheel-chair friendly, and then saying "Well it is not my fault that people are confined to wheel chairs, they will just have to deal with my bad design".
That's just a bad analogy. Last time I checked, most people don't choose to be disabled, and be confined to a wheelchair. More apt analogy would be this: I choose to walk everywhere on my hands (because reasons), and I find it unacceptable that all the facilities do not have handrails at the ground level - because that's where I would like it for my chosen mode of locomotion. One is still allowed to walk around in such a way, but I don't think architects out there will be catering to that approach any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.