• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

alainemk

Or we end up with an endless part that only gives you 1 ribbon a quest. We aren't asking for suggestions of easy quests, we are asking for suggestions of challenging quests that take up a bit of time and prevent you from doing 100 quest a day.
Part of the quest issue is that there are now 15 chapters making it difficult to design quests that are possible for a beginning player, who you want to hook, but is not boring for an advanced player, that you want to retain. I would like to see, instead of random (that still wind up as repetitive) questline, perhaps 3 different quest lines. One designed for cities in chapters 1-5, a second for cities in chapters 6-10 and a third for cities in chapters 11 and up. The capabilities and needs of cities are very different in the early, mid and late-game stages.

Last edited:

Maillie

We are asked for suggestions. I have one that might make a lot of players happy. Surprise us. Instead of this event as planned, send the live cities a repeat of last year's Holiday event. The only thing to change would be to keep the red bows instead of the light blue snowflakes, they could be a little difficult to find.

Heymrdiedier

We are asked for suggestions. I have one that might make a lot of players happy. Surprise us. Instead of this event as planned, send the live cities a repeat of last year's Holiday event. The only thing to change would be to keep the red bows instead of the light blue snowflakes, they could be a little difficult to find.
nice try, but how about we keep our suggestions realistic. We all know this event is going through, even if we dont like it.
I also give lots of suggestions i know that arent going to happen:
for example give beta players free troops/diamonds each week so they can test stuff.

Deleted User - 82430

[...] for example give beta players free troops/diamonds each week so they can test stuff.
Maby not each week, but when it comes to test for example Spire - I think everybody should get sources "4 free" to test new solutions. And why did I quote "4 free" because - it's not - beta players are doing job 4 free 4 IG - those things should be done by employees of IG and they are being payed 4 it every month.

DeletedUser1953

Sure, doing this event is already useless and your solution is to harderning the event ??!!
1575153915067.png

Sure why chapter -3, if you can ask chapter -1, why not the current chapter for the next event ?!
Do you really think people will buy magic workshop to solve the problem ?

DeletedUser1953

Ok, it seems to work with workshop chapter -3, it is a display bug, this event is very frustrating with the other periodic quest 'Research or Scout" and ...

Deleted User - 81672

The reshuffle "present" is the worst thing about this worst event ever. I had my eyes on a daily prize, I had over 900 ribbons and I still didn't get the prize because of the reshuffle.
Like it has been said here, reshuffle should be made possible only when the daily prize is won.

Jedicris

I've noticed, throughout this thread, references to FoE, I have never played FoE so cannot comprehend the comparisons.
However, I would venture that this is a Marmite situation. Some people like Marmite on their toast, others do not.

Inno have developed two games, one for those who like Marmite on their toast and one for those that don't.
They are now trying to make both games for those that like Marmite and ignore the wishes of those that don't.

Inno, take notice, those who don't like Marmite will go somewhere where it won't be forced down their throats.

Just because it works in one game doesn't mean it will work in the other.

pakko

Best would be to remove the reshuffle from the board and give players control when they want to do the reshuffle. If Inno consider the chance 1:16 too high to get daily price in 1st click then the board can be extended to 4x5 or 5x5. But the daily price should be guaranteed if player spend certain amount of ribbons.

pakko

daily prize was never guaranteed in any event
I'm not sure if this is the right approach. In other games you collect event currency and then you spend it in event shop for what you really want. You don't have to play some stupid kind of lottery to get something. Some may say we play the event for the main reward and the daily prizes are just side bonus. But sometimes the main prize is rubbish (looks to be the case of this event) and so I play such an event just for the dailies.

DeletedUser1163

Okay, after waiting 48 hrs. (2 days) to collect 3 Enchantments from the Magic Academy, I had to Gain a Sack of Supplies. Easily completed that quest but can you guess what the next quest is? I don’t appreciate this game devs. Here we go again. I have to Collect 3 Enchantments from the Magic Academy AGAIN. I used up all my Instant 8 Hour Booster spells to complete this quest. Now I have to Gain a Sack of Supplies. 70,800 to be precise. Finished that quest only to receive Produce fresh Supplies to provide to the inhabitants of your city – 82,600. Completed that quest but now I find I have to Produce fresh Supplies for the local food market. Ugh! Don’t use your supply boosts for this quest because it doesn’t work. You need to produce fresh supplies from your workshops. This is ridiculous! See why random quests are a pain. Events with random quests are not fun and if a game is not fun, I’m off to play another one.

DeletedUser1163

Look at my neighbor’s city. I’m thinking of designing my city to look like this, except I’ll build ALL WORKSHOPS.

City with all Residences.jpg

DeletedUser1163

Does anyone know how to find Treasure Chests? We can aid our fellowship and neighbor's quickly but I can't figure out how to find the treasure chests now.

Deleted User - 60107

You get the chest automatically now - if you find one. It's just as random as before, only you no longer have to look around the other player's city.

slide

yes but the quest also shouldn't be too easy so that you can do 100 of them on 1 day. the challenge is to find quests that keep you busy for a bit and are also fun. If you have suggestions for such quests, we are still open to suggestions of those.
This really amused me, could you explain the element of fun in doing 3 quests, one after the other, which required supplies - the wording was different but the product to fulfil the quest was the same but with differing amounts required; this was then followed with NH x 6; and then 2 quests requiring supplies.

If an event has been described as not having the same quest back to back then we don't expect to have the same product requirement back to back either - where is the fun in collecting supplies, finishing one quest, wait 3 hours, collect more supplies - not enough this time to finish the quest, wait another 3 hours, collect again, finish the quest and oh look!!! I need supplies again but of course I don't have enough to finish the quest.... this isn't fun, this is boring, this is not strategy, this isn't a challenge in how to manage my city while being able to fulfil quests.

I've relayed the information to my FS on live, I've told them to read this whole thread and not just take my word for it... they've looked at Elven Gems and most of them won't bother with it. There are plenty of other games out there and eventually people will go and find them, you need to make this one very interesting and enticing; this event is neither.

Verde

Have been thoroughly enjoying the time of the Winter Event ... not the Winter Event itself but the time during which it is running.
Indicated at the start that I would be skipping it and that's exactly what I've done ... didn't collect the first quest, meaning the evolving building was not collected, have let the very pretty little ribbons continue to decorate the outskirts of the city, didn't pick up a one of them, didn't even spend the 50 we were given as a starting point.

It's been a lovely time concentrating on city building, peaceful and relaxing. It's been even better than normal as there was no danger of a fresh event suddenly starting ... have researched, scouted, built, produced goods/supplies/spells without concern that I might need to conserve something for a pending event/quest. Even had enough time and resources to try out the new multiplayer Spire, as a solo-fellowship, without stress.
Will most likely follow the same approach on live.

So, for anyone finding that things are just a little hectic at this time of year or feeling somewhat in need of a break, it is certainly an option to skip an event. Based on the feedback to the Winter Event, this may be a good candidate.