• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

DeletedUser2818

We do see the concerns about the relatively low chances for the daily reward, but at the same time the suggestion to e.g. make Reshuffle available upon request would have too big an impact on that balancing aspect.
And yet, despite the chances being way more than just "relatively" lower than in previous events, the daily rewards got nerfed too? From 14h to 8h boosters? How does that work? What's the line of thought, exactly? The event is harder, more random, and on top of that it offers less chances at lesser rewards.
So this begs the question: are the devs trolling us? This is not me being snarky as usual, it's a sincere question, mind you.

Ok, so live forums prepare for another storm. If anyone thinks that live players will be more nice for this than beta players, he's mistaken.
At least I hope that the main message has been recieved and this mechanics is used only once and after this it will thrown into the dust bin where it belongs.
>implying they care about live server forums outside of the .de

DeletedUser2630

So we are reconciled in advance with the fact that we are not playing the event - we will only fulfill the tasks as they will do ourselves in the city or with minimal effort. Just if they don't do something to play it strategically, it's better to go to the lotto retirement home.

And storm, I can not do locally here, because there is no freedom of expression. There are two frogs sitting on the spring locally, moderators here are much more reasonable, but again, take it practically, probably even moderator here can not change anything. He's just a volunteer all the time, and even if we believe he'll pass on our suggestions, they'll wipe their butts anyway. So, like cursing right here to the locals is about the same as yelling at the office post office where your package is. But if there is no desire to change the attitude from the post office, then the person sitting at the counter will not do anything about it.

Marindor

Maybe a bit more context would help here: Of course we've seen the overall reaction and feedback to the event mechanics itself, but there's also limited time before the Live release so changing the mechanics completely is not something that can be done at this moment. Of course we will consider the feedback for future events and discuss where we want to go from here, but there's also the "pressing" matter for the current event, so for now it's about finetuning the system that we have as good as possible, indeed without interrupting the game balance.

For the question about the time boosters and the comparison to the last events: Yes, we're much less heavy on giving time boosters in this event, because it turned out we were giving away way too much. You might recall one of the players mentioning last time how they were aiming for the time boosters and by doing so, got more time boosters in return than the quests took, resulting in players literally building more than 15 Bears on their max level without spending 1 diamond. From a company perspective that is of course not a healthy situation so we indeed had to cut back on the time boosters. With the current balance the aim is still to be able to get 1 reward building on a good high level without the need to spend a lot of premium, but we just can't maintain the high numbers of time boosters we gave away in the last event.

DeletedUser3036

can't understand why not just limiting the number of bears at that time If you just want players to have less than a certain number... since this kind of easier choice wasn't made, I'm pretty sure it's not just about a few players getting 15 bears, right ? :rolleyes:

my time booster gives me more flexibility to up my city, not to get more GP, that's just treating every players on the same level as those few who took a lot of their time playing their events.

It's not a bad thing to give some candy to the players to get the players' loyalty. Just an extension as a christmas gift for example (there's almost 40 premium extension, it wouldn't hurt the company that much, would it ?). Seriously, if we get a little sugar cane unicorn this year, it would be even more disappointing than last year since we can make them in the academy now.

This game's development makes me remember some solo rpg game making where you have to consider the player's level at each section of the game, limited the gain he can have, adjust the foes, the equipment... may as well go grind some ff game then.

Karvest

With the current balance the aim is still to be able to get 1 reward building on a good high level without the need to spend a lot of premium, but we just can't maintain the high numbers of time boosters we gave away in the last event.
With current balance it's not even a matter of time boosters, but amount of wasted provinces per mediocre grand prize. No one sane would try to get many of them with current implementation of "endless" part of quests, even if amount of time boosts in prizes would stay the same as in previous event, + you need much more time boosters per grand prize this time.

Verde

Maybe a bit more context would help here: Of course we've seen the overall reaction and feedback to the event mechanics itself, but there's also limited time before the Live release so changing the mechanics completely is not something that can be done at this moment. Of course we will consider the feedback for future events and discuss where we want to go from here, but there's also the "pressing" matter for the current event, so for now it's about finetuning the system that we have as good as possible, indeed without interrupting the game balance.
In the end, it's still about offering an event that people want to play, or they simply won't, and if they don't play it, then they won't spend diamonds on it.
An event in all it's aspects ... challenge/prizes/sense of achievement/fun ... needs to actually attract players, not discourage and frustrate them.
Good to hear that the feedback will be considered for future events and possibly have some influence on future direction.

For this event, it may now, unfortunately, simply be too late.
There was a copious amount of feedback given, suggestions made, all early in the event, when there may still have been time to make larger adjustments.
Given the limited time remaining and the limited changes that can therefore be made 'without interrupting the game balance', also the significant negative press the event has already received, it seems optimistic to expect that further finetuning at this stage will have much impact.

DeletedUser2781

You might recall one of the players mentioning last time how they were aiming for the time boosters and by doing so, got more time boosters in return than the quests took, resulting in players literally building more than 15 Bears on their max level without spending 1 diamond.

It is not the debt of the players that Innos developement crew is not able to simulate its events before going to beta. And at autumn zodiac you could have seen on first view which way it would go. I cannot imagine that these guys are so bad in maths that they cannot recognize this before. I mean, one player even forcasted this scenario in the feedback thread. It was described, that the thing with time boosts would be more efficiently than in mermaids. Do you really read all posts? At the latest after this post you would have to understand it.
It seems to be laziness.

The same laziness which gave us in three successive events the identical selection of chest. That it does not work to copy the same chest/prize system on a new quest system u should have learned in mermaids. But instead of reforming the chest/prize system you made the same fault in autumn zodiac again, ok, let's say the balancing was even worse.

Bad thing, that the last 2 events disbalanced the whole game extremely.
With better preparation by taking some more time to play it through on your own in an accelerated simulation for example you could have avoided this devasting developement for the game in whole.
In your eyes time is money, why test an event sufficiently?
But quality needs time. Great balancing needs time. If u are not ready to present us a good balanced event, do not expect from your players to pay for it.

The same with "Winter Magic 2019". The first disappointment was the title - a copy from "Winter Magic 2018", second disappointment is that it is another copy paste event, this time from FoE. Third disappointment is the Evolving Building - a copy from mermaids.

Well Inno, perhaps put more effort in the event preparation. Things like the missing balacing or the incorrect information in several quests make me feel that the last events did not even go beyond the alpha state. We do not need mass of half finished events.

Maillie

With the current balance the aim is still to be able to get 1 reward building on a good high level without the need to spend a lot of premium, but we just can't maintain the high numbers of time boosters we gave away in the last event.
The game started 11 days ago. I just now got my 2nd Evolve for it. If I can only get it to level 4 or 5 it makes no sense to move something out of my city and replace it with this. I'm one of the basically unlucky ones that gets the worst possible quests over and over and over, so I'm not expecting to get much further with this. My expectations are that every couple of days I'll get a single kp, or maybe two, because someone got 10 bears, and some people got too many time boosts. I've already received the "2 KP" prize, along with the "3 marble relic" prize. I missed the "1 KP" prize, someone else was lucky enough to get that.

DeletedUser3003

I had said that autumn event was the worst of all.
I was wrong....
THIS is the WORST EVENT EVER!
Thank you team Elvenar for this Christmas gift.

Deleted User - 81190

The event is harder, more random, and on top of that it offers less chances at lesser rewards.
So this begs the question: are the devs trolling us?
So... happy holidays? ;)

But the trolling is across the board. I mean, in 13 daily prizes so far we've got two unicorns already. Yeah, unicorns. There is a good chance that on those days crappy filler prize buildings will be actually better than the dailies. SMH...

Lovec Krys

@Dony
So far they didn't do much. If they keep the same pace, the event will remain almost untouched from it's original state.

@Marindor
I wonder how much resources did it costs for that player to get so many, unless he was extremely lucky for quests. Doing so many quests is not only about time instants, but also about other resources as well (CC's and scouted provinces are not unlimited).

If you refuse to give us control over reshufle, at least give us better chance to get the daily prize (unless it's your intent to greatly nerf the number of daily prizes we can get (from the pre-mermaids levels)) by either lowering the number of "gift"'s boxes or by adding second daily prize there (you can remove that cultural garbage no one wants for example).

I do not care about the Gingerbread Mansion garbage. I wouldn't built it even if I got it fully evolved for free.
For what reason would I built that building anyway?
Population? - Even normal Residence provides much more population per square that fully evolved Gingerbread Mansion.
Culture? - There's nothing more abundant that culture in end game chapters, almost no one builds pure culture building in end game cities.
KP instants? - Not enough for building 4x4 building in my city. Ancient monuments are more efficient per square than this.
T2 Goods? - Not enough to build it for them. Not to mention that end game players are in desperate needs of expired goods and seeds - not T2 goods.
The building is simply far from being worth the space it occupies (unfortunatelly that's what's common for most evolving buildings, they are simply too weak).

DeletedUser2710

This might be an unpopular point, but I really want to raise the question if Inno should not stop to offer "power" items (like the phoenix or the bears) as main rewards. This just leads to a power creep destroying the game balance in the long run (which is anyhow not a strong point of Inno).
If the grand prizes are mainly cosmetic (maybe new skins for existing buildings) it wouldnt pose a problem if people win "too many"..

Dony

King of Bugs
With better preparation by taking some more time to play it through on your own in an accelerated simulation for example you could have avoided this devasting developement for the game in whole.
thats not true at all, you cant compare creativity of millions of players with few developers, you can be sure if they knew that this would happen, they would change it long time ago even before it had reach beta

DeletedUser2781

thats not true at all, you cant compare creativity of millions of players with few developers, you can be sure if they knew that this would happen, they would change it long time ago even before it had reach beta

Finishing WS quests with time boosts does not require much creativity. And as I told you before, one player described what would happen long before event start on live server. So Inno does not even have to be creative enough for this, they just have to read.

Dony

King of Bugs
Finishing WS quests with time boosts does not require much creativity. And as I told you before, one player described what would happen long before event start on live server. So Inno does not even have to be creative enough for this, they just have to read.
and as i said many times, only data after it ends, shows true numbers, not what some random player says

Heymrdiedier

honestly, i think i would loose interest in this game very fast, if i managed to win 10 brown bears or fire phoenix. IT might be a thrill winning them, but it would make the game too boring fast since everything would be too easy.
Its like using cheat codes for this game, whats the fun in that?