• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Winter Magic

CrazyWizard

I hate this event,

My main issue are the new prize mechanics,
I totally understand the problem with timeboosters.

In the previous event I expected to loose most of my 157 days of time boosters, but instead I gained a lot.
So if the aquiring of time boosters would have been adjusted (for example 1x 1h booster in chest 18, 1x5h booster in chest 85, 5 1h boosters as daily prize intstead of 30, 1 14h booster instead of 4*20, and 1 8h instead of 4*14. I would have totally agreed with those changes.

Instead we now have presents, while themewise I like it, the result is now that there is absolute no control anymore about approx how many daily prizes you could aquire. it's now extremly random and based on pure luck.
You open 75% of the boxes and instead of hitting the daily you hit the shuffle resulting in a mayor loss without gains. on the other hand you can get a double on your first hit and a daily on your second, resulting it a high rate.

Off course you could argue that a similar thing could happen with the chest/orbs system from earlier, but the main difference is the amound of cycles you can hit, by hitting many cycles you can "control" the outcome to a certain extend. simply explained more runs even out the odds

but this time we cant do anything, we can't shuffle at will nor can we not shuffle at will. therefore we have 0 control over how many cycles of present we can do with an x amount of currency, and if that cyle will even yield a prize we desire (daily)
While the overall numers (big data) should be ok, the problem will be more within the macro numbers.(player)

With any type of random you could be extremely unlucky, thats random, but with this system the amount of player that will be extremely unlucky will be much bigger.
Lets be fair if I know that spending x$ on an event will yield me practically y prizes I can justify the purchase, if I am unlucky the number will be slightly lower and if I am lucky higher, but with this change I could spend x$ and get completly nothing out of it.

For this reason I hope that for the next event we either go back to the former (with fixes to time boosters) or a new way to deal with it.
Because currently I totally hate it.

CrazyWizard

about 9 dailys, thats what i remember from event a year/2 years ago ago? i remember many of us going for the winter garden back then and the average was about 10 of them. Some got lucky and managed to get 15 or so but that was about it.

so it looks like the prizes are finally back at the desired (from inno perspective) amount. about 10 dailys, about 9 artifacts. If you want more, you should spend diamonds.

Im sorry to say, but if you expect to get more, then you're dreaming.

totally fine with that, as said my main issue is simple that I can't guarantee those numbers anymore. off course those 9 artefacts will be more or less, but I am more troubled with the daily's which could be just as easily be 2 or 25.
This is where I am concerned. this by far is the most "random" system we have see so far.

Deleted User - 82430

the system of lottery should look like this:
(with 3 always visible boxes)
x.png

I think that would do the trick.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2781

Ok, i reflected the event for my point of view and I can say:

1. The Quests

1a) Regular Questline:

In my optinion ok, good to play but too one-sided because of too many "collect goods" quests.

1b) Extra Questline (20 Ribbons):

This questline is really great to play. Quest are much more varied and are really making fun. Great work!

But: You really should take out these hurdles with scouting or complete a province without an option that is potentially unlimited doable for everybody (e.g. collect relicts, Gain Vision Vapors, Gain Enchantments).
Buy KP quests are critical too.
I really enjoy doing these event quests and I think that endless quests are a great improvement. But if there are these hurdle quests, especially as endgamer (but this concernes any other player too), I can do like 15 circles and then I am done. I could invest plenty of time boosts but then i am finally done in the next event.
I invested dias in magical workshops to be able to do more WS Produktions. And now I shall not be able to continue a nice event because of such a chicane? And in future events this will go on and on? Ok, that is no fun, then I rather quit playing elvenar. Events are the main reason for me to play this game this time.
So, please, shut down these hurdles.
Didn`t you decrease the amount of ribbons/quest to make it impossible to get 10+ Full Evolved buildings? No matter für hurdles anymore, don't you agree in this point? By the way, you still took these quests out last event for this reason, why you bring them back now?

2. Amount of ribbons

2a) Regular Questline: It seems well balanced. You can get one lvl 10 Evolved Building by finishing regular quests.

2b) Extra Questline: 20 ribbons seem to be low, but the quests seem to be good to play so far (except the mentioned hurdle quests) and it was the goal to reduce the flood of lvl 10 Evolving Buildings. I think 20 ribbons/quest are justified (but I would not have a problem with 25 or 30 ;-)
Seems to be a good compromise for players who love playing endless quests without a further inflation of prized of all kind.

3. The gift system

I like, that it does not need as long to spend many ribbons as it did for rolling the chests.
All in all, I can live with this system. But you should lower the number of gifts from 16 --> e.g. 12 as other people still suggested before.
It feels really like "what, are you serious? still half of the gifts closed?"

I really enjoy your events for about 2 years. I like your engagement in making this game always a bit more fun for us and I hope you account my suggestion for this event.

Best regards

Vance

justpeeking

There are 3 large segments, 30-79,80-129,130-179. 80-129 asks for ~x1.5 times more than 30-79, 130-179 asks for ~x2 times more than 30-79. Endless segment probably ask x3 times more than 30-79 (got only T1 production quest yet, asking x3 times more).
Thank you for the info. Can you provide specific amounts of supply for level 14 and 15 for the 30-79 segment? I have only a level2 town here at beta, but it would be great to see what we will face on live worlds. Thanks again.

Heymrdiedier

totally fine with that, as said my main issue is simple that I can't guarantee those numbers anymore. off course those 9 artefacts will be more or less, but I am more troubled with the daily's which could be just as easily be 2 or 25.
This is where I am concerned. this by far is the most "random" system we have see so far.
im not saying i like this event type, i also didnt like it in FoE.
I hope this stays with only xmas event (out of the 6 events a year).
but as far as prizes go, i think the amount of them gained are sufficient. now if those prizes are worth it, i dont think so. Not a single daily i go wild for that would lure me to spend diamonds on it. So i think we are going in the right direction, but we're not there yet. (at least if the point is that inno makes money out of events)

DeletedUser3121

I just started here in Beta a few weeks ago, as I wanted to see what was coming to the live worlds & maybe have a say about it. I am in chapter 2, about halfway thru research,the amount of ribbons required to open a present is way too much for a new city. the quests like buy 10 knowledge points at 14,000 coins a piece is way too high for a new city, so there is where I stopped. The amount of ribbons you get for each quest are not very many. From what I have seen of the prizes I probably won't be doing this one in my Main World.

DeletedUser2818

The "Scout 1 Province OR Research 1 Technology" from the bonus part has to go, or to get VV as an alternative, otherwise endgame players will have no chance at all at doing anything significant with a segment that's ironically intended for them. That, and many other quests involving the completion of provinces, solving of encounters, scouting and researching. Otherwise the point of having "endless quests" becomes rather moot, given that endgame players will become stuck on it... and by the looks of it, way before managing to reach the bonus segment (that'll depend on the whims of the RNG, which is a horrible idea), so the "endless" part is not actually endless.

Dony

King of Bugs
The "Scout 1 Province OR Research 1 Technology" from the bonus part has to go, or to get VV as an alternative, otherwise endgame players will have no chance at all at doing anything significant with a segment that's ironically intended for them. That, and many other quests involving the completion of provinces, solving of encounters, scouting and researching. Otherwise the point of having "endless quests" becomes rather moot, given that endgame players will become stuck on it... and by the looks of it, way before managing to reach the bonus segment (that'll depend on the whims of the RNG, which is a horrible idea), so the "endless" part is not actually endless.
i see it as an illusion, so they can say we have endless segment, but in reality you need to log to the game once per 5 days when scout finishes and are done for next 5 days, activity has no place in this system, its not rewarding or satisfying or anythig close to it

Heymrdiedier

The "Scout 1 Province OR Research 1 Technology" from the bonus part has to go, or to get VV as an alternative, otherwise endgame players will have no chance at all at doing anything significant with a segment that's ironically intended for them.

Inno in case you wanna know why we are always negative and threaten to quit the game, this is why: it gets so tiresome to have to give the same feedback every single time. Of course we get the feeling that inno doesnt listen to our feedback...
So get rid of that "scout or research" when there is no alternative to that quest, and this time, please change it forever!

Deleted User - 81190

Otherwise the point of having "endless quests" becomes rather moot
The point of endless quests became moot when they attached 20 ribbons value to them - so you won't not getting much in a way of rewards for doing those. Unless, of course, you just enjoy completing quests just for the sake of it. On my personal list of things I like to do this ranks right up there with sticking fingers in the door jamb and repeatedly slamming the door ;)

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that we are still reading your feedback. At the moment there is not much news to share though, but we're still forwarding it and it's been looked at together with the game statistics and performance to see if any further changes should be made or not for this particular event. Like someone said above: balance wise it's still possible to get the reward building at a high enough level without premium spending, which was one of our goals, so in that regard it seems that the balancing in terms of the grand prizes is about where we want it to be, from a design perspective. We do see the concerns about the relatively low chances for the daily reward, but at the same time the suggestion to e.g. make Reshuffle available upon request would have too big an impact on that balancing aspect. So long story short: Please do keep forwarding your findings and know that we keep monitoring everything to see if further changes are needed before this event launches on Live.

DeletedUser3036

so if there's still modifications to do, it won't comes out till next week I guess ?

DeletedUser140

Just letting you know that we are still reading your feedback. At the moment there is not much news to share though, but we're still forwarding it and it's been looked at together with the game
starting today evening I have a few other and easier quests, before this I could fulfill one or highest two a day, but for today I have complete four or five within a hour and tatatataaaaaaaaaa I have received the building today
Thank you, it's much better!

And @Marindor Thank you for your work and feedback :)

DeletedUser2781

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that we are still reading your feedback. At the moment there is not much news to share though, but we're still forwarding it and it's been looked at together with the game statistics and performance to see if any further changes should be made or not for this particular event. Like someone said above: balance wise it's still possible to get the reward building at a high enough level without premium spending, which was one of our goals, so in that regard it seems that the balancing in terms of the grand prizes is about where we want it to be, from a design perspective. We do see the concerns about the relatively low chances for the daily reward, but at the same time the suggestion to e.g. make Reshuffle available upon request would have too big an impact on that balancing aspect. So long story short: Please do keep forwarding your findings and know that we keep monitoring everything to see if further changes are needed before this event launches on Live.

Dear Marindor,

in like 7 of 9 post before your post we beg for a real endless quest system because we love to play quests for more than 7 days without getting stuck for next 5 days and then after these 5 days for another 5 days. This event lasts about 4 weeks and we wish to be able to go for ribbons for more than one week.
You do not mention this issue in any word. Can we suppose this point is not for discussion?

I hope for this game that the main goal is not to get sure that players can get exactly 1 Gingerbread Mansion.
Actually everybody can get one of this colorful candy house with "regular quests". We all know.

I hope your goal is to make sure that your players will have a nice event. Many will not with said quests like scout etc. (I am tired still have to mention this).

I repeat myself but - after mermaids you promised to find a way out of this. Now you took 2 actions - low ribbons/quest and high level mans and WS`s. Once again, why take many players the pleasure away with these quests?
Are you so frightened of some players getting more than1 or 2 Mansions? I promise, most of us do not play for the Grand Prizes. Demand more bricks then after 20 Grand Prizes, whatever. In past you could do this too.
Why not reward players who like to put more effort into this game than others.

Best regards

Vance

Lovec Krys

Ok, so live forums prepare for another storm. If anyone thinks that live players will be more nice for this than beta players, he's mistaken.
At least I hope that the main message has been recieved and this mechanics is used only once and after this it will thrown into the dust bin where it belongs.

DeletedUser3036

french forum is always ready to pick up a storm, rather fiercely x'D