• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Deleted User - 81190

You loose a lot of supplies if you produce toolboxes instead of advanced tools, PoP helps to workaround this, but only if you are not already using PoP all the time.
From other side most advanced players wouldn't wait these 24 hours and use time instants, so get even more supplies than without this quest... I don't think FA worth spending instants, tho
For the last 3 weeks I have only collected from my 5 leveled WS when there was a quest to do so, and I am still hitting the supply cap ;) There is also a crapton of supply instants from chests, but I am not even touching that at all.

Karvest

Then you have more workshops than you need for your city in out-of-event life. Or you play casual style, logging in once-twice a day. Or used time instants as I noted before

Ashrem

I feel like we aren't speaking the same language.

You don't have to need the supplies to be running under PoP constantly. If your PoP spells are so prolific that you can't use them up, and you already get so many fragments that they have no value as fragments, why not use them constantly and convert the excess to goods in the wholesaler?

Deleted User - 81190

Then you have more workshops than you need for your city in out-of-event life. Or you play casual style, logging in once-twice a day. Or used time instants as I noted before
Sure, I can run with zero workshops for supplies. This would make current event format... difficult ;)

Karvest

You don't have to need the supplies to be running under PoP constantly. If your PoP spells are so prolific that you can't use them up, and you already get so many fragments that they have no value as fragments, why not use them constantly and convert the excess to goods in the wholesaler?
Why waste your city space for WS if their production is used only for wholesaler? There are much more useful things you can build instead.

Ashrem

Why waste your city space for WS if their production is used only for wholesaler? There are [things I consider] much more useful things you can build instead.
FTFY.

Because I am playing my game, and you are playing your game, and people who want to run with PoP constantly are playing their game. Fortunately, none of us gets to decide the right way to play for anyone else.

Deleted User - 81190

Why waste your city space for WS if their production is used only for wholesaler? There are much more useful things you can build instead.
Ah, who doesn't like overly broad generalizations? ;) OK, I'll bite:

- There is nothing that I can build in that space that would offset loss of event rewards (close to zero rewards without leveled WS), so
- I need leveled WS during events, and
- Events are on considerable amount of time throughout a year, and
- In order to keep on-event / off-event setup, I'll need 5 teleports for workshops (and more if I want to move out pop as well) + likely more for the "better" stuff that is in place of workshops - that is, if I can even teleport that "better" stuff, or
- Alternatively, I can rebuild 5 leveled WS, which takes a long, long time without a TON of timeboosts - and this still leaves a problem of moving the "better" stuff out; which means
- Yeah, my WS are here to stay

On top of that, what would be that elusive "better" stuff?

- It can't be expiring buildings, because I will need my WS back for events, and I can't drain expiring buildings in the short time between events, and I can't teleport them
- Any non-standard buildings will need to be teleported out, which will need a ton of teleports for the short period of time they can be useful
- Being at the end game, the only regular stuff that is even remotely useful would be regular goods producers (for tournaments)
- Rebuildings manufactories takes a long time, so again, useful period where they contribute is fairly short; not rebuilding requires teleports again (see above)
- Given costs of tournament catering at the end game, any temporary incremental goods production has very marginal impact on the end result
- And so my WS are staying put where they are, even though I don't really need them for supplies

Which brings us full circle to where we started - that with 1d productions you're losing a lot of supplies vs 3h productions. While it is true that sustained output of 3h production is higher, it is irrelevant as long as your production meets your needs. Excess supply production is worthless. By the same token sustained production of 5min productions is higher than 3h ones, but I don't see a lot of people optimizing in that direction.

And I am sure that there are some people who use every supply that comes out of non-stop 3h WS productions with PoP applied and culture maxed out, and as such will struggle if they had to live with toolbox productions, this by no means is applicable to everyone. And really, if an advanced player can't last less than a week that FA is on 4 times a year or so on supply instants from events alone, WTH are the doing during the events NOT to sit on bazillion of supply instants?

Lovec Krys

@MinMax Gamer Well, the level requirement for workshops is a new thing, it wasn't required until recent event. So lot's of players had very low amount of workshops, since they wasn't needed.
With other events probably needing the extra workshops, players are forced now to have more of them.

My opinion about using this level requirement in the FA too is that it will greatly increase gap between FS using special cities and normal FS.
They will simply use lower chapter cities, where you can build 30/50 workshops, while it's impossible to build so many workshops in advanced cities. Moreover, I think, that most FS will be simply forced to use the easest route only in all rounds because of this.

ps: Once upon a time I had used the 5 min option for my workshops, later I switched to 15 min, 1hr and today I mostly use 3hr (1 hr if I my supplies are too low even with PoP spells).

Karvest

If nothing would be changed tomorrow - it will be
1573062303891.png