• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Dr. Freakenspleen

DeletedUser1163

In as much as I enjoy reading and responding to the conversations on the forum, if I want to be able to spend diamonds on these events, I need to get to work. My turn carpooling my coworkers. Maybe I can convince the people I work with and my writing class to join Elvenar. If anything, it will help them hone their writing skills.

Elvenar players, don’t be afraid to voice your concerns and complaints about Elvenar. If it wasn't for all our complaints, the game devs would not have improved the game as much as they have. They definitely need to work on improving the quest lines after the Autumn Zodiac Event fiasco. Our comments are very important. Just be civil so certain players do not give you bad behavior points.

DeletedUser2236

I presume the rush to get people to the end is to increase the amount of people producing and trading the sentient goods.

DeletedUser1163

I presume the rush to get people to the end is to increase the amount of people producing and trading the sentient goods.
But to do this at the risk of losing a lot of players who don't want to rush through the chapters is not a smart thing to do.

Karvest

Sitting in orcs for 2 years is much more than "don't want to rush", it's more like "want to stay forever". Also after all this scooting for 2 years in orcs you should be able to do relics/tourney encounters/etc quests fairly easy, cause your city should be much bigger and AWs be much stronger than average player can have in orcs.

DeletedUser1163

Sitting in orcs for 2 years is much more than "don't want to rush", it's more like "want to stay forever". Also after all this scooting for 2 years in orcs you should be able to do relics/tourney encounters/etc quests fairly easy, cause your city should be much bigger and AWs be much stronger than average player can have in orcs.
If you're referring to me, I have not been sitting in the Orcs chapter for 2 years. Some of my friends have and SO WHAT? That's their choice.

DeletedUser1163

Some of my friends want to know how I got myself stuck on the tech tree. By overindulging using Portal Spells that’s how. Be careful using those spells. I need 2500 Loot to complete research and already have 2300 Loot available. The Orcs just need to go on Raids and bring back 200 more Loot. Unfortunately, the Orc Portal Site only holds 2300 Loot. Because I used too many portal spells, I’m stuck on the tech tree. The only way out of this conundrum is to upgrade the Orc Portal Site by gathering an additional 25,204 Hardshrooms and 207 additional Debris. Ugh!
Research.jpg

DeletedUser1163

I must say the Dr. Freakenspleen event wasn’t that difficult but it’s going to be close finishing the last few quests. I’m up to “Solve 50 Tournament Encounters or Solve 10 Encounters”. After scouting for over 2 days, I’ll have 3 days left to complete the event. The last quest is to “Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor”. As soon as my scout returns, I have to send out another one right away.

Or I’ll feed my Phoenix… egg (he still hasn’t hatched) to increase the damage my units do in battle by 5% and try to complete 50 Tournament Encounters. This should take less time than scouting. But look at the Tournament Battle screen. What happened?

Combat Screen.JPG

DeletedUser1163

Has anyone seen this error message appear while they are fighting in the tournaments and knows what it means? I can only autobattle because there's something wrong with the graphic display of units on the Tournament battlefield.
Battle screen Error.JPG

I think I solved that error message problem. All I needed to do was collect the units waiting in the Barracks. Nope. Thought that solved the error message but the error is still appearing. I wonder if it could be caused by the bears, the brown bear giving us more units.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde

Just reached the last Enchantments quest and the actual quest wording is 'Collect 6 enchantment items from the Magic Academy'. Does anyone know, do they actually need to be collected 'from the Magic Academy' or do they count if collected from any source i.e. NH visits or Tourney?

DeletedUser1163

@Lovec Krys Thank you for the advice. I should have built more Mushroom Farms and Rally Points. When I finally move on to the Woodelves, I'll build hundreds of whatever they need. When the Orcs decide to leave, I'll have plenty of land space to build.

lika1961

I really tried to give this event a fair shake, but when I got another "solve x encounters" today, I actually looked at the quest list. To complete the quests without doing tournament or Spire encounters you would need to do 33 encounters.That is 4 provinces. For an event with a not so fantastic prize building. Really? I am definitely not having fun in this new style of event.

DeletedUser2579

Please see the announcement of this year's Halloween Quest Line Event here and let us know what you think about it.
I don't know, is Dr F'nSpleen The Holloween Quest? If so, not so much. Buy 13 KP not connected. Bought 7, none registered in quest. Also, any spire past 1st 3 you can keep, Why? They require diamonds, thieves.

aliceFalling

well...clearly the new devs have decided what's "good for us"...cough

still, at least the events weren't random...i despise the random quests...so thank you for that.

DeletedUser3054

They remove the main reason why I play this game on the 3 world and the beta, without really realizing what they are doing.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Hey, do you like to be punished for the success of those who buy?
Me neither. and you did not even have a lot to start with? Well, a lot of Elvenar players could be in this boat among others. I do it because I always put fair offers, this game I do it to have a pretty city if it is to be forced to put this or that building or is the freedom to play. In addition if they make this system for the adventures it will be almost impossible to do I will not put 10 trios boosts or more than 10 workshops so they had not to do unlimited quests to complicate things to do there who have bragged to have 5 sirens at level 10 what is it for ???
IT he will do a breeding bear or sirene ?????
I could tolerate my cities becoming a mess for an event or Feloship adeventure. It ended and I was able to rebuild effectively. Then comes the requirement of huge inefficient and useless buildings for event quests.
Well, I thought, I was playing a lot at the arrow, I would teleport huge useless and ineffective buildings. And now, with the accelerated pace of events that in addition lasts for some 25 days, it seems to me that I have to manage an entire city all year to end an event without thinking about the felloship adventure that will it give you a Horror you imagine yourself having to place 3x each level required serious. Do not do it.
I'm going to stop playing all over your world and if many do as I do, I will lose the player censorship of the game seems the only solution. Even if they change their mind, I might have found a better game and I would not want to start again. So be it, plan an effective city, maximize space was my greatest pleasure, and now I have to organize a crappy city week after week to participate in an event.humbug :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1906

I'm on beta to test new features, including events. So on beta I will likely play all the events, FA's, etc. However this event was boring and the prizes were just ok. This means that I will be opting out of this event when it hits live servers with all 3 of my cities there. I would rather progress in the game, build my cities, and enjoy the guest races that are residing in my cities currently. Especially in my biggest city, as chapter 15 was just released, and I have wanted for a new chapter for a while now.

Inno is making us choose. City building or event participation. There is something (supply/production challenge, FA, Mini-event, or month-long event) happening nearly every day in Elvenar.

My advice: BE PICKY!! Pick and choose the events you want to participate in. You don't have to play every event. Ignore them, build your city.

For me in live worlds, I will be ignoring mini-events and supply/production challenges unless the main prizes scream "MUST HAVE" to me. I will also be barely participating in FA's unless my Fellowship is going hard on them (like a 10chest push in a tournament). I largely ignore The Spire now, but tournaments are a must every week. But I adore the month-long seasonal events that happen 4 times a year.

I am not worried about the quests asking for a certain level workshop/factory. That does not bother me as much as the sheer number of events and stuff happening constantly. Maybe if enough people ignore events they will do less of them, or make the prizes better to entice us to play more events (or up the amount of time we spend on this game).

Lovec Krys

month-long seasonal events that happen 4 times a year.
Actualy the long events are now 6 times per year (=every other month) (I'm ok with that)

I am not worried about the quests asking for a certain level workshop/factory.
On the contrary, I am. I hate doing toolboxes on high level workshops.
And the existance of expired goods is the only thing that protects us against doing 24/48h quests in our high level manufactories (which I would hate even more than toolboxes).

My advice: BE PICKY!! Pick and choose the events you want to participate in.
I agree, that's why I decided to skip this quest line in all my cities, building should be much better for the required work (= something unique, not something average).