• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

Richord

IDEA:
when it's time for the pit; can we get an hover-function in the cityscreen, so we don't have to enter the FA screen to find out which pit we have?
I like that 2nd FA-chat idea as well
Different option:
The FA icon shows with stars in which stage we are; there is place for 3 stars, so also 3 mini icons...? --> the three currently needed for the pit?

Even better; make them green (=completely empty) orange (=partially filled) or red (=full)

DeletedUser1462

There was an issue (on a live server) during the last adventure. On mobile, after collecting all the workshops, I would select all the workshops and set the same production. The workshops would appear to have started the production but after launching the app again, some were still idle. It would take 3-4 times to refresh the app in order to get them all to start production. Did anyone else notice that?
Or when I would do the "open workshop-set production-move to the next-set production-next-set production" (the workshops were in a row, right next to each other), it would jump to some other row or random workshop somewhere else in the city.
When doing the "select all", does the app take into account when you built that workshop?
What do I need to do in order to successfully set the same production in all workshops without having to relaunch the app to see if it worked?

Karvest

don't switch to other app/close it too fast, starting production take some time, if app would be suspended/closed during it - it would fail.
Also on live servers even browser client sometimes go out of sync and queue your input without server accepting it. You can gather goods/start production/move buildings and then notice after reload that all your efforts are wasted. To check, whether production is actually started/goods gathered you should look at blimps at the top of the window (not over the buildings). If you see blimps there - all is ok, if no - game need refresh. Sad that it's not working for WS production start, since it doesn't consume any resources and therefore doesn't show any blimps.

DeletedUser2576

don't switch to other app/close it too fast, starting production take some time, if app would be suspended/closed during it - it would fail.
Also on live servers even browser client sometimes go out of sync and queue your input without server accepting it. You can gather goods/start production/move buildings and then notice after reload that all your efforts are wasted. To check, whether production is actually started/goods gathered you should look at blimps at the top of the window (not over the buildings). If you see blimps there - all is ok, if no - game need refresh. Sad that it's not working for WS production start, since it doesn't consume any resources and therefore doesn't show any blimps.
i think i read somewhere that this is fixed and starting all workshops does not take 30+ seconds to start

edit: found it:
Workshops - When simultaneously starting a high amount of workshop productions at once, certain errors could occur, causing the production to start with a slight delay or not at all if the screen was turned off before everything was processed. This will no longer happen.

Sounds like they moved away from request-chaining (sending multiple requests) to changing the api so you can actually start multiple at once with 1 request.

Karvest

I'm not talking about 30sec delay, with high ping network even single request can fail to be processed if app is killed during it, especially on mobile.
But yeah, if there is only one request now - you'll either see all WS started or not, but not partially. (too lazy to check what's actually going on on mobile:rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Richord

IDEA:
when it's time for the pit; can we get an hover-function in the cityscreen, so we don't have to enter the FA screen to find out which pit we have?
I like that 2nd FA-chat idea as well
Different option:
The FA icon shows with stars in which stage we are; there is place for 3 stars, so also 3 mini icons...? --> the three currently needed for the pit?

Even better; make them green (=completely empty) orange (=partially filled) or red (=full)
The above+

Why not make FA less bad by asking for badges from high lvl workshops and high lvl bonus T1 (not the other 2 T1's)?

less bad=more fair compared to minicity with 30 workshops or big city with much empty space

Lovec Krys

@Richord That would only make things worse not better (for live servers, since they know in advance FA's comming). Because it would encourage FA's to use specialy designed cities even more than today.
And don't forget the T1 24/48h production problem - no way to do them with high chapter city (fortunatelly, otherwise I would refuse to set my manufactories to 24 or 48 hrs).
And even 3/9h requires all three T1 types - do you have high level of them in your city?
No, without a complete overhaul of FA's badges, that's simply not possible.

Last edited:

Lelanya

The above+

Why not make FA less bad by asking for badges from high lvl workshops and high lvl bonus T1 (not the other 2 T1's)?

less bad=more fair compared to minicity with 30 workshops or big city with much empty space
How would this allow new players to participate?

Richord

read message again @Lovec Krys ; no other 2 T1's.
But you're right too; we'd need different kind of badges.
Designed cities? Well; do you want a city with 20 high lvl workshops?
and if some do make those cities; ban them for abusing the game.

@Lelanya high lvl=relative. high means; current or last chapter (for example)

and another option:
make badge fragments:
every (eg) 3 chapters; a workshop had a certain fragment value.
production in chapter 1-3=1/5 of a badge\
production in chapter 4-6=2/5 of a badge
etc
until 13-15 = 5/5=1 badge

are you in chapter 7?
then:
1-3 = 1/3 of a badge
4-6 = 2/3
7-9 = 3/3

etc.

even though this discourages cheaters, i think it's impossible to implement....

Richord

I know, but not being able to get into the top10 in a normal/fair way (IF EVER the rewards get better), is also not what i'd want.

Lovec Krys

@Richord But doing quests with your main workshops doesn't solve this. They can still use specially designed high level city with 20+ workshops, or even low level chapter city with lv1 workshops, while we will have to create badges with our 5 high level workshops.

Richord

yeah, it is unfair for those with honor.
Clear solution?
Very hard to create...
Just keep doing suggestions and somebody with too much time can put it together and make the best proposal for change.
Changing members to players with such FA-cities; rephrase the rules and make this impossible.
solution (not really, but still a nice thought): make quests for 1day; 3x3 9h sentient (depending on chapter; eg 9xmoonstone or 3moon,3velvet,3shrooms) and 2day; twic:egrin:

Last edited:

Richord

it ain't good at all, check your info please. compare it to the tournament.
The tournament problem is pushed wonders or getting 10 chests with Tournament cities.
The problem with FA is that it's set up for those who want to cheat easily with FA-cities.

2 big problems of which only the first one is being fixed in a snail-pace

Deleted User - 81190

I realy don't want to be forced to make another toolboxes in my main workshops - such a waste.
Toolboxes are not too bad if you hit them with PoP spells on collection. Gotta use those PoPs for something ;)

Karvest

You loose a lot of supplies if you produce toolboxes instead of advanced tools, PoP helps to workaround this, but only if you are not already using PoP all the time.
From other side most advanced players wouldn't wait these 24 hours and use time instants, so get even more supplies than without this quest... I don't think FA worth spending instants, tho

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

Even if that applied to what MinMax said, why is it bad?
Because it puts your supply creation into deficit. The more optimized your city, the worse effect. And not everyone runs their cities with 20 workshops and never uses spells on them and never uses supply instants.
And if players were forced to use their main workshops, that would only increase gap between normal fellowships with advanced players and fellowships with several low level cities which can use 50 low level workshops (while normal advanced players would have 5-8).