• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

iDavis

Therefore we weren't able to have this changed in time for this event, but it's certainly a hot topic we're looking into for future events.

If they didn´t try that this event, the same process would have to be done later. From this point of view there is no reason to postpone. Only releasing a specific mechanic can show what it actually does and how it acts.

Maillie

maybe my previous post wasn't clear enough on that point: It's not about "cheating". There's nothing wrong with that strategy, the only point is that in the new event quest setup, it would result in too much event currency being too easily obtainable and therefore disrupting the balance, so for the events we had to find a solution for that :)

My apologies. This was asked and answered previously.

My live fellowships are now getting caught in the repeating traps of Toolboxes and Scouting and they are not a bunch of happy campers. Many players here and in live worlds work and can't be on the computer in any consistent manner, so it is going very slowly for them.

DeletedUser2829

@Heymrdiedier

You can be successful\less frustrated with this event if you had a bunch of high level workshops and a bunch of instants before it began. For those without both of those its a slog. I should add T1 factories in there too, but I think more players had those than the time boosts or WS. Unless you have wasted a load of time boosts building temporary buildings that take 2 weeks to build I think it can be enjoyable :p

Reading Marindor's aims for the event, there is a basic contradiction here. The goal is to keep us playing it for a month and not finish in a week as with the old style. But, they have to keep a lid on how many prizes are won. To keep us busy for a month there needs to be 4 times as many quests completed - otherwise it causes frustration when we get stuck. If we complete 4 times as many quests then we have too many keys and balance is destroyed. Maybe the biggest change needed is a change in mindset from players. Plenty of other things in this game take patience, so event quests should be no different. The problem is ofc, that we have been conditioned from all the previous events to expect to be able to race through it.

SirSmithy

If they didn´t try that this event, the same process would have to be done later. From this point of view there is no reason to postpone. Only releasing a specific mechanic can show what it actually does and how it acts.
They could have tested, how the random really works. For that no players are needed. The too repetitive quests could be found out before...

Lissona

I'm a, I guess average, player - who started the Amuni chapter about one month ago (when I returned to Elvenar after nearly one year). I haven't gathered a trillion time boosters in the mean time (cause I wasn't playing) and I still have a city with T1/T2/Tx… and 7 workshops. I logged in approx. 4 times a day, for the normal production schedule (sometimes more, sometimes less).

Having that old-school constellation gaining one full bear wasn't really a problem (though I still don't know which one to build…).

Don't want to tell anybody that they play/plan the wrong way, just a positive reaction on how the event rolled out for me.

And: for me, there was no difference to the last ones. I got one main prize - and thats fine for me.

maxiqbert

and what should be the cost?
- 1 artifact?
- 4400 diamonds?
for sure not keys
a delay is a cost, like no quest for 24 hours
something 10 diamonds would be good for inno's cash flow, as it would be low enough for many of us (not me though, I don't pay) to be tempted.

So why not a 24h cooldown you could drop to zero for 10 diamonds?

Dony

King of Bugs
something 10 diamonds would be good for inno's cash flow, as it would be low enough for many of us (not me though, I don't pay) to be tempted.

that would mean ppl will skip 24 scout quests throughout the event, and then event needs to be harder since dev will count with that option, unless you will be locked out of the event for 24h aswell without chance of doing any other quest

Lissona

Why not a fee of event resources as an additional alternative to diamonds? Either -2 (as an example) event ressource reward for the next quest and the following chain or a one-time fee of perhaps 10% of the actual reward?

Loki Blue

But even without a bank, you could get quite some time boost from the event in one of the first days, and with those, manage to get more keys so you could even get more time boosts later on.

I am in S&D chapter, so I've done a lot of space reduction for guest races. One of the things I reduced was my manufactories and workshops (stupid of me, I know). So I had to upgrade my three marble manufactories and three of four workshops up to specs. The marble manufactories had to come up from level 15 to 20. So that's 15 levels right there. One workshop was already at level 23, fortunately, but the other two that I had at the start of the event had to come up six levels, from 12 to 18, so that's 12 levels right there. The new one required 18 levels, obviously. So that's a combined total of 45 levels. Then there were, as I said, the repeated scouting quests, plus the repeated Toolbox quests. Since I'm not a regular diamond buyer, how do you think all of that 'time reduction' was done? Any boosters I had from the previous event, plus the tiny amount I got in The Spire, were gone before I knew it, so I had to wait for buildings to upgrade before I could complete a quest. And then once that was done, having blocks of quests turn out to be Toolboxes...or 24+ hour scouts...and there's me with nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs and question my sanity. Basically, any time boosters that came in had to go out immediately.

And not even 1 maxed, thats no different then how it was in phoenix event?

Apples and oranges, my friend. This event mechanic was not in place then, and we were not warned that we were going to have to upgrade all of our production buildings in order to use them before this event started.

if i summarise it, i would say be: i hate this event, because i have to invest in it before i can get something out of it, i want it to be effortless free goodies.

If that's how you think I feel, then I truly am just babbling in jibberish, and there's nothing left to be said.

Lovec Krys

that would mean ppl will skip 24 scout quests throughout the event, and then event needs to be harder since dev will count with that option, unless you will be locked out of the event for 24h aswell without chance of doing any other quest
Simple solution - first skip - 24h cooldown, second skip - 48h cooldown, third skip - 72h cooldown, ...
No payment needed, no harder quests needed.

maxiqbert

Allow a skip only AFTER 24 hours being stuck.
it's also an option, better at least than the "no way out" we get in this event

(and I don't complain, I have 2 maxed out brown bears, and a maxed out panda, and I may get another not too shabby bear with my leftovers, still I'm stuck with a quest I cannot reasonnably complete)

Last edited:

lika1961

Im gonna get shitstorm on me for saying this: Ive read what you are all saying, and if i summarise it, i would say be: i hate this event,
because i have to invest in it before i can get something out of it, i want it to be effortless free goodies. Investing being either, using time boost to finish productions/quests, or being building extra workshops/manufactories to be able to do more quests. Or doing more tournament provinces then you usually do.

Oh please! There are people who try and turn orc poop into gold and there are others who don't. I leave it to you to decide which is which.

(and I don't complain, I have 2 maxed out brown bears, and a maxed out panda, and I may get another not too shabby bear with my leftovers, still I'm stuck with a quest I cannot reasonnably complete)

This is perhaps the best proof of how ridiculous this new system is. Was the idea not to limit each player to one of each bear? Still, good luck to you @maxiqbert, that is three more maxed out bears than I managed to get.

Last edited:

maxiqbert

This is perhaps the best proof of how ridiculous this new system is. Was the idea not to limit each player to one of each bear? Still, good luck to you @maxiqbert, that is three more maxed out bears than I managed to get.
really, I think this tweaks are just a little disturbance for the hard core players, while a big punishment for the casual players = total miss

DeletedUser3069

In our language version there is guy who has 3 brown bears and 3 polar bears, all at level 10.
It's all thanks to you, because you changed max value of keys from 180+ to 80.
He got to 180+ and made many quests before you lowered the quantity after first 24 hours.

WHY HE WAS ALLOWED AND WERE NOT, ONLY BECAUSE WE DIDN'T HAVE TIME SHORTENERS?

Now he levels up 4th batch of bears in day 8 of event (17 left).
Thanks to your stupid event system, he will have at least +150% more unit productions.
King of the tournaments. Endless supply.

Some of my fellowship mates struggle to make even one bear level 10.
@Marindor please tell creators they did a good job, dividing players into better and worse ones because of the chapters they are in and because of players abusing the system.

Thank you.

DeletedUser2829

Shino, I know it seems bad, but unless the guy on your server spends diamonds every day on crafting recipe refreshes, he simply won't be able to feed those bears. Its not possible to keep 1 brown bear fed 24/7.

DeletedUser3069

Shino, I know it seems bad, but unless the guy on your server spends diamonds every day on crafting recipe refreshes, he simply won't be able to feed those bears. Its not possible to keep 1 brown bear fed 24/7.

I've heard he's got a way to abuse even that system, he explained it somehow how to conserve pet food with tricks.

The game balance was destroyed with this event and it can't be repaired now.
There should be a maximum of one bear per city and NO MORE UNTIL NEXT EVENT.

Sirens were not that powerful. This bear is. It changes unit production dramatically.

All because he's sitting in ELVES chapter forever, while we are in constructs.
GAME DESIGNERS PUNISHED US FOR MOVING ON WITH STORY.
Events should promote development, not being clever and sitting in low chapter forever.

I don't know what can be done to repair this other than disable adding brown bear's feed effect with additional ones (50% max and no more from others).
You won't take them back from him.

Also, Panda was punished as hell in this event. Her productions are so weak that almost no one uses her. She produces less goods in 48h than we can create in our manufactories in 6h (3h in some players case). 2 production spells won't change it. Panda should be reworked to be valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marindor

@Shino if he was able to max out 6 Bears in just 2 days, I'd say that would be a perfect example of why the lower event currency cap was needed. Aside from that, I do think some things should be clarified before this story is going to lead its own life. First, as soon as the decision was made to lower the cap, we posted it here on the forum, so there is no way any "inside info" could have been there before it was already public information and certainly not a day in advance. Second, obtaining more Pet Food than other players is also not possible, so I don't know what kind of stories are being spread on your Live server, but I'd advise to take it with a grain of salt :)