• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Important Event Preparation

Marindor

@Marindor
pretty sure I was able to quests with lvl28 workshops being in amuni before you added "-3 chapters"...

If that was the case, that must have been a bug because that's not how it should work :)

Also FYI, we once again forwarded the request to see if there are ways in which we can technically implement the right chapter levels in the quest description.

iDavis

@Marindor it can be even worse for mobile-only players. This is what I see in quest task description:

20190915-152406.jpg

This can mislead players even more. Part of the text is missing, but many players can understand this as requirement to use a workshop level 3+.

We will probably have a funny times on live forums..

DeletedUser2630

I don't understand it anymore.

So people in Chapter IV must have at least 15 levels? Why? Those people keep the workshops below to play events and upgrade. What should they upgrade when everything is at their maximum?

I therefore advocate that really inno give us a list of minimum levels. It's good idea.

DeletedUser3036

wait, so does the manufactories the same ? if you're at the fairies, you need the max of the previous era so... 19 ?

DeletedUser1953

... we changed the "previous chapter" to "3 chapters before"...
My english is bad, but "3 chapters before" and "3rd last chapter" is not the same for me, the first we do -3, the second -2.
There is no mention that it must be the max level of the last 3 chapter !

Edit: it is not case (min/max) for factory, i have a city at elvenwood => level 16 factory is enough and it is the min level of orcs.

Last edited by a moderator:

pirithbeta

I (and my fellows) have a doubt. What is the minimum accepted level for 1T manufacturies in the Constructs chapter? 3 chapt before is chapt 12 or 11? If 12 (Elementals) manufacturies technology is at level 24; if chapt 11 (haflings) the manufacturies technology is at level 20 (Elves chapt). So who is in Constructs must have manufacturies at level 20 or 24?

Arayla

@pirithbeta Boosted T1 must be in the current or previous chapter. It is unclear whether it must be the minimum available in the previous chapter or the maximum available in the previous chapter. Kersepitje says we will learn tomorrow. For Constructs, T1 will either need to be at level 24 or level 27.

Workshops are current or the 3 previous chapters.
Boosted T1 is the current or 1 previous chapter.

DeletedUser1953

I (and my fellows) have a doubt. What is the minimum accepted level for 1T manufacturies in the Constructs chapter? 3 chapt before is chapt 12 or 11? If 12 (Elementals) manufacturies technology is at level 24; if chapt 11 (haflings) the manufacturies technology is at level 20 (Elves chapt). So who is in Constructs must have manufacturies at level 20 or 24?
Construct & Amunu, it is easy => factory 24 min !

I confirm for factory that it is the min. level (i have a city at elvenwood => level 16 factory is enough, halfelin => level 20 factory, it is true cities on beta !!)

DeletedUser

I like complicated but this is a bit confusing, can you do something like using the top level factory - 7 levels versus using chapters?
For example: someone who can build level 17 dwarven workshops can use those or -7 (level 10) or -7 (level 3).

Then a person who can build level 33 workshops the minimum levels they can use is 26 or 19.
or if we're all unlucky -13
then it's 33, 20, 7

DeletedUser1953

For a human city IV => workshop lvl 1 works !!! => thus it is era-3 and it is the minimum level !!

Yogi Dave

While the concept may actually be simple, the explanations have brought a lot of confusion. Examples of one case or another does not seem to be helping. At this point a word explanation will not suffice. It is too easy to get twisted around and be ambiguous. What is required is a set of tables, like Arayla gave at the beginning of this thread, with the correct values in them. Doing that should not be a problem for the developers. Then we can perhaps figure out what words work best with ourselves and the people we will be helping understand this. Best of all, with tables we can give a definitive answer to anyone who comes to us saying "Huh?". We will only need them to tell us what chapter they are in, what is their T1 boost, and if they are elf or human.

DeletedUser3036

While the concept may actually be simple, the explanations have brought a lot of confusion. Examples of one case or another does not seem to be helping. At this point a word explanation will not suffice. It is too easy to get twisted around and be ambiguous. What is required is a set of tables, like Arayla gave at the beginning of this thread, with the correct values in them. Doing that should not be a problem for the developers. Then we can perhaps figure out what words work best with ourselves and the people we will be helping understand this. Best of all, with tables we can give a definitive answer to anyone who comes to us saying "Huh?". We will only need them to tell us what chapter they are in, what is their T1 boost, and if they are elf or human.
that's only true if there's no problem in the code too though, looks almost like what's going on right now isn't intended

Yogi Dave

that's only true if there's no problem in the code too though, looks almost like what's going on right now isn't intended

If the code needs to be fixed, then that must happen. Regardless, the tables need to reflect what the code does. If the code is changed, the tables should be changed before it hits live. Every explanation I've seen leaves too much to interpretation. With people from many cultures and languages playing the game, the chance for misunderstanding increases. In my life as a programmer, I have run into cases where the use of 'and' and 'or' are misunderstood due to native language differences. I still contend the only correct solution is a set of tables. Maybe making the tables will allow them to come up with a simple, concise, and unambiguous explanation. Maybe someone will have an "Aha!" moment that allows that to happen. I have faith in the developers and moderators to do this.

DeletedUser

Please also do this with the factory quests - instead of chapter use the max level factory one can build and minus 7. If a level 19 factory the minimum level is 12. No need for tables or pages and pages of explanations.

However, I still think this needs to be in game that shows where the cut offs are for each chapter.
factorylevels - Copy.JPG

Minus the whole previous thing and current chapter, besides jaxom we all probably know what chapter we're on. well I can't say I always know.

DeletedUser

I wanted to explain the workshops and why it's max, -7, -7
The quests could be:
1. produce 5 beverages in your max level workshops
2. produce 3 - 9hr productions in your mid level workshops
3. Produce 4 toolboxes in your minimum level workshops

and with a workshop tab as shown above for the factories, one would know what their max, mid level and minimum level workshops are. But all quests always work in a max level workshop.
Couple of more edits:
The mid-level is a range: max - 7
minimum level is a range: mid level minimum -7
That way I can pick out what I think is pretty for my workshops.
If anyone is wondering what I do for a living, I'm a lumberjack.

Marindor

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. As @Kersepitje stated yesterday, we needed to double check this to make sure we're giving you the correct answer, since the requirements have shifted during the last couple of days. Here is the final answer, run by our Game Designers. If things don't work as described below, please submit a bug report.

Also: We're still looking at ways to somehow implement this information in the quest system or at least be able to link to it. It is a technical challenge so no guarantees there, but we do see the confusion it currently creates. :)

In the Autumn Zodiac event, some quests have a minimum level requirement which is stated within the quest condition. An example for this could be:

• Produce Beverages 12 times with a Workshop from your current or previous three Chapters

This means that you will need to have a Workshop of a certain level. To be more precise, you will need a Workshop of a level that you have unlocked earliest 3 Chapters before your current one.

91f1a254e211be8a742014936179ff10

Let's take the example of a player who is in Chapter 10: Sorcerers and Dragons. This player will need to have a Workshop level that was unlocked in Chapter 7 (current Chapter minus three), which is the Fairies Chapter. In Fairies, you will unlock Workshops of level 18 and 19, meaning that, for this player in Sorcerers and Dragons, a level 18 Workshop is the minimum requirement to complete this quest.

Another example: A player who plays in Fairies would need to have a Workshop level that was unlocked in Chapter 4 (current Chapter minus three). Since Chapter 4 doesn't contain a Workshop Upgrade tech, we're going back one more chapter, to Chapter 3. In Chapter 3 you will unlock Workshop levels 9-15, meaning that, for this player in Fairies, a level 9 Workshop is the minimum requirement to complete this quest.

Please see the Wiki for all information on which levels get unlocked in which chapter.

As said: We're investigating if we can still implement this information in the game somehow, but hopefully for now this will clear things up for you :)

DeletedUser

@Marindor: How about giving us a few examples for T1 manufactories since those get fewer upgrades each then workshops ?

DeletedUser3036

alright, it ends up being the best possibilities from the previous case... and the manufactories ?

Marindor

The Manufactories work the same way, only in that case it's your current chapter -1 (or if that chapter didn't contain an upgrade tech, you go back to the first previous chapter that did contain an upgrade tech) :)