• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Autumn Zodiac

Ainor

I don't like new quests.. I have just 5 workshops because I can obtain materials by other sources, and now I am disadvantage because of this choise. It's not right, the possibility of alternative city management has been reduced, again.

iDavis

Some time ago I made a proposal, where I was talking about how could developers increase variety of events, especially of event quests. Considering, that all the stuff players are currently doing they can do whatever they want, it doesn't bring anything special and unique to the game and therefore it's kinda boring, I suggested a possible solution.
Now, as time advanced... We can literally see, how developers fight with an effort to balance events (especially after endless quest line implementation) so players are able to reach the basic progress, but putting so many obstacles in their way, to avoid making over-progress, which has very negative impact on game balance itself, does only make feel players upset, frustrated and still have ZERO impact on how the whole event feels like.
And today, especially after reading this feedback, I'm going to repeat myself once again, since I feel confident about what I described in this idea (and I wasn't only who made such a related idea), that solves all of the above mentioned problems and shortcomings, even including new ones, which just appeared with current last 2 events (which came after I made that suggestion itself).

DeletedUser

With all the "Gain x Relics" & "Solve x Encounters" quests I'm running out of provinces real quick and scouting new ones takes ~5days. o_O

Potvorisko

My first feedback to this event:

The main prises are great - also the space required I like 3x3 :)

Brown bear - perfect main prize - Ideal bonuses, also feeding time is accurate

However, I wonder, it really nerfs the simia down :( I general, in these latter days, I feel weakening of the wonders of general compared to the envolving buildings or temporal buildings. Why would anyone, who has this bear build up huge simia? Or monastery/sanctuary, when single one dwarven armorer gives my troops more life, than monastery on 30 lvl...I find this really unfair. It would be fair at least to raise the wonder effects...

Polar bear - great prize for cities, that are not at the end of the tech tree and want to reduce tournament cool down + some bonuses. Here it seems to me ok, it doesnt make timewarp useless and still hepls. The feeding effect for 5 days is also ok, since it reduce the time for the whole tourmanent roud.

Panda - usefull building, gives a lot of resources. At first I tought, that the feeding effect is bad, but if it really couts for each manufaktory, where I collect the goods, then it is ok. If someone has in city live 8 manufactories from each bonus type, than this effect is huge.

Quests - this one is tricky.

I appriciate the growing variety of quests. On the one hand, I like the idea of using our current manufactories and workshops BUT it that case, it should be without the quests concerning more than 9 hours. Also those 9 hour quests should be reduced to the minimum.

I understand, that last big event was a litte bit unballanced and we won really too many grand prizes. But now, you lowered amound of event currency for a quest right from the start and what is more, you add this long lasting retarding quests.

My idea would be - keep the quests requiring the production of our current level (or -one ) there, but for workshops just 5 min, 15 min, 1 h, 3h rerely 9 h, with manufactories - please, keep just 3 hours, rarely 9. If you want to use 24 hour production of the big m/w, than give us some alternative as well.

So please, give us fun, but do not keep us angry more and more. Thanks.

This is just my first feedback so far...I will maybe add some new one later.

DeletedUser2630

It's another cool thing. Not only do smaller players have cheaper and lighter tournaments or spire. Newly smaller players will also have lighter events :) Because it takes less time to build a farm. Perhaps it will be time to make a thick line after the game.

I do think that the new requirement to use only fully upgraded workshops to fulfill quests unfairly penalizes those who have spent real $$ to purchase Magic Workshops. The whole point of doing that is that you ultimately need fewer total workshops to achieve the same production.

DeletedUser2576

I also don't like the new quests. There are players that play without workshops at all or getting all ressources via sets and have no factories.
I really liked that dedication of cityspace was rewarded with more eventrewards.
With this change all efficient cities will be punished hard, because they don't have tons of workshops/e.g.
It also does not help if you lower the requirements.

Furthermore this change results in lowering the city output during events. I never run 1/2 day productions at because they have a crappy output. With forcing this you ruin all good built cities. If you really want to take in account the progress of the city make the quests that you have to collect 100k Wood for Example with trading does not solve the quests.

I am sad. I saved all my ressources in the last event to mass play this event to get 2 brown bears (with feeding effects become known with 3 weeks of the MM event still to come) and i have space for 200+ workshops but yeah they won't help at all now...

Marindor

Thank you guys for sharing your feedback, just letting you know that we're reading it all. Please keep it coming :)

DeletedUser2576

Thank you guys for sharing your feedback, just letting you know that we're reading it all. Please keep it coming :)
In my live city i have 2 workshops on my level and always to much supplies. There is no reason to build more workshops on my level because i don't need the supplies. I have space to buil 200+ level 1 workshops, but i can trash them after an event. So with the on level workshops it takes more space for me to be able to do the event quests as before.

As stated in your announcement your intention was, that less space is needed but in my case this change results in actually way more space is needed as beforehand... :(

DeletedUser2865

My main problem is to upgrade the T1, i optimize production/place taken and now i am penalized, need to upgrade, change the city layout and then produce less ! Consume time and resources to be less power, we love that !
I dislike game where there is only one official way to play, you can not diverge from "standard".

After the T3 problem (too much event's building produce T3), now we will have the T1 problem ! The next solution : create a T2 problem !

A long text description for the requirement, it will be better, from factory level xx or more ! (and why not lower 1/2 level from the previous chapter for players at era >= IV (the building does not change the layout !)).
Edit : or better, change to produce xx T1.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Panda - usefull building, gives a lot of resources. At first I tought, that the feeding effect is bad, but if it really counts for each manufactory, where I collect the goods, then it is ok. If someone has in city live 8 manufactories from each bonus type, than this effect is huge.
I don't think that is how the feeding effect works !? "He will reward you for every Pet you feed, after being fed himself", nothing about collecting manufactories. Maybe a Mod can explaing how the bonus for Panda bear works. :confused:

DeletedUser140

I am not a native speaker, why there are a window which informed about a magical mirror appeared instead of keys?

DeletedUser

I see there a quest Scout a province with no alternate. :):)
and you can have it 2 times in a row, same as toolboxes
How can this be fair ? For a chapter 14 account it takes ~5 days to scout (and don't tell me to use timeboosters ! :mad:), event is basically over when scouting is ready. Please provide an alternative to scouting.

PrimroseSylvia

I am not a native speaker, why there are a window which informed about a magical mirror appeared instead of keys?
Because Golden Keys come from a Magical Mirror
TgmF4TO.png

Potvorisko

I don't think that is how the feeding effect works !? "He will reward you for every Pet you feed, after being fed himself", nothing about collecting manufactories. Maybe a Mod can explaing how the bonus for Panda bear works. :confused:

I missed that...than is thisn one useless..pity

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
and you can have it 2 times in a row, same as toolboxes
How can this be fair ? For a chapter 14 account it takes ~5 days to scout (and don't tell me to use timeboosters ! :mad:), event is basically over when scouting is ready. Please provide an alternative to scouting.

well this is not true, at least not completly.
There is only 1 quest between all of the quests that ask for scout without an alternative. And you can only get this quest once and everyone gets its.
The quest with an alternative, you can indeed get multiple times after each other if you are unlucky. Same thing for the toolboxes, so that part is true.

I also don't like the new quests. There are players that play without workshops at all or getting all ressources via sets and have no factories.
I really liked that dedication of cityspace was rewarded with more eventrewards.
With this change all efficient cities will be punished hard, because they don't have tons of workshops/e.g.
It also does not help if you lower the requirements.

Furthermore this change results in lowering the city output during events. I never run 1/2 day productions at because they have a crappy output. With forcing this you ruin all good built cities. If you really want to take in account the progress of the city make the quests that you have to collect 100k Wood for Example with trading does not solve the quests.

I am sad. I saved all my ressources in the last event to mass play this event to get 2 brown bears (with feeding effects become known with 3 weeks of the MM event still to come) and i have space for 200+ workshops but yeah they won't help at all now...

I had the privilege of allready being able to test this event. I was also very sceptical at first with the current advancement quests. But i must say my mind changed as i progressed. The requirements are balanced so, so that in those 20+ days you are able to do quite some quests, but not 500 or so. The fact that we will be able to complete less quest compared to last event, is compensated by the event currency that gets a lot higher then last event once you progress.

So i would ask to give it a chance, I know it might look bad now, but you might end up loving it in the end afterall.

DeletedUser2576

So i would ask to give it a chance, I know it might look bad now, but you might end up loving it in the end afterall.
planned on getting 2 brownbear with saving tons of time boosters instead of using them last event (so i got only 2 paradies instead of 6-8). This will not work now so i am sad.