• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

edeba

Events are super unfair to steel boost players

I decided to set up 32-50 manufacturers for the event. For my 1x2 manufacturers I need 64-100 squares, as does a planks player. The steel boosted player needs 128 to 200 squares to make the same number, an extra 2.56 to 4 expansions.

I really dislike the t1 sets and I suspect they may have been developed to have an equal sized item for all players.

I think a better solution is to take away the "boosted" and make it any combination of t1 manufacturers.

Deleted User - 56274

Events are super unfair to steel boost players

I decided to set up 32-50 manufacturers for the event. For my 1x2 manufacturers I need 64-100 squares, as does a planks player. The steel boosted player needs 128 to 200 squares to make the same number, an extra 2.56 to 4 expansions.

I really dislike the t1 sets and I suspect they may have been developed to have an equal sized item for all players.

I think a better solution is to take away the "boosted" and make it any combination of t1 manufacturers.
The sizes are different between elves and humans as well on planks. One of the reasons I am happy to see the smaller t1 and t2 build runs for the quest is that as a human with planks or steel, I only need 4-5 factories to produce a lot of goods. Theoretically the t1 boosted scale size wise BUT when for examples at chapter 6 as a human with planks I need 5 factories to sustain my goods and as an elf I need between 8 & 10.... that creates a huge difference when the event calls for a specific factory run.
I would also argue that in a sense, the quests while being scalable based on the chapter level should also be scalable based on the race and boosted. Honestly, the simpler solution would be to see more quests that require x amount of goods, then you can throw in the non-boosted goods as well. I wouldn't mind seeing these interspersed and they could have an equivalent amount to x 1 or 2 day production runs. That levels the playing field regardless of boosted or race.

Personally I dislike building non-boosted goods factories in my cities, so I would prefer not to have quests requiring all t1 production runs. I do agree though that any player should be able to reasonably complete a 1 or 2 day quest within the 1 or 2 days, so it should be less than the number of t1 factories that elvengems recommends for a given race & boosted item requirement.

For the 3 hour and 9 hour two or three times that no problems.
I am fine with a more casual player only getting 5 evolutions while someone who is logging in daily should get 7 or 8 and someone actively having extra t1s and using boosts etc for the event should easily obtain 10.

DeletedUser1163

@Kasia Thank you for the advice. Because of the demand for vision vapor and spell fragments, I will need to keep 3 spells (that's all my Magic Academy can hold) solely for this event which I can then disenchant.

Deleted User - 56274

@Kasia Thank you for the advice. Because of the demand for vision vapor and spell fragments, I will need to keep 3 spells (that's all my Magic Academy can hold) solely for this event which I can then disenchant.
Fortunately I have a collection of old buildings from chapters 3-5 from previous events that I am working on disenchanting for spell fragments :) But the VV, CC, and Spell fragment quests have the potential to denude player resources long term.

DeletedUser2899

@Weisheit looking at your screen shots do you see the cloud/sun in the top middle - that is your culture bonus. This is based on how much culture you have (you can see this if you hover over it) so in your beta city you have a 125% culture bonus either due to Neighborly help or base dependent on your culture score. Here is the link to the Wiki - https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Culture#Culture_Bonus
but, i just checked out, wiki and it's the same screen shot i took at beta and it doesn't have the same info at the live game.. hence the screen shot. just sayin'

DeletedUser2899

Where did the spire go this week? i don't know why i am
asking, i need to double my cities land to place double the manufacturing and double the armories to even participate. :)

DeletedUser2899

but, i just checked out, wiki and it's the same screen shot i took at beta and it doesn't have the same info at the live game.. hence the screen shot. just sayin'
okay, this is a screen shot of a live game:
upload_2019-8-12_3-14-33.png
And this is a screen shot of a beta game:
upload_2019-8-12_3-17-16.png
If you notice, the beta game shows the culture bonus and the live game does not. the screen shots on "wiki", show the beta game shots and explain how to see the culture this same way.

Lovec Krys

@Dony Like complete 2 Spire maps is easier than complete 2 provinces. It's probably faster and cheaper to use instants for speeding scouting than for speeding Spire stops.

Angedev

I understand your idea - 16 encounters on map x 16 encounters in spire. But we have only 3 maps in week, it means we can use this alternative only once a week. And remember, you can prepare some provinces on 7/8 when doing quests "complete encounters". In this case, you can win only 2 encounters to complete this quest.

But I think it could work with "finish 2 parts of spire" - it means 8 encounters including 2 bosses (2 small or 1 small and 1 big). Time gate is the end of a part in this case. What do you think?

Lovec Krys

@Dony I didn't write it should be easier, but 2 maps in Spire as an alternative seems to be even harder then clearing 2 provinces including scouting them.
And I would be very careful to add Spire quests to the events, I don't want to end with quest like this:
Research 1 tech or clear 2 Spire maps,
which would be event stopper for most of players with no tech to research (or stucked players during chapter).

TomatoeHu

Complete 2 provinces / Scout provinces just shouldn't be a quest. Its terribly unbalanced. What reason do players waiting a year for a new chapter have, to scout and clear when they can no longer obtain expansions. And scout times are so ridiculous it's unlikely we remember to continue playing the event let alone anything else in our city, too much waiting. . . . We are talking 25-30 scouted provinces a year, just on event quests. If the difficulty of the quest is to be high enough it takes a day or 2 to complete, then there should be an OR attached, like to collect Boosted 48hr collections.

If the purpose of difficulty is not time related, remove it. Let's get any quest with a little more purpose, more relevant game related direction for late chapter players ( obviously early chapters can scout 2 provinces unless orc locked which is likely with all these "scout" event quests ) Try including mana & seeds, 100 visits ( if you don't have that many neighbors you can scout 2 provinces ). Make a sentient collection quest. Anything that doesn't make us log out for a 76 hours. There is seriously NOTHING TO DO and no reason to sign in, don't make us stay offline that long between quests! OR, we may end up finding something else to do play, and forget to come back to set that second scout.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 56274

@TomatoeHu - even in chapter 6 I dislike the complete 2 provinces. The encounter and complete province quests lead to over-extension. And for many lower level players since they aren't scaled - the tourney encounter option take 2 or more days to complete or wipes us out for goods/troops. I don't mind the complete province once or twice through the event, but would like to see it have an OR attached to it as in OR complete 2 tourney provinces. I also dislike buy KP... if you want to slow players down have it be gain KP, then those who are patient gain or use the lovely carting library, those who are impatient buy KP - win/win.
I have had complete 2 provinces 4 times.... and that is a lot. Those who have had more repetitions on the 64 currency quest probably have more. I like the concept of the endless 'random' quests, but I think there is a lot of tweaking to be done both in how much currency the quests award, the actual randomness, and the fact that there is a class of quests that should only appear once/twice through the entirety of the event.
Honestly, I would like to see the quest options scaled based on chapter. People in chapters 2-5 do have an easier time with research and scouting, however they are also easily run down out of goods and troops by encounters and research etc so the participation can be limited. In Chapter 6 I am able to do most of the quests, but as I said - I have concerns long term regarding the encounter/complete province and even scouting quests basically over-extending players to be well-beyond what the goal to exit a given chapter is. The # of provinces to exit is a good base point simply because that is what the developers indicate is the happy place for a current level - beyond that point solving the encounters and scouting become increasingly expensive.
The requirement for the tourney encounters should be scaled simply because what a player in chapter 4 vs 8 vs 12 can do on a daily basis is extremely different.

TomBrady

this is a easy task for me.....May be inno has spy my city hoods
I only do 7/8 provinces, leaving 1 sector incomplete
currently i am trying scout far away area and leaving close-by area un-scout

they are purposely prepared for those quests "scouting"

it appear my arrangement currently help a little bit lol

but i do prefer to have a reasonable alternative...
it is not every 1 prepare especially those "new player" who do not familiar with the crudity of inno

Excellent !!!

TomatoeHu

I believe everyone is aware of these measures, I work off the absolute assumption that we all know what we are doing here on the Beta forum and that we are looking out for players we can't reach and help in events by providing constructive feedback to the developers for the events and changes we are testing on this server.

Just because my fellowships can do events doesn't mean the regulars out there don't need us Beta Players "going to bat" for them. Scout a province is something we have to do naturally to complete the solve encounters and gain relics quests. Now you you made the quests random so there is no planned organizational structure to how the quests are linked to or assisting players in completing the next quest. Make 3, then 6, then 8 of a production would advance through the quests, so would Scout, solve or gain. This event we have repeating quests for 25 days. Not all players getting the same repeats.

Asking or requiring us to scout as often as we have been in events does not prevent players from reaching Ring 11 (reaching orcs requirement) nor does it make the game enjoyable to continue after the event. You have spent a lot of troops and goods for clearing and fighting.

"Scout in advance 10 extra provinces just in case an event comes " is no different then " just start 20 of the 2 day productions and you're fine"

Great ideas, or Excellent? Try Hilarious !!! if you have enough room in your city, if you are past orcs, if your fellowship feeds you all your goods, if if if if if . Then, you might succeed. But that isn't the answer either is it? How does that make you want to finish an event or bother with the next one. None of them are appropriate for quest level Fun. Quests should speak to a player in a degree of difficulty that allows them to play and advance afterwards, not sucking all their time and resources for 10-30 days. As an "end of game" player sure, who cares, we have nothing better to do, build 30 2 days and explore to the other side of the map extremely slowly.... EOG players can do all the short cuts and leave portal space for productions. We could write a book called " How I Survive Elvenar and Events as an End of Game Player " That is extremely irrelevant to the rest of the players on Live across the world, and perhaps not needed in feedback for the event. The whole : "I can do it so who cares" attitude is not helpful to LIve servers.

If anything i would like to see the players on Live, not have to do the ridiculous measures and find a way to encourage Inno to make quests that advance a player more naturally. Scouting repetitively is not a good idea, it hurts players before orcs, its impossible if you depleted your 10 extra scouted provinces from that last 3 times you had to complete 2 provinces this event plus all the Gain relics, Solve encounters we had to do. It hurts all chapter players.