• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

Deleted User - 56274

So, now we need "magic" artifacts" for things like the FA. We all have event buildings needing specific artifacts and no way to further improve them unless there is an event with their specific artifact, so if we could win "magic" artifacts people could use them where they need them.
The reverse is also true - people who started after an event that granted an evolvable building get the evolutions for it but do not have the building. I guess I'd rather see the prize evolutions be applicable to any evolving building.

Edit
Okay, last couple of days there are a few quests I've gotten more than I would care to see them:

buy 15 kp
gain 2 combining catalyst or 12 relics

It' the 3rd time in 2 days for the gain 2 CC/12 relics and I haven't gotten any relics to craft so it's another one that puts me outside of where I want to be for how many provinces I have completed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthus

Can someone confirm if manta ray has quick-pick up after 8h or 12h? Or only 24h?

Edit: ok i earned it it's 8h :D

Last edited:

Arthus

ATM excluding manta-rays, both main and daily prizes and making choices to make quest-list random is seen as a move against players in eastern-language communities

. It shows total blindness of creator team as events get more and more pay to win and benefit mainly credit-card warriors from US/DE.

Hope old system with building sets returns at some point and these disgusting evolution money-leech buildings cease to appear, especially that there's no universal artifact for them and soon we will have one big mess in inventory with 50 different artifacts.

Dony

King of Bugs
ATM excluding manta-rays, both main and daily prizes and making choices to make quest-list random is seen as a move against players in eastern-language communities

. It shows total blindness of creator team as events get more and more pay to win and benefit mainly credit-card warriors from US/DE.
i have no clue what you are talking about, this is actually first event which is not pay to win, because you can easily get 2 evolving buildings to stage 10 without paying any diamond, which benefits eastern-language communities

DeletedUser1163

Ugh, I can’t believe it. Because I’m stuck on the tech tree in the Orcs chapter, I had to upgrade a residence from level 1 all the way up to level 14. Finally leveled up the residence to complete the quest. Then… another quest is asking to research 1 tech or upgrade 2 buildings to level 14 or higher. Here we go again. When you get to the Orcs chapter, make sure you build enough mushrooms and rally pits so you don't get stuck on the tech tree and spend months trying to get through the chapter.

Arthus

i have no clue what you are talking about, this is actually first event which is not pay to win, because you can easily get 2 evolving buildings to stage 10 without paying any diamond, which benefits eastern-language communities

Easily 2 buildings to stage 10? You need more than 9000 corals to make one to stage 10 dude and quests for 64 corals are end of the event because they are too difficult to make for majority of players

Deleted User - 56274

Arthus, I think your numbers are somewhat off. The bare minimum corals needed would be 7200 if you only purchase the 18 coral chest as the most effective way of gaining the grand prizes. You come close to that if you are able to complete the quests based on elvengems - https://elvengems.com/mermaids/quests/
On live I have gotten the Jester's Set, fully evolved one phoenix and no, I do not pay for the building or anything else for the events. I do utilize speed boosts and try to plan as much as possible. Given that my cities are not currently that large, it is possible for even players in chapters 4 & 5 to be able to get the full set or fully evolve a building, especially if they have some luck in chests and get extra currency.

Dony

King of Bugs
quests for 64 corals are end of the event because they are too difficult to make for majority of players
which part is so difficult? and apart from that what did you expect? that they will give you corals just upom logging into game without any effort?

Jackluyt

Pardon me if this has been posted already - has anyone done the math to see how many corals are required to fully evolve the Mermaid?

palmira

I did several rounds of the 64 corals quests, I have my mermaid at lvl 10 and 8 artifacts for the 2nd and I didn't spend a diamond - just a lot of time instants because it seems I am stuck with the finish 2 provinces every 10 tasks. Anyway, my time instants balance is very positive still :)

Arthus

On polish forums they told that 64 corals quest are "end of the game" because of their unreal difficulty of repeating provinces etc.

Also people are very disappointed with the main prize weakness at the moment on the start of event, half of my fellowship told it's the weakest of all evolution ones :/ No 2nd tier (silk, crystals, scrolls etc) or useful things like sentient goods/mana/seeds :/ i hope they add evolution building producing 1 renovation spell every 48h at some point :/

Deleted User - 56274

If I recall from other posts - if you are marble boosted then the prize is extremely strong especially if you have the aureate phoenix. It gives insane amounts of marble.

Loki Blue

How many times am I going to get hit with a bloody two day production? Today's my second time. Nine days left and I have to sit on another 3 Fabulous Fountains. Wouldn't be so bad if I could have planned for it. o_O

Lovec Krys

@Loki Blue You can, if you have place for 20 2 day manufactories, and another for 1 day and best another for 9&3 hrs.
And if you have the luxury of extra space, you can even build 19+25 workshops for the 15 & 5 min workshop quests.
And if all your buildings are fully leveled, you can build some (at least 2) lv 13 residences/armories for the 2 building upgrade quests.
And if you have prepared around 20 provinces to solve, your biggest brake will deffinetely be gain Vision Vapor quest, if you're not wiling to craft complete nonsence for that quest (especialy the final 15 one (that's crafting 3 pet food))
But yes, above requires a lot of space (best for advanced player between chapters).

If you are low on space, then build at least some manufactories for 1 & 2 day quest.
If you are near the end of chapter, you can make some place by destroying part of your settlement, you can finish the chapter with using portal profits earned from event.

Deleted User - 56274

The 2-day are definitely a time crunch if you don't have about 6-7 extra t1 factories. Given the frequency of events, I guess it is a question of how much space do you want to dedicate to level 1 factories and workshops. The other thing you can do if you have a little but not a lot of space is swap them out. If you hit the 64 currency quests, I'm not sure there are any toolbox ones.

Although... I'm not sure I like the currency awards for the quests. There is little basis on effort, cost or time involved. So far I haven't had too many of the encounter and complete province quests... but those ones I have issues with when they were so frequent as in the summer solstice that they very easily pushed people well beyond their needed provinces and the cost could be difficult to recover from.

Lovec Krys

@Kasia In the 64 ones, there are only 2 workshop quests - 19x15 min & 25x5 min.
So depending on your space, you can either build 44 workshops for them all or destroy all extra workshop and do those quests with your main workshops.

palmira

@Kasia In the 64 ones, there are only 2 workshop quests - 19x15 min & 25x5 min.
So depending on your space, you can either build 44 workshops for them all or destroy all extra workshop and do those quests with your main workshops.

For me it works fine 15x2d+ 40X1d + 9x9h (and the 3h productions I make on the normal factories). There is no need for extra workshops, I build one or 2 if I have space ( most factories out of the road) if I am on a hurry as I only have 8 normal workshops.