• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Release Notes version 1.85

Maillie

I got all excited when I saw the news saying the trader got new filters, and thought we'd finally gotten the much desired cross-tier filter.
This was the first thing I thought when I saw the word filters. I would love to not have to wade through cross tier trades when they put just a few more in to get three-star credit and moved to the top of the list.

Arayla

@Arayla I don't think I understand what you mean. If you check the "show normal goods only" box, it filters away the sentient good trades, so only the normal goods trades are visible. Why would it make a difference to remove the word "only"? You mean purely for edge cases when players would checkmark both boxes at the same time?

@Marindor Yes. The industry standard UI behavior for mutually exclusive options is to use radio buttons. If checkboxes are preferred, the visual presentation must be altered to account for that edge case. As it is now, the user can select to see only normal goods and only sentient goods at the exact same time.

Another choice would be to have "Show normal only" and "Show sentient only" and have the checkboxes only allow one to be checked at a time. Here is an example: http://jsfiddle.net/fb2CV/1/.

Marindor

Another choice would be to have "Show normal only" and "Show sentient only" and have the checkboxes only allow one to be checked at a time. Here is an example: http://jsfiddle.net/fb2CV/1/.

I think that would make more sense then indeed, for when we remove the word "only" one could argue that you also see the normal trades when you don't activate any filter at all :p I'll forward your thoughts, thanks :)

maxiqbert

inconsistent2.jpg to go a bit further on the correct use of filters, I don't see it as normal that you can check "normal goods only" and still select a sentient good on the list next to it

DeletedUser1657

Another choice would be to have "Show normal only" and "Show sentient only" and have the checkboxes only allow one to be checked at a time.

or have it act like a toggle between the 2 leaving space for a 3rd filter for cross-tier. As we can never trade normal for sentient goods it really is irrelevant to be able to see both normal and sentient at the same time, it serves no function:rolleyes:

great to finally see a filter for one of the 2 biggest trading issues, now please add a cross-tier filter that will be useful for all players not just those from elemental chapter on.

Dony

King of Bugs
for when we remove the word "only" one could argue that you also see the normal trades when you don't activate any filter at all
you shouldnt see any trades at all if both checkboxes are unchecked or i miss something

CrazyWizard

I think that would make more sense then indeed, for when we remove the word "only" one could argue that you also see the normal trades when you don't activate any filter at all :p I'll forward your thoughts, thanks :)

The most logical option would be that both checkboxes are activated at default.

The checkboxes are then "show sentient" and "show basic"
When you opt out the checkbox that part is disabled.

This would be the most "intuitive" UI.

Btw. I understood that the devs are also working on a "new star rating" I hope this will be implemented asap as well.
Is that still intended for implementation?
Somewhat disappointed both are not implemented at the same time.

edeba

What's the new star rating? Will we finally get cross trades that are enormously unfair show up that way? I think the choices for fair are 1:2:4. 1:2.5:6.25 and 1:3:9. Really, only the first one is fair, but either of the second two are an improvement.

The most logical option would be that both checkboxes are activated at default.

The checkboxes are then "show sentient" and "show basic"
When you opt out the checkbox that part is disabled.

This would be the most "intuitive" UI.

Btw. I understood that the devs are also working on a "new star rating" I hope this will be implemented asap as well.
Is that still intended for implementation?
Somewhat disappointed both are not implemented at the same time.

UlyssesBlue

I think the system that would make the most sense would be to have a drop down list that allows you to select one of a number of filters. The added benefit of this is that it would be easy to expand if other filters are added to the game. We already have such a system in place for filtering by goods.

DeletedUser2899

the reward factor for the spire of eternity, well, my beta acct has only been since end of june, my live game accts, i've played for 2 years now. How much troops and resources do i consider worth it, to obtain chests, relics, enchantment and books at the weekly tournaments. Well worth it, i love the extra books, i love the boosted manufacturing upgrades, i love the relics to make catalysts and enchantments, (for crafting & seasonal events), and if in a decent fellowship, the royal upgrades (which maybe you could add to the spire as a reward, just maybe). What is it worth, to now have to build a couple extra boosted manufacturing, workshops, and armories? let see, the catalysts are good, but the magic academy might need to be realigned to support the windfall of spell fragments. The tool windfalls and coin windfalls are always needed, the diamonds... bonus ** i can upgrade my magic academy (to support fellowship adventures enchantment needs). upgrade the builder to help when those events ask for 4 building upgrades. The buildings for prizes, i'd like to be able to see them, to see the value i would set. But over all, it's all about how you play the game. Should something be so easy to achieve (the building parts to the moonstone library) that you loose interest in the spire (even though as you advance a level, a building piece can be replaced). I also, play a game called gemwars, they have many different "event" things, going on constantly and change over every sunday night. Do i play every one of those events, some weeks, some times not. The thing is, I may get better "cards in that game, but it doesn't evolve like Elvenar lands do. The more you do in Elvenar, the more your land benefits. It seems difficult at first, but then you get accustom, and it becomes ordinary, almost tedious. But when you are a goal oriented person, you never go hungry with Elvenar. Elvenar gives people the "tools" through events, to help their "cities" grow quicker and prosper more, it's up to the person who has access to the tools whether they use them or not. So, with all the negative feedback, I say Good Job with the Spire. By the way, my acct that just made chapter 3, passed the 1st series of quests, but alas, i'll have to wait to the next event, when i am more prepared to handle the adventure.. before i find out how many different 16 chest levels there are.. :) the point is, mankind loves to explore and grow, monotony is slavery and stunted growth.

CrazyWizard

What's the new star rating? Will we finally get cross trades that are enormously unfair show up that way? I think the choices for fair are 1:2:4. 1:2.5:6.25 and 1:3:9. Really, only the first one is fair, but either of the second two are an improvement.

Well this is a forumpost (translated) written by a CM from one of the live servers.
The Game Designers have drawn the first concepts to modify the ratio between cross-tier trades.
Possibly this will be changed, because the the current system does not display the real value between goods.

So when I noticed this update, I got all exited to see the stars be changed as well, unfortunatly this was not (yet) the case.

Marindor

This adjustment is not really meant as a resolution for the cross tier difficulties yet. That's a different subject on which we are indeed still working :)

Richord

TRADER
Finally some extra options.
BUT why not cross-tier on/off?
BUT why not able to choose between 1-2-3star?

these are MORE important!

edeba

I find the tournament has become monotonous because you have to do so much to compete. I went out as far as I could with the very first new tournament and that was 27 provinces. Now I can go out mid 50 provinces, and to compete for placement, you have to go out far, so it is twice the time commitment. I used to be able to play a round of the tournament on my lunch break, but not any more, well, I don't go out as far on some rounds.

I am only about to start the tournament on my live account now...

the reward factor for the spire of eternity, well, my beta acct has only been since end of june, my live game accts, i've played for 2 years now.

How much troops and resources do i consider worth it, to obtain chests, relics, enchantment and books at the weekly tournaments. Well worth it, i love the extra books, i love the boosted manufacturing upgrades, i love the relics to make catalysts and enchantments, (for crafting & seasonal events), and if in a decent fellowship, the royal upgrades (which maybe you could add to the spire as a reward, just maybe).

What is it worth, to now have to build a couple extra boosted manufacturing, workshops, and armories? let see, the catalysts are good, but the magic academy might need to be realigned to support the windfall of spell fragments. The tool windfalls and coin windfalls are always needed, the diamonds... bonus **

i can upgrade my magic academy (to support fellowship adventures enchantment needs). upgrade the builder to help when those events ask for 4 building upgrades. The buildings for prizes, i'd like to be able to see them, to see the value i would set.

But over all, it's all about how you play the game. Should something be so easy to achieve (the building parts to the moonstone library) that you loose interest in the spire (even though as you advance a level, a building piece can be replaced).

I also, play a game called gemwars, they have many different "event" things, going on constantly and change over every sunday night. Do i play every one of those events, some weeks, some times not. The thing is, I may get better "cards in that game, but it doesn't evolve like Elvenar lands do. The more you do in Elvenar, the more your land benefits.

It seems difficult at first, but then you get accustom, and it becomes ordinary, almost tedious. But when you are a goal oriented person, you never go hungry with Elvenar. Elvenar gives people the "tools" through events, to help their "cities" grow quicker and prosper more, it's up to the person who has access to the tools whether they use them or not.

So, with all the negative feedback, I say Good Job with the Spire. By the way, my acct that just made chapter 3, passed the 1st series of quests, but alas, i'll have to wait to the next event, when i am more prepared to handle the adventure.. before i find out how many different 16 chest levels there are.. :) the point is, mankind loves to explore and grow, monotony is slavery and stunted growth.

Richord

finish the last chapter, get the time-wonder and that part is no problem.
the main problem is that (mainly on live servers) the cheaters with pushaccounts have such high wonders, that no matter your time, fire phenix and boosters; you'll loose anyway (meaning: top10 nearly impossible)

DeletedUser2991

I REALLY don't like the new notifications screen. The icon that shows the type of activity is way too big and it looks crowded and cluttered. I would prefer it if you switched the player picture and the activity icon. As it is, it's just not aesthetically pleasing.

Arayla

I REALLY don't like the new notifications screen. The icon that shows the type of activity is way too big and it looks crowded and cluttered. I would prefer it if you switched the player picture and the activity icon. As it is, it's just not aesthetically pleasing.
I thought the same when I saw it. Being able to quickly see which player is just as important as seeing which activity, so having the icons be equal in size would be an improvement.

Deleted User - 56274

The thing I don't like is the event pop-up screen. On live it happens in every city on my account and after the first city I just don't want to see it any more.