• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser1657

Totally agree with @calenmir, we get what we ask for, now it's time to ask for the next stage (and maybe in a year or two, we'll get it :p )

I am certain we already did ask for it. @SoggyShorts has better knowledge for forum posts then me but I am sure I have seen this come up if not on this forum then on the US one.

This issue is one of philosophies not asking, and we have been told that won't change.

TomatoeHu

I would like to point out how terrible mobile is for FA users as they cannot even hover to see, what production is set on which building, on a Mobile Sized screen, just to add difficulty to the whole thing. No tool tip, No pop up window. That means recalling or pencil mapping your city to hopefully, get it right. Being able to swipe through your city and collect your goods, does not cheapen the FA anymore than offering Badges for diamonds to sell off the top 10 spots with buildings worse then what we won two events ago.

Entire fellowships of mobile mostly users now exist who do not play fellowship adventures because its not fun to guess where your badges are and nearly impossible to participate in or against, browser based, diamond spending players. They should be able to swipe through and collect their badges in multiples, that barely levels the playing field. Fellowship adventures don't need to maintain a level of difficulty in a 6 day "feature" that kills more player enthusiasm towards the game then stream errors and events that give no daily buildings in chests.

Fellowships lose more players during this 6 day feature then the rest of the year. They are simply disruptive, and barely worth completing, why are we concerned about maintaining difficulty? How about the fact that mobile users have NO INBOX, zero in-game message system that saves and allows users to reply to each other, and, the chat completely wipes itself whenever it feels like. Thats a ton of FUN for your fellows and quite a planning adventure. Good grief. I want a list of everything that is "fun" about the adventure ( please don't say the art ). The best part of a Fellowship Adventure is when its over, the most fun its been was not being able to play it.

Mobile players have a pretty useless version of the game already but they shouldn't be asked to play Blindfolded ( no tool tips ), Deaf and Mute ( no messaging or chat retention ) as well as seriously, skip back and forth across a mobile screen to collect badges and redeem them individually. Whats the worse thing that could happen, more players playing the Fellowship Adventure and giving the top 30 fellowships "a run for their money"?

No, I don't play mobile. But this is on the list of why I don't and a really good reason why we have more dead cities then we should on our world map 30 days after an FA comes along and excites the Fun right out of us...

Dony

King of Bugs
about misclicking/not able to collect '10 smith's' at the same time:
Please don't talk about this... this is your own problem and part of FA!
misclicking in Tournament is also your own fault, so deal with it in silence :)
its design flaw on purpose, you know that they can add confimation window whenever your collection going to be wasted (and not allowing it to collect, same as when your storage of coin is full, you cant collect coins), same as confirmation if you really want to spend diamonds.

Heymrdiedier

its design flaw on purpose, you know that they can add confimation window whenever your collection going to be wasted (and not allowing it to collect, same as when your storage of coin is full, you cant collect coins), same as confirmation if you really want to spend diamonds.

there are always gonna be flaws as long as there is manual actions involved.

I understand the question that if you have 50 toolboxes ready and you collect them all, you get 10 blacksmiths. (easily programmed with auto collection)
The OP complained about misclicking when collecting 2 necklaces, so i assume he collected 2 marbles at once (or woods, or steels) before collecting the wood and steel. it looks a lot more complicated to program it to not loose progress there. I understand that this is maybe what inno doesnt want to do because its too much development time.

Personally my original problem with FA was the too much clicking involved. They took that away so i'm very happy. That you can still do missclicks, i dont mind that much, its part of the game. In the past ive always set up 1 or 2 extra workshops/factories to compensate for those misclicks.

In previous games i played, they dumbed down a lot of the challenges of the game aswell because of popular demand. I and many others ended up no longer playing those games because it became too easy, without challenge, and thus boring. I hope we arent going the same route on Elvenar aswell (we allready lost tedious and Soggy because of this when it comes to portal profit making it too easy - and i realise i launched ideas to make new players get to endgame faster, i never asked for endgame to be faster in the same way)

Dony

King of Bugs
In previous games i played, they dumbed down a lot of the challenges of the game aswell because of popular demand. I and many others ended up no longer playing those games because it became too easy, without challenge, and thus boring. I hope we arent going the same route on Elvenar aswell (we allready lost tedious and Soggy because of this when it comes to portal profit making it too easy - and i realise i launched ideas to make new players get to endgame faster, i never asked for endgame to be faster in the same way)
as Soggy said they can add 5-10% more badges needed to compensate that

Angedev

I've seen an idea on our forum long time ago and I think it's right time to share it with you:

When production is finished, we can see small icons over buildings (hammers, planks, dust etc.). What about having special icons for every type of production? For example 1 hour in WS - icon for bread (instead of hammers), 3 hours in steel manufactory - ring icon (instead of steel). It could help a little bit with misclicking, mainly in the app where are no tooltips.

DeletedUser2699

Way back when FA first came out there was language suggesting there was something more for finishing all 3 (Yellow, Blue and Green) paths in one round. Or was it all 3 in 3 rounds? Is this true? Is my fellowship missing out because they take the easiest routes?

Heymrdiedier

Way back when FA first came out there was language suggesting there was something more for finishing all 3 (Yellow, Blue and Green) paths in one round. Or was it all 3 in 3 rounds? Is this true? Is my fellowship missing out because they take the easiest routes?
depends how you look at it. The more checkpoints you do, the more FA points you get ... so the change of you winning a bigger prize at the end is greater.
Hoewever you only get the map prize once, so if you do 1 or all 3 paths, you still get the same prize as all the others who finished that map.

maxiqbert

you don't miss anything, except FA points, useful to have a chance to be in the top fellowships, that get a prize at the end of the adventure
edit : your fellowship is quite far from the top 10, so no regrets

edeba

You can't easily see what you've collected. I couldn't see that I'd already collected so when the badge didn't complete, I saw a marble I had not collected and that was the one I thought I'd missed only it wasn't. Seems to me there is still a lot of clicking to try and go back and see what you need for a badge. There's no visual about what you still need for any badge as you collect something, except the default brewery.

The OP complained about misclicking when collecting 2 necklaces, so i assume he collected 2 marbles at once (or woods, or steels) before collecting the wood and steel. it looks a lot more complicated to program it to not loose progress there. I understand that this is maybe what inno doesnt want to do because its too much development time.

Deleted User - 60107

You can't easily see what you've collected. [...] There's no visual about what you still need for any badge as you collect something, except the default brewery.
Actually, there is. Clkick on any badge to see what you need for it. Here's an example:
Badges3.png

lika1961

Did anyone else have a problem with the Pit screen not updating? We had to keep refreshing after adding badges to see the next one.

edeba

I disagree that that is easy. You have to know which badge to click on and have incredible aptitude to realize you need to click and look and you have to know the badge symbols. The FA has NEVER been set up to support learning the badges names linked to symbols. I still don't know the symbols.

Actually, there is. Clkick on any badge to see what you need for it. Here's an example:
View attachment 6066

maxiqbert

Did anyone else have a problem with the Pit screen not updating? We had to keep refreshing after adding badges to see the next one.
yep, quite annoying

I disagree that that is easy. You have to know which badge to click on and have incredible aptitude to realize you need to click and look and you have to know the badge symbols. The FA has NEVER been set up to support learning the badges names linked to symbols. I still don't know the symbols.
maybe you didn't notice the (new) mouse over
mouse over.jpg