• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug fellowship adventure quest giver mark is influenced by generic quest giver mark

Avenahar

Game version: 1.84
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Google Chrome, current version
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.223
Operating System: windows 10
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080
Account name: Avenahar
Humans or Elves: Elf

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation: opening a fullfilled generic quest after finishing a task, that also fullfilled a Fellowship Adventure badge the green hook for the fellowship adventure changes to a blue exclamation mark
__

Expected situation: the green hook for the fellowship adventure quest should stay until I open the quest giver

Reproduction Steps
1. I fullfilled a generic quest and an fellowship adventure quest at the same time, both quest givers show with a green hook, that the quest is finished (screenshot 1)
2. I open the quest giver of the generic quest (screenshot 2) and with confirming "Finish" of the box and closing it the sign of the fellowship adventure quest changes into a blue exclamation mark (screenshot 3)
3. I open the fellowship adventure quest (screenshot 4) and with opening the window the sign of the quest giver changes back to the green hook (screenshot 5).

Screenshots
1.jpg
2a.jpg
3.jpg

5a.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:

Karvest

More likely that was not a quest itself, but obtaining new coins from it that triggered mark on coins badge. (finally quest rewards are counted in FA badges?)
Not changing green mark to blue one if there is unclaimed badge was already suggested in feedback, but for now any advancement of any badge change mark of FA quest to the mark of that last advancement.

Avenahar

@Theodore "The blue ! mark on the outside is to indicate there are items not finished."
The blue mark should appear again as soon as I collected the badge for which I goot the green hook and not before.
In my reported case the green hook appeared, disappeared when I confirmed the generic quest and appeared again after I opened the quest giver for the FA. On - off - on...this isn't a bug?

DeletedUser2690

This is what Marindor said: "Do you mean that the blue exclamation mark next to the quest icon should be a green checkmark? For in that case, this is the way it's designed. Since for the system only a part of the "quest" is done, it would be an exclamation mark. If you would have done all the badge quests at once, it would be a green checkmark, but since there are still open "tasks" in the complete overview, it's not fully done yet. If that is what you mean, we can forward it as feedback for improvement. If you mean something different, please let us know :)"

He archived the bug report and forwarded it as feedback in suggestions for improvement. I cannot argue with what you are saying. I am merely stating that is how it was intended to be. It is not a bug. That does not mean that, as a player, I like the way it is; nor, does it mean that I don't. I am merely in the same position as you are and have grown accustomed to the way it is working. If the developers choose to change it to the way that you believe it should be, then I will be okay with that as well.

When the badge menu is closed and a badge is completed, it will show up green and temporarily give the green checkmark. If there are other things to be completed, it will change back to a blue exclamation point. Once opened, the badge menu will show the badges completed as green and with a checkmark again. That's how it works. That's how it was developed.

On behalf of Elvenar, I apologize for the fact that you are annoyed with how it works. Unfortunately, I cannot rule it to be a bug when the developers say it is not.

Avenahar

thank you for taking the time to give this complete explanation @Theodore . I understand that it would be better a post for a new idea. Perhaps I will work on that one day. :)

DeletedUser2576

Actually i think i prefer the current behaviour but i am not sure.
In this setup you will end with way to many of the 6 newer badges (for KP, coins, troops, and enchantments) than you need so your questgiver would be permanent green marked when you don't claim these. With ignoring them the questgiver behaviour is way better in the current version because you actually see when you have another quest done because it swaps back to blue after ignoring the not needed quest.

Avenahar

@Syonis the quest giver for the FA changes from green to blue when I open the quest giver of the generic quest as if I claimed a badge. But I thought the behaviour of the different quest givers should be independend. But if the develloppers want the quest giver of the FA to react on what I am doing in the quest giver of the generic quest (I think it would be the same for a story quest giver) then it's like that.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Please let me help to clear things up :)

More likely that was not a quest itself, but obtaining new coins from it that triggered mark on coins badge. (finally quest rewards are counted in FA badges?)

This is the correct explanation of what happened here. By finishing that generic quest, you got coins, which changed your progress towards the Bag of Coins badge and therefore the green checkmark changed into a blue exclamation mark, indicating there's new progress. So this is indeed not a bug, but the intended behaviour :)

Avenahar

thank you @Marindor your clear words helped me to understand that there was no interaction but a legal reaction. You see, the new system can also lead to confusion nevertheless it's great and I admit the new way of collecting badges.