• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures

DeletedUser2899

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please see the announcement of our latest addition to the game here: Fellowship Adventures! We are of course very curious for your feedback so please let us know what you think about it in this thread!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
absolutely love the new badge system... it was more aggravation, clicking through a line of badges to find the one you needed, depending on how many badges you were harvesting for. it was a time consuming, frustrating ordeal, making one feel, it was more aggravation than was worth the prizes to complete the quest.

Lovec Krys

2 points for new FA:
1) Finally removed the crazy tedious clicking through the quest queue: Great +
2) BUT, by forcing us to collect only one badge of the same kind (if I collect 50 one day workshops, I LOOSE 9 of 10 badges!), it seems like only half work has been made.

Conclusion: I wanted to write something complimentary about the change, but with the point 2 I simply cannot. It's still unfinished.

PrimroseSylvia

by forcing us to collect only one badge of the same kind (if I collect 50 one day workshops, I LOOSE 9 of 10 badges!)
Sorry, but I really don't understand this. In old system to collect 10 badges of the same kind we have to scroll trought 15 quests (just because 2 identical badges couldn't be present at the same time), so there were lots of boring clicking; now we only have to open FA quest icon and claim the badge, only 2 click. Am I missing something?

DeletedUser1657

Am I missing something?
Yep, while the new system is miles better than the old system, a lot of players feel it could have been even better. Due to Marindo'rs earlier post it is clear that was intended and is a philosophical difference in which part of production players and dev's see as planning. Many player's see it in the setting of production while the devs seem to see it as the collecting.

While I personally don't agree with the devs in that, if I put it aside, the new system is great. Only thing I could see that might be nice is when hitting collect that it collects all completed badges rather than 1 at a time, at least it automatically moves to each completed one.

I am very grateful the devs didn't listen to the players who wanted a drop-box, I would have cried had we waited that long for something so out-dated.

Dony

King of Bugs
I am very grateful the devs didn't listen to the players who wanted a drop-box, I would have cried had we waited that long for something so out-dated.
well since i wanted that drop box in first FA we had, but never imagined that this would take years to implement
of course after so long much better system could be made, but if second FA we had would have drop box eveybody would be happy back then

CrazyWizard

Maybe I have, but that doesn't change the fact that after a year of waiting players still have to click very carefully and hand in (identical) quests 1 at a time for no good reason.
That @Marindor said this is on purpose is completely out of touch with what players want.

Enjoy.
Maybe you indeed really need a break from this game.
Guess right now you're in a state where it doesn't matter what they do the glass is always half-empty instead of half-full.
You're right now the only one seeing badly at the current update.

If they would follow your suggestion then most likely you would complain that on the PC you won't be able to activate all your factories in one go like on the app. ect. ect. ect.

Maybe after a while you can calm down and enjoy the game again.

Lovec Krys

@PrimroseSylvia Yes, the new system is much better, but if you have more space (like between chapters), you still have to collect production, collect badge and repeat.
In my example if I have 50 workshops (that's possible between chapters without destroying your city) and produce Toolboxes, you still have to pick up 5 toolboxes, collect badge, pick up another 5 toolboxes, collect badge, and repeat this 10x in total. So it simply feels like unfinished. It would be much better if you could picked up all 50 toolboxes at once and then collect all 10 badges.

PrimroseSylvia

Now I see! Same here, 55 workshops and doing blacksmiths :) collecting one by one - agree - it's boring, but even better than previous system... yes, they can improve that and it would be amazing, I just hope we haven't to wait for years :p

DeletedUser2817

I think it makes sense to have to do a sequence of items and then collect each badge separately. This would allow them to for example create a system where one thing counts for more than one badge and is "available" and then subtracted, so basically if badge A is "collect 24 hour workshop production plus one magical manufacturing" and badge B is "collect one magical manufacturing and 3-hour silk badge" then the MM could count either for badge A or badge B, depending on where you want to use it IF badges are not accrued automatically. It gives more flexibility in terms of how they design the badges. (This would require them to be able to deduct something from an accrued total for a badge if it is used for another badge, but that would be possible to code.)

I agree that something like an FA shouldn't be able to be completed by just doing things as you normally would in your city and then seeing what badges that activity might have completed, which is how it could be done if badges auto-complete.

DeletedUser

Wow, everybody so much in awe (sort of) of the new quest system for the badges, that nobody noticed the rewards? ;)
The new quest system is fine, I like it. But what I really really really don’t like are the rewards. All are focused on crafting! Just like every reward in the Challenges was. No more kp-badges sadly. :(
I have crafting things coming out of my ears now, but still nothing worthwhile to craft, so why should I bother? :mad:

crafting.gif

CrazyWizard

Wow, everybody so much in awe (sort of) of the new quest system for the badges, that nobody noticed the rewards? ;)
The new quest system is fine, I like it. But what I really really really don’t like are the rewards. All are focused on crafting! Just like every reward in the Challenges was. No more kp-badges sadly. :(
I have crafting things coming out of my ears now, but still nothing worthwhile to craft, so why should I bother? :mad:

View attachment 6051

Looks like the prizes are more centered towards more regular players, and newbies who missed out on to many artefacts, or player who made the mistake to level to many different onces not achieving prime power on one.

I love the 30 catalist spells, once again I am struggling on those.
But yeah for many vets the prizes are underwhelming, that has to be said. on the other hand, it's a lot more fun now to just go quickly to the end without all the clicky hassle we had before. So i don't really mind the tradeoff for now.

DeletedUser1657

I did and like you was not impressed (not unimpressed either, just meh) I also find it interesting that the reward for path 3 is barely better than path 2. My beta fellowship is still map 1 but from past adventures the work to complete map 3 is much more than the other 2 combined, so its a bit disappointing in that respect.

I do like the phoenix upgrades, that was a nice touch. It is probably the spell fragments that I feel could have had some variation.

@Ritsel For KPs, there is tournament. You can get hundreds of KPs each week.

Except you need tens if not over a hundred thousand of these so we aren't even close to been given an over-supply. One could also argue the same about spell fragments and tournaments. Except, spell fragments have a lot less demand due to random luck on getting something decent to craft.

A building is also comparable to spell fragments, cause if it is useless you turn it into spell fragments but those who find it useful get something handy/good.

Deleted User - 62044

lovely work, a realy god work

my feedback........ in two words...... TOO LATE.

Maillie

I honestly didn't really mind the fact that the new process didn't keep accumulating after I had enough to complete a badge. That's the way it always was. In the past when I collected the workshops in the morning I would only need 5 of the 9 hour supplies, but several times when the FA first started I would slide my mouse over another one or two before remembering that I only needed 5. I then had to click...decline, click ... decline .... all the way back, and any extra ones were lost the same as today. Generally after the first day of the FA I would remember, as I'm sure we will now. I believe that if we could just slide the mouse over everything in the city at once and then go see what badges we have it would be too brainless to be fun. If something is too difficult it's not fun for me. If it's too easy it's also not fun.

The Silent One

Will there be an updated spreadsheet available when this goes to live worlds? or is there already one and I'm not finding it?
Loving the new quest gathering upgrades!
Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

SoggyShorts

You're right now the only one seeing badly at the current update.
Oh REally? I'm the only one? Maybe you didn't see these posts?

I still feel its only on half way to be perfect, why all progress cant be exceeded like vapor vision? This whould remove another hundreds of useless clicks or missclicks
I completely agree that the point was totally missed in that we can't accumulate extra.
It is a great improvement, but I have to agree woth soggyshorts
2) BUT, by forcing us to collect only one badge of the same kind (if I collect 50 one day workshops, I LOOSE 9 of 10 badges!), it seems like only half work has been made.
While I personally don't agree with the devs in that, if I put it aside, the new system is great.

Of course many posters are gushing over the improvement. It is miles better than before, but it could have been truly great. Making players carefully collect 1 precious ring, then 1 marble mosaic, then 1 wooden figurine and then hand in 1 badge and repeat five times is still a poor design choice. Letting players collect from all 5 plank factories, all 5 marble, and all 5 steel in one swooping click has absolutely zero downside and would have been a huge improvement.
Maybe after a while you can calm down and enjoy the game again.
Try to understand: I'm perfectly calm- just a little sad that inno is still so out of touch.

If they would follow your suggestion then most likely you would complain that on the PC you won't be able to activate all your factories in one go like on the app. ect. ect. ect.
Of course I would. Doing 1 good thing deserves a little praise, but that's no reason to ignore all other flaws.
For me to stop asking for basic things that should already exist in gam the devs would need to clear this list:
  1. Add the scout icon to the main bar so players can see if it is available.
  2. Make the start of the chapter more obvious by having the advanced scouts tech to the left of the dividing line.
  3. Implement hotkeys on the fight page for selecting troops.
  4. Change event quests from "produce boosted T1" to "produce any T1" to make it fair for players with larger level 1 factories.
  5. Add blueprints to the inventory so players can see how many they have.
  6. Replace every "Awesome" pop-up with just a floating text.
And others that would take some time but it would be measured in hours, not months and should certainly not still be an issue years later.
  1. Replace the FA quests with the Crafting Challenge system so that collecting 1 beverage automatically gives 1 Dwarven Badge and 1 toolbox automatically gives 1 Blacksmith Badge.
  2. Implement the mobile features on the browser and vice-versa- there should never be such a massive imbalance between features that players are sitting in front of their PC doing visits on their phone.
  3. Fast visits, "auto next tournament spot", and "set all" workshops on browser like on mobile.
  4. Donate KP and have messages on mobile like on browser.
  5. Messages upgrade: autocomplete names, Sticky threads, "select all mages" add fonts/bold etc.
  6. Notification overhaul:split trades, visits, and other into different tabs.
  7. When a wonder that we donated to completes, tell us who's wonder it was.
  8. Chat upgrade: Add more channels such as Mages, Whisper, Gobal 1-10, Trade, Event, and Help.
  9. Trader upgrade: Add a cross-tier filter, allow partial trade purchases, and move trades with the best ratio to the top.
  10. Matchmaking: Add some basic features that allow FS and players to find each other like letting FS set recruiting status and minimum requirements while letting players filter fellowship lists by the same.
These are all universally desired features with no drawbacks (since they don't affect game balance) A company that pulls in over $200,000,000 per year with over 400 employees should be able to handle something that an indie company does in some guy's basement.

After I stopped playing Elvenar it took me all of 30 minutes to find another game that already checked all those boxes. My wife still plays though since she loves the artwork and is the AM so I still have some stake in how things improve(or not) here.