• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Dony

King of Bugs
Having 41 factories at chapter 4 takes a tremendous amount of supplies and people at higher chapters say they don't want windfall gifts. I also can't make Pop spells for my workshops because they use the same freaking relics as some of my wonders and cc spells. I'm left with windfall gifts to try and boost up my supply inventory.
you are playing in unintended way, thats not the fault of game tho, but rather of your gameplay, being smart in this game is a key

DeletedUser

you are playing in unintended way, thats not the fault of game tho, but rather of your gameplay, being smart in this game is a key
Pretty sure, I've never told anyone they are stupid for creating boosted only cities. I personally don't think they would have added supply instants to the game if the "intended" way to play was your way.

Potvorisko

Right now the 2 compete with eachother for recources and the tournament wins hands down that competition. there you get loads of goodies while at the spire you get a load of junk.
This includes spell fragments.
index.php

This is impossible, I am always left of them, since it is possible to craft KP with rune shards. So I use CC for pet food and spell fragments for whatever - little timers, KP...sometime I spare some CC for fight building (actually I always have at least 8 CC on hand for this case).

So spire as a souce for spell fragments and catalysts ist great idea...but still, we gain rubbish in spire for great prize. + in academy is very offten rubbish as well (unicorns, relics...).

lika1961

Pretty sure, I've never told anyone they are stupid for creating boosted only cities. I personally don't think they would have added supply instants to the game if the "intended" way to play was your way.

Pretty sure nobody called you stupid. You keep making statements about your way of building a city and then being outraged when people disagree with you. Build and play the way you want, but please remember that everyone has their own opinion of what the best way of doing that is.

ekarat

No off course over time I collected an insane amount of relics, but assuming I had not, In fact I do play a fairly new account. and the thing I really need from several tournaments except the KP are actually relics.
It aren't only the wonders that are hungry, So is the magic acedemy. especially now I upgraded it. it devours steel, crystal and elixer relics (lucky me for not needing scrolls and or magic dust ones those tournaments are tough)
Each time those tournaments are active I need a minimum of 252 of those relics. which is ok but as a chapter 9 account that still takes some effort.

So, at maximal upgrade, spells take 2 hours per relic, and if you are doing CC 4x/day, then that's 252 of each every 9 weeks. Got it. Just trying to understand where you are coming from.

And from helping, you might get ~7 of each relic from help chests, which is only 3-4% of what you need. I also assume you've saturated the world map, which gives ~10 relics per exploration, which might take ~3 days, so maybe that brings it up to ~10% of what you need. Storyline quests give you relics, but those are not repeatable. Events can give relics -- I used to get hundreds from each event, but that's not reliable. I can see why you are a proponent of tournaments.

At the same time, if you are making CC spells in your academy, then each CC spell as a prize is worth at least 3 relics to you -- and specifically the relics you need, so arguably it's worth 9 random relics, if the others are useless.

Long story short, if you are using the relics to make CC spells, then getting CC spells as prizes should be as useful to you as getting relics -- it's just a matter of quantity.

DeletedUser

Pretty sure nobody called you stupid. You keep making statements about your way of building a city and then being outraged when people disagree with you. Build and play the way you want, but please remember that everyone has their own opinion of what the best way of doing that is.
I'm not outraged, the only people who get outraged and start name calling are the people who don't like how I have built my city. I was explaining why I like windfalls, why I'd like them lowered in the prize chain. Dony's comment was completely unnecessary. As yours is. If you think inno put them in just for me, well thank you inno. Man do I have some pull.

CrazyWizard

So, at maximal upgrade, spells take 2 hours per relic, and if you are doing CC 4x/day, then that's 252 of each every 9 weeks. Got it. Just trying to understand where you are coming from.

And from helping, you might get ~7 of each relic from help chests, which is only 3-4% of what you need. I also assume you've saturated the world map, which gives ~10 relics per exploration, which might take ~3 days, so maybe that brings it up to ~10% of what you need. Storyline quests give you relics, but those are not repeatable. Events can give relics -- I used to get hundreds from each event, but that's not reliable. I can see why you are a proponent of tournaments.

At the same time, if you are making CC spells in your academy, then each CC spell as a prize is worth at least 3 relics to you -- and specifically the relics you need, so arguably it's worth 9 random relics, if the others are useless.

Long story short, if you are using the relics to make CC spells, then getting CC spells as prizes should be as useful to you as getting relics -- it's just a matter of quantity.

You are absolutly right, each CC won in the spire can be converted to relics.
But there are 2 problems, 1 problem is dat you just get CC and not other goodies but thats minor. the mayor problem is that you can't calculate what resources you might need to spend to get those CC spells.

This is because in the spire prizes aren't guaranteed but it's a percentage of. so you have a "chance to win" x CC spells.
Therefore I cannot convert won CC to relics for a comparison to the tournaments.

We looked a bit more into the spire data, and we think we found an escape to do spire from the perspective as an end gamer. looks like the spire will ask for a lot of "obsolete" goods from an end gamer perspective to find a way to crawl at least trough a part of the tower. 2 levels should be possible we think.

Once you have reached the end of the tech thinks like coins, supplies, seeds and mana, t4/5/6 ect no longer holds any value.
It doesn't compete with the tournaments, and it would be a great way to het neighbourly help back on the map to aquire the required materials.

But this is off course from an end-gamers perspective, as you haven't reached that stage yet you are most likely starved from those goods and really can't spare them, but it would work for me at least.

ekarat

You are absolutly right, each CC won in the spire can be converted to relics.
But there are 2 problems, 1 problem is dat you just get CC and not other goodies but thats minor. the mayor problem is that you can't calculate what resources you might need to spend to get those CC spells.

This is because in the spire prizes aren't guaranteed but it's a percentage of. so you have a "chance to win" x CC spells.
Therefore I cannot convert won CC to relics for a comparison to the tournaments.

We looked a bit more into the spire data, and we think we found an escape to do spire from the perspective as an end gamer. looks like the spire will ask for a lot of "obsolete" goods from an end gamer perspective to find a way to crawl at least trough a part of the tower. 2 levels should be possible we think.

Once you have reached the end of the tech thinks like coins, supplies, seeds and mana, t4/5/6 ect no longer holds any value.
It doesn't compete with the tournaments, and it would be a great way to het neighbourly help back on the map to aquire the required materials.

But this is off course from an end-gamers perspective, as you haven't reached that stage yet you are most likely starved from those goods and really can't spare them, but it would work for me at least.

Does this mean that fighting in the spire is a bad idea (even for a military focused city) and that negotiating is best?

CrazyWizard

unless you remove all residences in favor of pop_culture hybrids
Well each choice has it's downsides and it benefits.
If you remove/remved all coin production from your city, you might get hurt, but thats your choice of building it.

Does this mean that fighting in the spire is a bad idea (even for a military focused city) and that negotiating is best?
from an end game prospect it looks like it will be.
Off course thats only from that perspective. we still have to see the final implementation before we can call it true or false.

but it's a fact that once you have build your city to the max, and finished the tech tree certain goods are for a while "useless" so when these are askes in the spire it would be an excellent place to ditch the "useless" goodies untill a new chapter arrives.

Dony

King of Bugs
How will the updating of Spire works? Since it starts and ends outside of working schedule, will one of the future spire be postponed or update will happen in the middle?

King Luckybaby

I ask myself

The current Set-Buildings produce extremly many goods ........
FOR FREE !!!

Why not Set-Buildings with warriors
Extremly many Warriors - like the "Goods-Sets"
FOR FREE ;)

Maybe - then it is possible - to tight better

Loki Blue

I ask myself

The current Set-Buildings produce extremly many goods ........
FOR FREE !!!

Why not Set-Buildings with warriors
Extremly many Warriors - like the "Goods-Sets"
FOR FREE ;)

Maybe - then it is possible - to tight better

You've already made a thread for this in the Ideas & Suggestions forum...are you asking for these buildings to be offered as rewards in the Spire?

Heymrdiedier

How will the updating of Spire works? Since it starts and ends outside of working schedule, will one of the future spire be postponed or update will happen in the middle?
im not sure what you are asking here. They will do live update on tuesday or thursday as usual, and the first spire will start the next sunday? or am i missing something?

DeletedUser2576

The spire will not start this sunday.

King Luckybaby

You've already made a thread for this in the Ideas & Suggestions forum...are you asking for these buildings to be offered as rewards in the Spire?

Maybe - in the Spire !
It could be - also - a possibility

All events I played
Always set buildings with tools or goods
Why not the opportunity - as at the harvest or the Christmas Event
We were able to collect several sets
Why not in the future ?
Both of them
But Sets with Goods and Tolls and Sets with different types of warriors ?

And again - sorry for my English !

King Luckybaby

@King Luckybaby

This thread is specifically for feedback on the Spire though. ;)

We can talk about this in your suggestion thread. :)

I have answerd in my suggestion thread ! :)

I read here - Problems with too few warriors and thought ....
We have sets with many goods
If we had sets with many warriors
It would be - maybe - a solution for the problem with the Spire ???

DeletedUser1739

As already said, the rewards in the tower are a big joke.
Given the costs, we could expect better.
I do not think anyone would spit on a 20h time boost. Even the small levels would not refuse them. Given the rarity, it's always taken ;)
After several unsuccessful attempts, I give up the tower. Doing only fighting in auto, I can not pass the 3rd wave. This is too much of a loss.
I will return to tournaments that are a safe bet :)

Moreover, as long as it remains a personal challenge, I do not think I will be interested again unless the rewards change. Finally, maybe I'll change my mind.

Last edited by a moderator: