• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[Tournaments] Reduce Tournament encounters

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

I am not so sure these players represent the masses. I really believe leaving the first page would best should there be a reduction, which I think there should.
Like lovec said, loads and loads of players only do the first page, so leaving it ruins the whole idea for too many players.

edeba

I think the problem is they are just not into the tournament if they limit play to only the first page.

Like lovec said, loads and loads of players only do the first page, so leaving it ruins the whole idea for too many players.

Lovec Krys

@edeba Or have more than one city and do tournament fully only in one of them. You do tournament fully in both live and beta cities? I don't, too much consuming.

UlyssesBlue

I think the problem is they are just not into the tournament if they limit play to only the first page.
I rarely go much beyond the first page because I just don't have that sort of time or resources. That's a pretty big commitment on its own and will still achieve a very good score. If everyone in a fellowship did this you'd get 10 chests every week. Saying someone who doesn't achieve beyond this level is "just not into the tournament" is simply incorrect.

Heymrdiedier

so if i look at the spire QA, i see they did exactly what was suggested here in the spire. Instead of making 4 encounters, you now get 1 which is harder troopwise/catercost wise.

So if you look at the solution like they did it in spire, do you still want it?

DeletedUser2003

so if i look at the spire QA, i see they did exactly what was suggested here in the spire. Instead of making 4 encounters, you now get 1 which is harder troopwise/catercost wise.

Eeeek! I don't think ANYONE wants it, if they do it like the Spire! BUT...

THIS is a first round encounter in Planks Tourney for me (Amuni Chapter)
Planks Tourney Round 1 b.png

THIS is a Spire Encounter Round 1 (Amuni Chapter)
SoE Round 1.png

No matter how you look at it, that is NOT 4 combined into 1. That's the whole first 8 provs combined into 1 !! :p

DeletedUser2817

Just an updated comment on the discussion on the ability of a relatively new player having 1 province out of 4 being difficult and my intuition that we don't have that many provinces. It turns out I only have 2 planks provinces open (luck of the draw). So a conservative chapter 3 player will not have 4-5 but potentially even fewer provinces to choose from.

Of course this assumes that the newer player is savvy and event-oriented, as I am. I have only 27 provinces completed and intend to complete another 10-12 during the event in order to complete the required scouting, encounters and some relics (some of the encounters and relics I'll pick up from tournaments, but I don't have enough provinces open to get them all that way).

SoggyShorts

The ultimate goal is 10 chests, and you think players getting that are "just not into it"?
Even if you were right(which you aren't) those players might be more "into it" if it didn't take so damn long.

That is grossly unfair.
"If they make it 2,000x more difficult do you still want this?"
Obviously not.
Also catering and manual don't even work in the spire so we can't compare.
I can tell you that yes, I'm very very happy that there werent 4x as many fights

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

That is grossly unfair.
"If they make it 2,000x more difficult do you still want this?"
Obviously not.
Also catering and manual don't even work in the spire so we can't compare.
I can tell you that yes, I'm very very happy that there werent 4x as many fights

You're right, it is unfair the way i put it to you now.

You might have noticed, i was one of the first to reply id like this idea.
But from the past, we know that we never get something we want from inno, without getting something else with it that we dont want.
(fe look at flying units -> combat overhaul and still no flying units. BP change for non diamond players -> RRS with a bad conversion ratio etc etc)
So i fear that if this idea gets put through, this is the solution they will give us. Im actually pretty sure it will be exactly this, because it also combines another point of criticism we had for years, being fight based on squad size (with optional ones in it). And the way spire works its based on research progress and other stuff and not only SS.

So after seeing the possible solution, id rather not put this idea through and spend some more time, Even tho i like the simple straightforward version of your idea.

Lovec Krys

@Heymrdiedier Well, if they transfer this into the make tournaments as hard as Spire currently is, the'll get:
Mass player revolt (even worse than when rebalancing event buildings)
and
Mass player quits (including many top and paying players).

edeba

I concede... Another idea is just the first level up to 9 unchanged, because this would allow some practice. I actually still use the early provinces for practice.

Another idea is declining by chapter, so say no change through to chapter 5, down to 3 for chapter 6 and 7, down to 2 for chapter 8 and 9, and down to one by chapter 10. Then the increased time demand as your game gets bigger is offset by reduced encounters. There could even be a tech for each of the three reductions, "reduced tournament encounters." With all the free diamonds, they could even put it in the tech tree as optional with diamonds to open, 500, 1000, 1500...

When I think about this, it would actually leave people who don't want a change that option...

But, we have these big discussions and no feedback from inno as to whether they'd even consider the idea, so it is all really mute at this point... I wish we'd get feedback...

But, I think I am coming to the end of my time with this game just because I am finding I am dreading the tournament. It is like a tolerance switch was hit it has just become too much...

DeletedUser

@edeba, you continue to come up with good ideas. You could take your suggestion to a simple toggle, 4 encounters off, click on to make all non-finished encounters to 1 and back to 4 by switching it off.

While this is off topic, I would hate to see a player like you leave. You’re very good at brainstorming and besides me making a handful here and there, you were the first person I had seen in a long time start making suggestions. Then others followed.

Take a break from tournaments, come join me and others who aren’t in them to push for other activities. With you at the helm, maybe things can change.

SoggyShorts

There could even be a tech for each of the three reductions, "reduced tournament encounters." With all the free diamonds, they could even put it in the tech tree as optional with diamonds to open, 500, 1000, 1500...
This is brilliant.
But, I think I am coming to the end of my time with this game just because I am finding I am dreading the tournament. It is like a tolerance switch was hit it has just become too much...
I feel you. I'm currently deciding which cities to drop, and how many.:(

edeba

I keep checking to see if there is any inno feedback... Another tournament that I am struggling to do at all... It is really looking like I'm soon to be done... Repetition limit reached!

palmira

I think the spire should be a good example how bad this idea is: less encounters means huge squad sizes, you loose a battle and you loose a bunchload of troops. Not everybody likes manual fighting and 1 encounter per province would mean auto fighters were out . of the tourneys pretty soon on the map

CrazyWizard

It is in inno thought patterns.
As some has stated before, spire might be a look into the future when it comes to this idea, and how to solve the ss issue.

And just to pester ya a bit more they have just added a slow animation so now the encounters take longer on the app.:(

SoggyShorts

I keep checking to see if there is any inno feedback... Another tournament that I am struggling to do at all... It is really looking like I'm soon to be done... Repetition limit reached!
I'm getting by with 100% catering-- SO MUCH FASTER! But it's not really sustainable for decent score so time will run out.
I think the spire should be a good example how bad this idea is: less encounters means huge squad sizes, you loose a battle and you loose a bunchload of troops.
Absolute rubbish. In the spire the squad sizes are insane. In this tournament suggestion, it would be 4x the troops for 1/4 the encounters so exactly the same, just fewer clicks. Not 100x the losses like the spire.
Not everybody likes manual fighting and 1 encounter per province would mean auto fighters were out . of the tourneys pretty soon on the map
What? Why? That makes zero sense. I'm an autofighter and I would love to do 1/4 the autofighting that's what the suggestion is all about.