• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Lovec Krys

Since I'm unable to test it past the second chest, my conclusion can be a little early, but from the short test I've been able to do, it seems that in my main city I'll either only negotiate and save troops for tournament, or completely skip the spire (if the negotiation costs are too high in higher chests).

Dony

King of Bugs
Things i dont like: timers between gates are too big and unconfortable, so claims from video that play at your own pace is completely misleading, we need every day to actually finish it all, which leaves us to play at exact time every day which is once again horrible
i want to play every day after i have come home from work, which is not possible with current setup without using time boosters/diamonds, better way would be to have all 3 timers from gates run simultaneously after you enter new map (something like 12h, 15h, 18h, after 18h i could do whole map at my own pace) then timer for next map, and then again all 3 timer for gates simultaneously, we would still need whole week but with our own pace

second thing i really dont like is coin and supplies rewards, there is zero needs for it for advanced cities, we got plenty of it from event buildings, regular buildings, ancient wonders, and have 90% chance from 100 to get this is demotivating and feel unrewarding, there are plenty of other rewards you can use here for atleast some other chests (if not all) so there is more diversity between them
maybe others will like the chance to win 15 diamonds but i dont, it also feels unrewarding even tho its nice to finally win some diamonds from other sources

personally i have no clue how you want implement multiplayer in spire, if its just 4th map with no reward similar to FAs bottomless pit then no thank you, some vision from devs would be nice to know

Elrondriel

So, to get this straight: basically, the ONLY gameplay feature that is actually shown (although only as prototype) in the announcement video is diplomacy / negotiation but when Spire hits Beta, this is the one feature that is abolutely NOT working ??? Really ??? Adding this to the list of epic communications fails :confused: ...

As I can't test anything but looking at the screen, there are two design issues to mention:
(a) The city Spire graphics does not blend smoothly into the landscape, it is overlapping and looks like a "sticker" (HTML5 & Flash). Hopefully, it is only a draft anyway, as the visual appearance is dramatically falling behind anything else.
(b) The Woodelve has grown out of that wooden plate at his feet o_O ... is this how Woodelves are born ;) ? Come on ... what is this ?

Dony

King of Bugs
The city Spire graphics does not blend smoothly into the landscape, it is overlapping and looks like a "sticker" (HTML5 & Flash). Hopefully, it is only a draft anyway, as the visual appearance is dramatically falling behind anything else.
with next chapter they are going to increase city map for more expansions and the spire will move to better position, we will just have to wait until then
61038014_2247701768652375_5143904321204649984_n.jpg

DeletedUser332

squad size in spire is not determined from our squad size

If it's not based on squad size, how do they determine what size to make yours and the enemy's squads? And does that mean squad size increases actually have a benefit?

charlemagne3

It seems that if you don't have a fire phoenix at level 10 and all the troop aw's this new element is not winable. I have a fire phoenix but only at level 2 and no way to make it any higher.Feeding it was not enough for me to win the battle I am stuck at. I can win one of the two battles. I've tried this same step about 10 times with different troop selections and I am stuck. There is as far as I can see not a thing I can do to move to the next step, so you've lost me. I expect I am not the only player that isn't oriented to fighting and you've made this impossible for us to progress. I didn't expect it to be a gimme but I also didn't expect it to be made so that I can not even progress to the first chest with a possibility of winning an okay prize (100 diamonds).

The graphics are cool but I am very disappointed in the feature

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
If it's not based on squad size, how do they determine what size to make yours and the enemy's squads? And does that mean squad size increases actually have a benefit?
enemy squad bases is based on your spire squad, and your squad is based on your city progression since you need to negotiate with sentient goods, mana and so on

Loki Blue

My first run-through as my (ahem) respectable self... (Player 1, as it were, just getting set up in Woodelves.)
First impression is just WOW. I love the artwork, and the graphics are lovely. So far, I don't have a problem, and as a seasoned player of FOE's Guild Expedition, I don't have an issue with the 'combat in waves' aspect. But I need to train more troops now. :p

Player 2 (Hela, started in August 2017, as a test for Masquerade P2. Currently at the end of Chapter 4.)
Ah...my bad. Since "Convince" isn't available at the moment, I'll have to come back to her. Miserably low amount of troops, instantly defeated. Please don't judge harshly...Lyngvi is mostly a "showcase" city anyway. :p:p

I do not have a Fire Phoenix, and I did not have a problem winning fights until I ran low. Since the Spire isn't available to brand new cities, I can't test with the other three yet. If I develop any issues later today (I'm a bit rushed right now), I'll post them.

Angeduciel

1)
Are you guys all in html5? Because flash on windows is not that spire friendly: for twice now I can't get in the spire without refreshing
I am on HTML and I get the same issue. Had to refresh 3 times so far to get into the spire.

2) I was only able to get through the first 4 steps. I have tried several fight configuration and can not get pass step 5 :( My city is set up for negociation, but still, I was hoping I could get further in this trial version of the Spire.
upload_2019-6-3_13-11-28.png

3) It would be nice to be able to get information on the buildings we can win within the game itself, by passing our mouse over it somehow. THey only appear in a pop up window, with no description.

iDavis

Things i dont like: timers between gates are too big and unconfortable, so claims from video that play at your own pace is completely misleading, we need every day to actually finish it all, which leaves us to play at exact time every day which is once again horrible

After Timewrap release, tournaments became quiet simple (in case of timing), so they probably want to make us hurried again. And who knows, maybe we will get another AW for tower time reduction as well. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser778

Are you guys all in html5? Because flash on windows is not that spire friendly: for twice now I can't get in the spire without refreshing
I use flash and windows and so far i had no problems. Runs quite smooth so far. (City and battle graphics set to low)

Arayla

I was pretty excited to try this out today, and I want to like it. I played the first 4 chests and won a small time instant and 3 coin rains. I felt frustrated and left it for a while. I just played 3 more chests to win 2 supply instants and another coin rain. I had just enough troops to play each time and varied between 2% losses of troops and 30% losses. I did not have my fire phoenix fed. I have moderately high level military AWs.

Right now, I see two problems. The squad sizes based on chapter are a bit too large for most Elvenar players. The players who produce troops will not have enough to play the Spire and the tourney at their current level of play. In my experience talking to players in my fellowships (current and past), most of the tourney players (ranked below the top 100 on each server) will play the tourney until their troops run out. They will not be able to generate enough additional troops to scrape together 5 stacks of everything in order to play in the Spire.

Unless the squad sizes are made significantly lower, the troop losses are too large to have coins or supplies as rewards. If the squad sizes were smaller and my losses were smaller, winning coins and supplies might feel like it was worth the smaller amount of effort. But when I lose 30% of what I sent into battle with a large squad size, I feel that the consolation prize should be enough to make my try again at the next chest.

charlemagne3

i do think that since we've had a choice up til this point on producing goods - ie catering rather than being a war monger - this new feature should allow for both approaches to the game. It currently does not. I have the aureate phoenix at 10, the storm one at 5 and the fire one at 2. clearly my preference is to make goods not fight. That being said I have the various battle things maxed for where I am in the knowledge tree along with 2 orc breeders and I can not win a 2 tier battle. Annoyed and disappointed.

tradescantia

For a small city, the current squad sizes are unworkable. I can't get past more than 3 chests, and without the negotiating feature enabled, I'm stuck. My city is maximized for fighting, but I'm not going to use up troops I need for the tourney.

DeletedUser

Any idea how to beat these Steinlings ? There squad sizes are just to big. :(
wave 2:
upload_2019-6-3_20-3-52.png
wave 1:
upload_2019-6-3_20-3-38.png

I tried a few different troops but I always looses. Cost me a lot of troops with that squad size, more then in several rounds of tourny. :eek:
If this keeps up I'm going to forget about the Spire at all, not worth the cost. :(

DeletedUser2665

Alright, ladies and gents.

Here's what happened to me.

I did the first 12 challenges. Spent some diamonds do pass through the 3-hrs waiting gate. I've got to the 9 hrs one, and I will have to wait.

So far I have spent a tremendous amount of tools and time reducers to keep building troops. And there's a sad conclusion:

ELVENAR, if you need to clean us up, WARN US first!

This is the greatest idea ever, but if the final result doesn't REALLY match the spend, it would be the saddest experience I've been through since the beginning of the game, several years ago. Nobody will ever return your spend so my advice to all of you is to wait till someone gets to the end, see what are the odds of winning some fancy prize, then get to it. Not before.

My plans? Complete it for once, whatever it takes. If it doesn't match my effort, never touch it again. I will just consider my spend CHARITY for poor Elvenar thinkers.

Dony

King of Bugs
Any idea how to beat these Steinlings ? There squad sizes are just to big. :(
wave 2:View attachment 5891 wave 1:View attachment 5890
I tried a few different troops but I always looses. Cost me a lot of troops with that squad size, more then in several rounds of tourny. :eek:
If this keeps up I'm going to forget about the Spire at all, not worth the cost. :(
i would use 5x banshee
you cant use combination of units, its bugged and you loose
only way to fight is 5x same units or mass HP combat buldings

Last edited: