• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

What has inno done well and what has been a bomb?

DeletedUser2818

I've never felt a sense of accomplishment when taking part in the FA, just a huge sense of relief that its finally over - the communication is the hardest part, made doubly worse by the lack of being able to use mail on the app... Inno have given with one hand (the quests) but having to keep all communication to the FS chat means that other non-FA issues can get overlooked.
Well, we tend to have fun with it. The communication could be better, the badge system could be better, everything about it could be better. Still, as I said, we tend to have fun with it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
If you feel a huge sense of relief when it's over, why take part in it at all? Your FS forces you to? If so perhaps it's there that lies the main problem.

SoggyShorts

If you feel a huge sense of relief when it's over, why take part in it at all? Your FS forces you to? If so perhaps it's there that lies the main problem.
It's a self-imposed feeling of guilt. All it takes is one player to say "Oooh, I could use that wishing well" and now everyone feels like they are letting their fellow down if they don't help.
When you get a group of really nice people together, then when one says "Way to go Betrinus! You cleared most of that stage all on your own!" and we think "Man I really should help out more"

Heymrdiedier

It's a self-imposed feeling of guilt. All it takes is one player to say "Oooh, I could use that wishing well" and now everyone feels like they are letting their fellow down if they don't help.
When you get a group of really nice people together, then when one says "Way to go Betrinus! You cleared most of that stage all on your own!" and we think "Man I really should help out more"
its also hard to tell who is really doing well in FSA. there so many badges needed its hard to tell if someone dumped 50 1 day production badges. while someone might as well have worked for an hour or 2 and did 50 brewery badges. Now who did most of the work? its hard to tell :) As long as FSA is about whoever makes most room in their city and fills it with lvl 1 workshops, its a wrong kind of competition in my book.

CrazyWizard

I agree destroying your city to win an event is the wrong kind of battle.

This is why you now see the FA being dominated by guilds who kick out players to replace them with pure FA accounts.
Mostly dead account of former members that quitted.
Last FA won on my live server the Victor used 5-6 of those type of accounts and I would be amazed if it would be different on other servers.

DeletedUser2818

Uhm, I can't fully relate to that, not with my FS at least. During the last FS (on server 2), we managed to be #1, and my contribution was pitiful. I had warned the FS that I wouldn't have been able to participate much as I had a lot of IRL stuff going on and was mid-chapter with upgraded constructs stuff going on, and I wasn't requested to tear down anything to participate in it (which is proof that you don't have to enforce stuff in an authoritarian way in order to be a competitive and successful FS, but I digress). There was some guilt on my part, because whenever I could log in I'd check the progress and the chat and the effort they put in it was amazing, but it wasn't that bad, and whenever I apologized for my lack of participation I'd get nothing but "d/w it's ok RL comes first" kind of messages). Which I guess was what drove me to connect from a long-range flight (FRA-NRT) in order to contribute what long-cycle badges I could. If I had been asked to forcefully participate, on the other hand, I doubt I would've done so. Internet access from planes is cheaper relatively to what it was in the past, sure, but still far from cheap on an absolute level. But again, I didn't feel pressured into doing it - which is one of the reasons why I absolutely love my FS.

slide

Well, we tend to have fun with it. The communication could be better, the badge system could be better, everything about it could be better. Still, as I said, we tend to have fun with it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Before the start I decide to myself that I won't take part, but find myself being sucked into it... yes, I know, no will power at all!

SoggyShorts

Uhm, I can't fully relate to that, not with my FS at least.
It sounds like your FS is exactly what I describe(self-imposed guilt only, no pressure, everyone awesome), the only difference is that yours was going to be #1 no matter what and mine was not going to even finish 1 path per stage.

edeba

No sense of accomplish what-so-ever...

The scores and competition on different servers varies enormously. I am curious as to what the level of competition you describe as being enjoyable stacks up to in other worlds. I am wondering if this is a difference in group effort, or a difference in personal likes and dislikes.

If it is a difference in end score, then set the winning to be whoever reaches a certain score first, as then the competition is as long as it takes a fs to reach the score.

Well, as far as FAs go, I don't think spending is a big issue. Organization, coordination and ambushing is what makes it or breaks it, not the occasional impatient guy IMHO. I say this as someone who's not afraid to spend for permanent (well, as close as it gets) stuff, but hasn't spent one diamond in FAs - and in a group of like-minded people, we managed to rank 1st. As to the lenght of the pit phase... yes, it's exhausting. Yes, having to wait for the guy with the other badges to wake up because there's an 8-hours timezone difference between the two of you is excruciating. But at the same time, it's exhilarating. Sure, you could cut the tension by cutting down the pit and overall FA time, but you'd also cut the sense of accomplishment that comes from performing well in one. I'm not just talking about 1st places, any place on the first 10th felt extremely gratifying to me personally.

Jaxom

Bad: the FA interface on browser is HORRIBLE. Makes it mandatory for me to do FA on app.

Stupid: having to search for the chests that you get for helping. A waste of time. Never understood why they do it.

And I agree that this thread is too broad.

edeba

Interesting... we are actually working to coordinate a player move between 2 fellowships for players that want to compete and players that just want to do a single path so strong wanting to play the FA have a chance at winning and those of us just not interested can just focus on doing 3-10 badges per day and we'll one path each page no problem, or we do more and just stop once we have our 3 pages done.

This is why you now see the FA being dominated by guilds who kick out players to replace them with pure FA accounts.
Last FA won on my live server the Victor used 5-6 of those type of accounts and I would be amazed if it would be different on other servers.

DeletedUser2526

I don't know where to put this so here goes..... as I was just looking at cities in High Mode to get the full effect it dawned on me... for all that is good or bad we tend to overlook the sheer ARTISTIC GENIUS that is taking place on ELVENAR.

My son is a graphic artist, I used to create custom content for the SIMS 1 game its not easty...

The ELVENAR GRAPHIC ARTISTS and they are YOUNG just blow me away with what they have created and continue to create... BLOWS MY MIND!!! You deserve KUDOS for your contribution to the ART COMMUNITY world-wide... what would we be without ART!!!!!

Dawien

First part I agree with fully. I won't break down any existing buildings for an FA, only when I have empty spaces when I'm between chapters I will add buildings to play the FA.

Second part I don't agree with completely. In live, my guild has always been in the top 10 of an FA but we are absolutely against using little accounts to our advantage only. All accounts are regular, daily players who simply communicate through the means provided. We have even had 2-3 players leave the guild because we weren't "strict" enough and not "dedicated" enough to get to #1 (although we did win it once).

As for the graphics, I agree with @Sunnydae , I think they look great :)

CrazyWizard

First part I agree with fully. I won't break down any existing buildings for an FA, only when I have empty spaces when I'm between chapters I will add buildings to play the FA.

Second part I don't agree with completely. In live, my guild has always been in the top 10 of an FA but we are absolutely against using little accounts to our advantage only. All accounts are regular, daily players who simply communicate through the means provided. We have even had 2-3 players leave the guild because we weren't "strict" enough and not "dedicated" enough to get to #1 (although we did win it once).

As for the graphics, I agree with @Sunnydae , I think they look great :)

Well we got first twice at an FA.

My main question in the past few FA did any guild become number one without using any FA sccounts where in essence the town was destroyed completly in favor of lvl 1 buildings?

Domination is for the winning team, so 1st place. its not like a dozen guilds use these tactics. FA is simply not popular enough for that. and for a good reason.

Richord

Don't know, but was is 'allowed'? deleting extra cult? having a certain amount of mini-factories? a certain % of your city? very difficult to establish what's fair.
1 big NONO; small city full of T1's etc. that's cheating for sure.

DeletedUser2818

The anniversary gift automatically going to whichever world you first logged in surely was a terrible idea. Felt like whoever didn't log in on their main world was punished, and there was no way of preventing that.

Deleted User - 62044

The anniversary gift automatically going to whichever world you first logged in surely was a terrible idea. Felt like whoever didn't log in on their main world was punished, and there was no way of preventing that.
jajja directly to the academy of magic to change it for spells. Another unicorn that bites the dust. thank you for the "" gift "" but I think for all, the real gift is to see the icon of notifications on the map, finally, thanks for that if that is a great gift.

Richord

not true in my case. got them in both worlds.

DeletedUser2818

It sounds like your FS is exactly what I describe(self-imposed guilt only, no pressure, everyone awesome), the only difference is that yours was going to be #1 no matter what and mine was not going to even finish 1 path per stage.
How can there be guilt if there is no pressure? And how was my FS going to be #1 no matter what? That's very false, since another FS is usually #1 on my server, my FS had to organize extremely well and put in some exceptional effort and teamwork in order to beat them. But nobody was forced or pressured into doing so, and nobody was kicked for not tearing down their town or things like that.
As I said, my contribution was pitiful compared to others, and I excused myself for it more than once during the FS - at each turn I was turn not to worry. I also offered to step out for the duration of the FA, knowing I wouldn't had been able to contribute much that week, but I was just told to relax. I won't debate the part of my FS being awesome of course, that much is absolutely true - I'm sure there are FSs where the atmosphere is much less relaxed and there are things forced upon people.

No sense of accomplish what-so-ever...

The scores and competition on different servers varies enormously. I am curious as to what the level of competition you describe as being enjoyable stacks up to in other worlds. I am wondering if this is a difference in group effort, or a difference in personal likes and dislikes.

If it is a difference in end score, then set the winning to be whoever reaches a certain score first, as then the competition is as long as it takes a fs to reach the score.
Different strokes for different folks, as I said. The competition is there and pretty lively in my world, there were constant unexpected turns score-wise during the last two FAs. I don't see how setting a score to be reached first would make it any less of a race than it currently is - I think it's funnier this way, more space for unexpected twists and turns. If there'd be a set score to reach, it'd be much more straightforward and less engaging, whereas this way you don't really know till the very end. I realize how some might dislike that, but that boils down to personal taste, which is a rather pointless thing to debate.

not true in my case. got them in both worlds.
Are your worlds tied to the same account? If not, I guess it was a lucky glitch, because I even asked support and was told it was a once per account thing and they couldn't do anything to, for instance, make the gift show up on my main world too, or transfer it from my alt world to my main world.

SoggyShorts

How can there be guilt if there is no pressure?
As I said, "Self-imposed". When your mom is totally cool and understands that you have no choice but to work overtime on mother's day you can still feel guilty about not spending it with her, right? Self-imposed guilt.
And how was my FS going to be #1 no matter what?
You said you didn't help much and they still got #1, therefore your contribution(or lack thereof) didn't matter to the end result, right?
Now if they had finished #2 and your badges would have been enough to take #1, that's very different, isn't it? Perhaps you would feel some self-imposed guilt?