• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Evolution of Phoenix

DeletedUser

@Lovec Krys I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm getting goods, an increase to my boosted if needed, population, supplies, gold, culture and who knows what else they are going to do with them. Everyone at some point will have sentient factories, I've chosen to build mine sooner than later. Plus, they are an added benefit to the little challenges we have. If you're putting spells on all of your factories for points, might as well spell up your phoenix buildings too and get the extra goods.

I don't think mm spells were ever intended to be used on boosted factories, there is already a huge boost. They've only become popular to do more in tournaments, but then you're chasing your tails trying to get more goods, more units, more relics to keep the pace up.

It might have been you that said, originally everyone built all of the factories and then someone decided going boosted only was the way to go. idk I love having all of them, and love what my city looks like with them and now with my boosts from the phoenix buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is this the only event we'll be able to get the phoenix artifacts?
Nm found my answer
Phoenix Artifacts are scarce, though, and may only appear very rarely outside of this event, so make strategic choices as to which Phoenix you'd like to evolve first.

Karvest

@soleil Aureate is the same, for players using non-boosted manufactories it might have good effect, but for most players, who use only boosted manufactories, the effect is laughable.
For players using non-boosted manufactories Aureate have zero effect. (except of being full specter T1 manufactory at high evolution stages)

edeba

It is misleading. The MM is normally 50%, so with a level 1 storm it is 55% instead.

Unless they do something to drastically increase access to MM, which I suppose they have with the event prizes this event because of the 7 MM prizes, I think storm is a dud.

A little experiment with Storm phoenix:
Made on Wood lv 23 (Dragons chapter city):
3h production: 2425
With magical manufacturing: 3638
With magical manufacturing strenghened by fed storm phoenix lv 1 (effect says +55% to spell effect): 3759

Well, I think everyone will now build Storm phoenix (or not?).

DeletedUser

I'm glad Edeba took the time to figure out the aureate, it's why I went with smaller factories to be able to make use of it.

For me, storm will always be beneficial because I don't intend to max out all of my factories. We're already using 6 of the 9 factories, it is my hope we never hear the term non-boosted again and the last 3 also become boosted factories.

With this event, I've received 28 mm spells so far from the chests which is huge for me - 56 relics I didn't have to figure out where to get.

Now any guesses on how many phoenix buildings we'll end up with? I'm guessing 6

edeba

What you get is relative to base and base is higher as you level manufacturers. So, you know with your nonboosted 1x2 level 1 you get 3 goods and it is 4 or 5 goods when you level it and so on. I am not so sure you make better use of it with smaller factories. I think you make the best use of it with the highest number of squares with the highest base (most leveled.) Level 10 gives 300%, so you'd get 12 instead of 3 for level 1, but you'd get 15 or 18 for level 2. Fully boosted that 1x2 give 24, and a level 10 still give an extra 9 regardless of whether you are boosted.

I'm glad Edeba took the time to figure out the aureate, it's why I went with smaller factories to be able to make use of it.

For me, storm will always be beneficial because I don't intend to max out all of my factories. We're already using 6 of the 9 factories, it is my hope we never hear the term non-boosted again and the last 3 also become boosted factories.

With this event, I've received 28 mm spells so far from the chests which is huge for me - 56 relics I didn't have to figure out where to get.

Now any guesses on how many phoenix buildings we'll end up with? I'm guessing 6

edeba

I thought the increased collection was fairly decent, but, I do have 23 manufacturers. I calculated my collection without the extra was 31,893 and between the two collections I managed to collect an extra 15036 goods.

You can make 1.5 MM in the time it takes to make a pet food, so to me that was equivalent to getting 10k of goods for an MM. 5 collection of my MM would 2525 goods. My silk is biggest and 5 collections of it would be 5238.

It is crap if you switched to a lot of set buildings for goods.

I don't see any choice at higher chapters because orcs are limiting, at least they are by the last chapter. I've gone from 4 smaller to 6 bigger armories and I'm absolutely bleeding orcs so I will increase armories, reduce goods and increase armies. I wish I'd had an inkling of how drastic the the orc increase was because I had decided I'd like to just cater more and old off all of my military pieces. So now I will look at replacing them.

But, I doubt I will ever get to level that orcs are an issue on beta so going for more catering on beta.

@soleil My experiment was actualy to show that with the current settings, if players are not using non-boosted production, both aureate and storm phoenixes' effects are useless and they are just a waste of space.

DeletedUser

@edeba, Probably didn’t make much sense that I went with smaller at first glance, but the biggest difference is need for goods. Most people in a fellowship have a much larger need for goods than me. I am already working on chapter 5 planks while still doing the finishing touches on chapter 3.

I also went with more tier 1 factories, 12 instead of 5. I wanted to make a need for using the Aureate building and if we have future events or activities where we need more goods, my little phoenix can boost those 75% with only 1 feeding. That’s a sizeable boost for a chapter 3 person. Nothing else in the game at my level, can do that.

Putting in 12 tier 1 made a big difference to me with finishing event quests. I’m further than I’ve ever been and I’m not deleting them after the event, they are with me forever.

Then there’s the extra marble I’m getting from it, that just cut down the days of marble production for chapter 4 by almost 1/2. It’s making as much marble as my 5 marble factories. It takes the place of 2 traveling merchants, but those don’t give population or culture. And it looks fab.

Now I’m toying with deleting 3 residences for the event buildings. I have one already just no room for it and then today’s gift. If I get it, then 3 residences are gone for more factories and space for wonders. The one today will look really good next to my baby fire phoenix.

I love these buildings. And happy to hear that it’s working for you too.

DeletedUser

@Karvest yes that's what I was talking about. It will boost all of those factories and currently I have 17 boosted factories.
Nm what I said about having 12, it was inno changing the quests that allowed me to almost finish the event. Woot!

Dony

King of Bugs
Something to watch for from live... There is a thread saying the fire phoenix made the tournament a lot more difficult. Anyone notice this at all? It was a scroll tournament that is more difficult anyway, and I think moving up the tech tree really changes things as well...

Anything noticed on beta? https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fire-phoenix-glitch-or-trap.19799/
scroll tournament has map layouts that even 10 fire phoenixes whould make your army disappear just because they will die before doing any damage, this is known for years now

Dony

King of Bugs
I liked quests in this event and all the options they got
i also like phoenixes idea and hope for more to come in a future
without phoenixes this event would be another carnival with uninteresting prizes for me
i dont like rewards per chests tho, in an era where we need spell fragment, combining catalyst, pet food, royal resto spell or vapor vision, we get coin and supplies instant with enchantments which some of us have thousands from eachs

edeba

Sure, I agree, but the issue is being brought up by a strong, hard tournament player who should know this and makes claims comparisons were made with others in the fs.

scroll tournament has map layouts that even 10 fire phoenixes whould make your army disappear just because they will die before doing any damage, this is known for years now

Heymrdiedier

i think that OP is paranoia? why would placing a building have an effect on his tournament. He didnt even feed his phoenix so it had 0.0000000% influence on his tournament.
Thats like saying after i upgraded my trader, my tournament got much harder.....
He just did a lot more provinces then before and i think hes dissapointed now about the amount of troops he has lost, but thats not the fault of a building that isnt even active, its just the fault of scrolls tournament where even a perfect setup on your side, can still lead to a wipe....

DeletedUser

@Dony why don't you disenchant the instants? I'm sitting on around 17k-19k spell fragments of things I'm going to disenchant from this event.

The only thing I have to say about the fire phoenix is that it's a little overkill, if you were already strong it hasn't made much difference because your still getting hit and I'm still losing units. Glad it has supplies every 2 days I can collect. Where's my defense phoenix! My favorite is the aureate so far, if only I could time the pet foods right...

I really wish these were based on number of collects, same with the mm spell and pet for fighting based on provinces. It feels like I'm wasting relics using these.

Karvest

If you are measuring your loses in squads, they are perfectly scaled with SS upgrades...
The only thing that could be changed since last scrolls tourney except phoenix and bad luck - upgraded enemy units (not sure if any of them are in scrolls tourney).